Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I'm BAAACCCCKKKKK!!!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
lol... An old member who has been away for a while due to being a busy mom of two homeschooling high-school kids. I used to be pretty active around here. Some folks will probably remember me.
Yes, some of us remember you. Welcome back!

While you were gone we've all come into agreement that...

OSAS is a lie

The Nephilim were just plain ol' men

Tattoos are forbidden for the Christian

Smoking is forbidden for the Christian

Drinking is forbidden for the Christian

Wives are to be in full and complete submission to their husbands

It's not right to think your denomination is the one true denomination

It's okay to keep the Mosaic ceremonial laws as long as you don't do it to be justified

and, last but not least....

If Pizza asks you to smell your gas (or his), it's not what you think.
Ummmmmmmmm, no we did not! :horse

Come on Dora, fess up. It seems no coincidence that I popped my head up a week ago after a long hiatus, and then you come round. Read the fine print of your stalking order. This is just as grievous as it would be to follow me around town in your car. I'll tell you again. I don't owe you $5!! You have the wrong guy! :)

Yes, welcome back Handy. I remember you and when I saw the author of this thread, I remembered your little avatar picture even before I clicked on it and sure enough, there it was again. I don't remember when I uploaded my Sir Isaac Newton avatar, but if it was not there before, I probably had a picture of a sundial or something to that effect, so I'm not sure what you remember.

Some of us come and go also. Sometimes I don't post for many days or even weeks, but never for over a year yet. I'd say in the last year, probably 3/4's of the posters here are new. I'm seeing a lot of new names. Two memorable ones to me that stopped posting was Vic (he used to be an administrator) I believe he was pursuing bigger and better things last I heard, and the dear brother who passed on to eternity, Cornelius.

Both were years ago and I don't remember if you were even around then. I was here (off and on) since 2005, and even about 2 years or so before then under another alias I gave up and haven't used since this new one. That's because the alias I used back then was my same nickname I used in a web site and I did not want people to connect me to the site.

Well enough of us old folks reminiscing.... :lol

Come on Dora, fess up. It seems no coincidence that I popped my head up a week ago after a long hiatus, and then you come round. Read the fine print of your stalking order. This is just as grievous as it would be to follow me around town in your car. I'll tell you again. I don't owe you $5!! You have the wrong guy! :)
Yes you DO owe me that $5!!! I need it to pay the guy I've hired to follow you around town in a car! :pepsi2

Yes, welcome back Handy. I remember you and when I saw the author of this thread, I remembered your little avatar picture even before I clicked on it and sure enough, there it was again. I don't remember when I uploaded my Sir Isaac Newton avatar, but if it was not there before, I probably had a picture of a sundial or something to that effect, so I'm not sure what you remember.

Some of us come and go also. Sometimes I don't post for many days or even weeks, but never for over a year yet. I'd say in the last year, probably 3/4's of the posters here are new. I'm seeing a lot of new names. Two memorable ones to me that stopped posting was Vic (he used to be an administrator) I believe he was pursuing bigger and better things last I heard, and the dear brother who passed on to eternity, Cornelius.

Both were years ago and I don't remember if you were even around then. I was here (off and on) since 2005, and even about 2 years or so before then under another alias I gave up and haven't used since this new one. That's because the alias I used back then was my same nickname I used in a web site and I did not want people to connect me to the site.

Well enough of us old folks reminiscing.... :lol

I was just thinking of Cornelius the other day when I was looking at some paintings. He was a truly gifted artist and genuinely loving man.

I was also thinking of you not all that long ago when my dh and I were talking about my general health. I don't know if you remember or not, but I was sick with respiratory issues and all kinds of crud for a very long time and the doctor I was seeing at the time put me on about 7 different meds and I just kept getting more and more health issues...I well remember your posts on health. Well, I no longer see that doctor or any doctor really and guess what... I'm feeling much better! Go figure....

Speaking of older boards and the evolution (micro, to be sure!) of this site, there are a lot of neat-o bells and whistles in this new and improved version of dear old christianforums.net.

Thanks! :)
As for the name, a very long time ago, long before several board changes, back in the days of Vic, Blazin Bones and other old-timers, I needed a username and the "Handy Science Answer Book" was sitting on my desk.
I'm not very imaginative at times. :shrug
Yes, I can understand now about the name Handy. :)

Goodness gracious! I screamed as if I won the lottery and a UEFA Champions League final! welcome back.

I think we should sue you for disappearing

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back