Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

In Today's News

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
interesting in the research on that church, its subdivision is tied to a homestead that was the biggest of the three black families. Geoffrey's was the largest and was absorbed into what is now the airport, along with espy. which is next to it and espy's homestead reached the river. I may spend time at the library reading up these families

Hey guys, I apologize this is so late but I've had a really rather busy day today. Anyways, there wasn't going to be any news today anyways. So have a wonderful rest of the night and God bless! :biggrin

I realize that this is rather rare for me to say but there just hasn't been a lot of interesting news for me lately which is why there isn't any for the third time in a row. Anyways, I hope that everybody has a wonderful rest of the day and God bless. :biggrin

Just one amberjack landed after hooked from the dock today was just a smaller one but was still a keeper. I got another two that were undersize so released, and lost another two, one spat after a short run, and the other took me round the post and busted off, that's why I always try take them off the dock and round to the beach to land and not on the dock itself, and why everyone knows one hooked from a dock is equal to 5 from a boat. Lots of structure and weed around so makes a good challenge.

One is better than none. That's 10 people fed.

IMG_20200109_135056.jpg

Last edited:
Why do leaders make so many dumb decisions. I mean preying on addicts does not stop people smoking. It just makes people more broke and creates more crime as so many stores have been robbed for cigarettes to the point retailers have to lock them in safes at night because they are so expensive and people are addicted and addicts will do anything for there hit no matter what the addiction is, and nicotine is highly addictive. That's why people go around picking up all the cigarette butts off the streets to roll up.

It's an addiction, and addictions are real, hoovering addicts cash through taxes in the hope they will give up is just plain stupid. The people who make the rules are not addicts and never smoked so they have no idea how to go about it. They think making it expensive is the solution. Dumb. I don't think the politicians intentions were bad but they have no idea, on top of smoking is a free choice for those over 18, yes everyone knows it's bad for the health but still, it's taxing peoples free choice in the hope they will quit. Rehab centres do a better job.

It has worked for some, I know people who have quit because of the cost, but many have not and struggle, and also it brings a lot of crime in society. The local shops here have been robbed for cigs multiple times in the last couple years, before that nothing. So it's really a big tragedy for a little reward. Many retailers don't even want to sell smokes anymore they sick of being robbed, but of course the government will not connect the two and admit the cause of these crimes.

I smoked for 5 years in my youth and quitting was one of the hardest things to do as I was both physically and psychologically addicted. I had to wean myself off by constantly switching to weaker and weaker brands until I had the chemical addiction down to where I could quit.

Nice fish.

It was just a smallish one about 33 inches maybe 20lb.

I just went for another fish but only got two amberjacks, they were so small it was embarrassing. But today I did hook 7 yellowtail amberjacks, but only got one keeper.

29.5 inch is the legal size for yellow tail amberjack to keep, or as we measure here its 75cm legal size.

Last edited:
Hey everybody welcome to another edition of tonight's news. :) I don't really feel much like reporting tonight so I think that it'll just be a copy and paste night tonight. :yes

Hey everybody welcome to another edition of tonight's news. :)

If research doesn't support the efficacy of homework, there is no reason to demand such long days of children. 8 hours in school is enough for youngsters. They don't need 8 in school plus another 3 at home. Especially since much of what grade schools teach isn't all that useful in the job market to begin with. What employer really cares if their employees can recite the names of all 50 state capitals?

Poor fishy. I hope they clean up the pollution so people don't drink it.

I volunteer to be one of the people that billionaire gives $1 million to. :)

May the Lord bless you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back