Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study In the Flesh or in the Spirit?

That's funny, and true. In fact that's what I was doing at the time, I had been reading my bible and it says it is ok to test the Lord in that way. So I was looking to test God and looking for a place to tithe too. When I walked in and got the Holy Spirit poured all over me I knew I had the right place, lol!

I had to be careful so my right hand didn't find out what I was doing. I'm sure she seen it as her money, lol. So I had to be slick about it to test God about tithing. And I got away with it, she never did find out. But as the test wound up, I am unable to say that tithing is not true because I watched God (figurative) open the floodgates of heaven in blessings and more work or more money. You can't outgive God!

That's why I got away with it at home! I gave that church quite a bit of money in tithes, and she never missed anything because more was added back and so there was no lack. I miss that church.

I'm not gonna comment on this, LoL, other than to say, Quite the "testimony." :hysterical

I'm not gonna comment on this, LoL, other than to say, Quite the "testimony." :hysterical

Being self employed helped me because my income was collected 90% of it was COD. So it was easy to cash the check and stop off at the church on my way home and pay my tithes in the lockbox near the front door then go home and give the wife the money, lol.

Sometimes He wouldn't even let me get out of the parking lot again before my phone would ring and even more work was calling. God is So Good! :woot2

But let me ask you something in regard to walking in the Spirit vs. walking in the flesh. What is your position on fasting in relation to the two?

Fasting has become a peculiar thing for many Christians. In Scripture, it is typically associated with trouble, grief and repentance, a reflection of the inner turmoil and sorrow of the one who is fasting. Often these days, however, it is recommended as a tactic to "show God you're serious," and/or demonstrate deeper spirituality, and/or oblige God to act.

Prayer is always attached to fasting in the NT (or vice versa), and so, I think fasting ought mainly to be a feature of deeper prayer, not its own, isolated thing, divorced from a pursuit of God and His will in prayer.

Performed as a rote thing, a religious ritual, fasting has no spiritual value whatever, which is also the case when fasting is done from a carnal, fleshly life, intended to strong-arm God, or display one's piety. Really, I think fasting will happen naturally, as the Spirit leads, and fairly rarely.

Back