Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

In Today's News

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
But fair and equality means everyone pays the same amount in taxes.

Its not Biblical. The tithe was 10%. The rich paid a lot more than the poor. The rabbis interpreted the Law as 3 tithes, adding up to 23 1/3%. In addition to mandatory offerings (e.g., wave offering), and things like the temple tax. Then the king took another 10% on top of this, plus mandatory military service and such. I would guess maybe 40% or so total, depending upon what services the king required that year.

And the coin doesn't go towards what the people want. For example in USA the people voted for a wall and Trump won big, and the establishment won't give them a wall.

Actually, more ordinary people voted for Hillary. It was only the rich electoral college that voted for him.

Last edited:
I don't want war but I'm realistic in how nations trade ,deal with other.some want us only watching the us.but i digress

There are fewer tanks, ships, and planes each year. Doesn't matter what people want to do, if the resources are not available.

There are fewer tanks, ships, and planes each year. Doesn't matter what people want to do, if the resources are not available.
Oh I agree ,the Ron Paul types don't get that trade and economic stability with trade will depend on at times use of the military.i hate the game but it cant gr avoided.

Oh I agree ,the Ron Paul types don't get that trade and economic stability with trade will depend on at times use of the military.i hate the game but it cant gr avoided.

Modern prosperity depends upon importing natural resources from around the world to feed machines. Once upon a time Europe had empires that gave them a monopoly on global natural resources. They were a power back then. The USA had vast resources to mine on the continent, and trade for what they didn't have. At one time the US produced as much GDP as the entire rest of the world combined. Not any more. Now China is #1 in GDP using PPP.

Their one belt one road initiative is an attempt to procure global resources to feed their machines. They can now produce as much steel as the rest of the world combined, and their tech is steadily improving. The US is converting to a "service economy", but this only means going back to doing things by hand. The reason that there are fewer tanks and planes each year. You need industrial machines to produce war machines competitively.

Global power and prosperity is all about who can best import natural resources to feed their machines. Has been since the industrial revolution. Russia has vast untapped resources in Siberia, but doesn't have the machines to utilize them.

Last edited:
Its not Biblical. The tithe was 10%. The rich paid a lot more than the poor. The rabbis interpreted the Law as 3 tithes, adding up to 23 1/3%. In addition to mandatory offerings (e.g., wave offering), and things like the temple tax. Then the king took another 10% on top of this, plus mandatory military service and such. I would guess maybe 40% or so total, depending upon what services the king required that year.

Actually, more ordinary people voted for Hillary. It was only the rich electoral college that voted for him.

If someone earns 100 and pays 10% they pay 10, and if someone who earns 1000 pays 10% they pay 100. Why should higher income pay higher taxes when they already contribute the most.

Everyone paying the same rate is equality, anything else is double standards. The people who contribute the most shouldn't pay even more .

Last edited:
Modern prosperity depends upon importing natural resources from around the world to feed machines. Once upon a time Europe had empires that gave them a monopoly on global natural resources. They were a power back then. The USA had vast resources to mine on the continent, and trade for what they didn't have. At one time the US produced as much GDP as the entire rest of the world combined. Not any more. Now China is #1 in GDP using PPP.

Their one belt one road initiative is an attempt to procure global resources to feed their machines. They can now produce as much steel as the rest of the world combined, and their tech is steadily improving. The US is converting to a "service economy", but this only means going back to doing things by hand. The reason that there are fewer tanks and planes each year. You need industrial machines to produce war machines competitively.

Global power and prosperity is all about who can best import natural resources to feed their machines. Has been since the industrial revolution. Russia has vast untapped resources in Siberia, but doesn't have the machines to utilize them.
China has a population imbalance and isnt in any wise capitalist. Too many trade imbalance, export but no importing ,they also need customers .tariffs hit them hard .they also have a Male to female ratio problem.

Never mind the Chinese junk they produce. Try installing a chinese part on your car and it's an import!you will double take the tread difference on it, it will appear to be English but it's not on bolts and not sizes.

Why should a city full of brainwashed zombies control the entire nations decisions.

Its called democracy. As awful as it is, its historically been better than dictatorship of minorities. Insulting the voters by calling them "brainwashed zombies", and then oppressing them by giving out special favors to rich lobbyists, enrages voters. The reason they have put on yellow vests in France, and started rebelling against dictatorship of the rich. The reason they are marching in Hungary.

Its called democracy. As awful as it is, its historically been better than dictatorship of minorities. Insulting the voters by calling them "brainwashed zombies", and then oppressing them by giving out special favors to rich lobbyists, enrages voters. The reason they have put on yellow vests in France, and started rebelling against dictatorship of the rich. The reason they are marching in Hungary.

I never said voters or anything about oppression, we was talking about people wanting to tax the rich up to 70% and as I said the rich contribute more paying the same rate as the lowest earners so why should there rate be higher?

Anyhow on a side note what is worse, calling people zombies or deplorables?

Last edited:
China has a population imbalance and isn't in any wise capitalist. Too many trade imbalance, export but no importing ,they also need customers .tariffs hit them hard .they also have a Male to female ratio problem.

Both nations have serious issues to address. Nevertheless, the fact remains that China has more and better war machines each year, while the US has fewer. Their 50% national savings rate gives them plenty of capital to build modern machines with, while the US has essentially a zippo savings rate. The US still has a technological advantage, but that is from a head start in research back in the day when the US produced closer to half of global GDP. Technology is slowly converging. The 2016 rebellion of the US rich at supporting the military will accelerate these trends. The current practice of funding defense almost solely with debt is not sustainable in the long run. Future sequestration is likely to significantly trim the US military.

Their M/F ratio has led them to import wives from nearby countries, not all of them voluntary. The tariffs have also zapped numerous US companies. Tariffs are paid by US shoppers, letting them buy fewer goods at the store. Joe average is once again moving backward. Tariffs exacerbated the Great Depression, and are not a path to prosperity. They lead to retaliation.

Unrest has led them to distract the people with nationalism and promoting expansionism. They are building man made islands, and claiming the oil/fish around those islands. They are preparing for an all out invasion of Taiwan, if they are not given it peacefully. Similar to when Argentinian generals launched an attack on the Falkland Islands.

People should be treated with respect. Not called by either of those.

I think respect needs to be earned for man by man. I mean even Jesus had no care calling people hypocrites and stuff. Do you think he respected people?. It's just judging in a correct judgement. If someone is being a idiot they are a idiot.

It's just judging in a correct judgement.

Judge not, that ye be not judged. Matthew 7:1 KJV

Jesus is the King. The absolute ruler of all creation. Everything He says comes straight from the Father. He can judge justly. Jesus commanded us not to judge. Judgement is reserved for God, who alone can judge justly.

Both nations have serious issues to address. Nevertheless, the fact remains that China has more and better war machines each year, while the US has fewer. Their 50% national savings rate gives them plenty of capital to build modern machines with, while the US has essentially a zippo savings rate. The US still has a technological advantage, but that is from a head start in research back in the day when the US produced closer to half of global GDP. Technology is slowly converging. The 2016 rebellion of the US rich at supporting the military will accelerate these trends. The current practice of funding defense almost solely with debt is not sustainable in the long run. Future sequestration is likely to significantly trim the US military.

Their M/F ratio has led them to import wives from nearby countries, not all of them voluntary. The tariffs have also zapped numerous US companies. Tariffs are paid by US shoppers, letting them buy fewer goods at the store. Joe average is once again moving backward. Tariffs exacerbated the Great Depression, and are not a path to prosperity. They lead to retaliation.

Unrest has led them to distract the people with nationalism and promoting expansionism. They are building man made islands, and claiming the oil/fish around those islands. They are preparing for an all out invasion of Taiwan, if they are not given it peacefully. Similar to when Argentinian generals launched an attack on the Falkland Islands.
I.didnt defend taruffs

Look the chinese simply cant build,a metric thread ,but should be precise, theirs isnt .often I have to use standard as it fits better .I have old good made tools.

Judge not, that ye be not judged. Matthew 7:1 KJV

Jesus is the King. The absolute ruler of all creation. Everything He says comes straight from the Father. He can judge justly. Jesus commanded us not to judge. Judgement is reserved for God, who alone can judge justly.

Jesus said "Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly." John 7

You quoted Matthew and in its fullness if you read is not forbidding judgement but hypocracy. Judging as a hypocrite. Judge not as yet not be judged, and if you do the same measure back.

Who was Paul to Judge if not allowed to judge?. He judged many. His letters are full of judgement.

Last edited:
Back