Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Intellectual Idiots

Squeakybro said:
That sounds like you are a woman. You couldnt answer my other questions and now you cant answer this one. Women have always had more questions than they had answers.

Ouch. A very low remark.

I dont see it as a low remark. I see it as reality. The Word tells us to treat women different.

1 Pet 3:7
7 Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.
(NKJ)

The problem is the use of the word "IDIOT". The truth of the matter here is not whether people are idiots, or not, the problem is that they are Carnally Minded and Blind to the things of the Spirit so that they are incapable of understanding!

Well you can call it what you like I always use the Word of God. Or if they are carnal I use strongs dictionary.

1 Cor 14:23
23 If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?
(KJV)

2399 idiotes (id-ee-o'-tace);

from 2398; a private person, i.e. (by implication) an ignoramus (compare "idiot"):

KJV-- ignorant, rude, unlearned.

Squeakybro said:
I dont see it as a low remark. I see it as reality. The Word tells us to treat women different.

1 Pet 3:7
7 Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.
(NKJ)

In the passage you provided, the Word tells us to treat women PHYSICALLY different, but also with HONOUR....which is more than I can say for your last comment.

"Women have always had more questions than they had answers."

Your comment demonstrates that you hold a certain amount of ignorance and contempt for women. Your comment is neither biblical, nor edifying to those who, in the words of the Bible verse you just quoted to me, are "fellow heirs."

I'm sorry but I dont have any contempt for women. I just believe the Word of God.
WOMEN
I Jn 2:15-16
15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world-- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life-- is not of the Father but is of the world
Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Matt 6:19-21
19 "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;
20 "but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.
21 "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matt 6:3-4
3 "But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,
4 "that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly.
I Jn 3:18
18 My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.
James 4:10
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.
1 Tim 2:9
9 in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing,
James 2:17
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
Eph 4:31
31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
Eph 5:21-26
21 submitting to one another in the fear of God.
22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.
24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,
26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 6:9
9 And you, masters, do the same things to them, giving up threatening, knowing that your own Master also is in heaven, and there is no partiality with Him.
James 1:19
19 So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath;
Matt 5:44
44 "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
1 Tim 2:12-14
12 And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.
1 Tim 6:1-2
1 Let as many bondservants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honor, so that the name of God and His doctrine may not be blasphemed.
2 And those who have believing masters, let them not despise them because they are brethren, but rather serve them because those who are benefited are believers and beloved. Teach and exhort these things.
Rom 13:1-2
1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.
2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.
1 Cor 14:34-37
34 Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says.
35 And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church.
36 Or did the word of God come originally from you? Or was it you only that it reached?
37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord.
1 Pet 3:1-2
1 Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives,
2 when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by fear.
1 Pet 3:5-6
5 For in this manner, in former times, the holy women who trusted in God also adorned themselves, being submissive to their own husbands,
6 as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, whose daughters you are if you do good and are not afraid with any terror.
Titus 2:3-5
3 the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things--
4 that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children,
5 to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.
Eph 5:33
33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.
1 Tim 2:11
11 Let a woman learn in silence with all submission.
1 Tim 2:15
15 Nevertheless she will be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control.
Luke 6:41
41 "And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the plank in your own eye?
Matt 6:14-15
14 "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. (NKJ)

xxxx From birth we were appointed as male or female. Assume the role. God made you what He wanted you to be, and you have to prove yourself as what ever He made you. Put to death the what if's. God has already established the order. Check your spirits, hold to them that glorify Jesus and purge them that dont. Your whole life is set up so you can show God how you are going to be if you get to heaven. Trust God, crucify the flesh(feelings& emotions) submit to the authority that God appointed to you. Prove yourself.
You were given a husband so you can demonstrate just how you would submit to Jesus if you were married to Him.

1) I'm not a woman.

2) Half the passages you quoted to me have absolutely nothing to do with either women or the topic at hand.

SB, I have followed a number of the threads you started up. You have a tendency to put forth a point, spew off a bunch of scriptures that are either vaguely related or completely unrelated, and dismiss all other opinions as "intellectual idiocy" because the "Holy Spirit" seems to have given you a better understanding than most (if not all) of the people on this board.

I strongly suggest you listen to the counter-arguments of others on this board. Some of them have presented VERY BIBLICAL arguments with the aid of concordances, Bible dictionaries, and the actual Greek language. You, on the other hand, have continually quoted verses out of context and strung them together to supposedly support your argument.

Here's some advice for you: A text without a context is a pretext....(for error). You would do well to think about contexts before rattling off verse after verse.

And here's a Biblical rebuke for you: "The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice." -Proverbs 12:15

you said
I strongly suggest you listen to the counter-arguments of others on this board. Some of them have presented VERY BIBLICAL arguments with the aid of concordances, Bible dictionaries, and the actual Greek language. You, on the other hand, have continually quoted verses out of context and strung them together to supposedly support your argument.

And here's a Biblical rebuke for you: "The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice." -Proverbs 12:15

I said
I listen to all the arguments. And the Holy Spirit gives me verses that dismiss them. Would you want me to go against the Holy Spirit in favor of your own opinion?

That is not a biblical rebuke. If you think it is your in big trouble. That is old testament. And we know that if you dont abide in the new testament you dont have God.

II Jn 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

And that if you are trying to be justified by anything in the old testament that you could fall from grace.

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

Squeakybro said:
you said
I listen to all the arguments. And the Holy Spirit gives me verses that dismiss them. Would you want me to go against the Holy Spirit in favor of your own opinion?

That is not a biblical rebuke. If you think it is your in big trouble. That is old testament. And we know that if you dont abide in the new testament you dont have God.
(NKJ)

Once again, you are guilty of sharing an unbiblical opinion, subjugating biblical advice and wisdom to your own "revelations," and spewing off verse after verse.

True, Christians do not abide in the Old Testament LAW; we live under the new covenant established through Jesus' death and resurrection. However, the Old Testament verse I shared with you was NOT LAW, but WISDOM. Biblical WISDOM is always applicable and available to Christians, just as the ENTIRE Bible is useful to Christians for "teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness." (2 Tim.3:16).

Once again, I strongly suggest you listen to the counter-arguments of others on this board. Some of them have presented VERY BIBLICAL arguments with the aid of concordances, Bible dictionaries, and the actual Greek language. These will benefit you greatly.

you said

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What church do you attend SB?

I said
I attend the one Jesus Christ started. The one with no name, the one with no denomination, the one with no perversion of the scriptures. The Hidden church of Jesus Christ.

That's almost the exact answer I expected. It explains everything.

No one has all the "correct revelation." God made it this way because of our susceptibility to high-mindedness. (Proverbs 18:1 speaks of when one separates himself to intermeddle with all wisdom and ends up breaking out against sound judgement). I have come across many folks who wield scripture in a sweeping fashion without attention to the overall intent of what God is communicating. The old saying that "scripture interprets scripture" or as I understand it, scripture addresses the same things in many places of the bible to balance the understanding of it. Jesus hinmself said that neglecting the weightier matters of the law was what his opponents did. There's a whole lot more to be perceived than just what we pull from the surface which is what keeps the body of Christ dependent upon each other.
Some would say that Paul didn't have to worry about this and he got all this revelation. two things: 1. Paul was left with a thorn in the flesh to keep him from getting high-minded, andn he repeatedly asked God to remove it, and God wouldn't (bet that was a drag). 2. Paul used to be a Pharisee, got knocked down, then had to be shown how much he would have to suffer for the Lord's sake. And he sure did alot of years of suffering. It may sound nicely stated in the word, but I gurantee you he suffered some serious injury and painful processes throughout his life after conversion.
Unless one is prepared to give it all up like that, he should be very humble with what little he knows.

I know it has humbled me. That is what i have received so far. But this is the one point that alot of people miss. The more one receives the humbler they become. To the Lord. The more bold they become to man.

Luke 12:4-5
4 "And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
5 "But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!
(NKJ)

Actually, in my experience, I find that the more one learns of God, the more seasoned in life they become, the less dogmatic, and generally have more understanding toward other Christians who are also learning as they go. (not meaning that we tolerate evil or anything like that)
It has been often interpreted by many that boldness is being blunt and forceful with the truth; I don't believe that's the kind of boldness God is looking for, but rather honesty in our beliefs and our faith.

Singlemindedness is often interpreted as "stubborness", Admonishing as being "Intolerant and judgementalism".

Well I can tell you this from my experiance that the more I learn the more I find of just how much I have fallen short. Which brings on more fear. And more fear brings on more boldness. I can also see in the world more deception.

Luke 1:50-53
50 And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation.
51 He has shown strength with His arm; he has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
52 He has put down the mighty from their thrones, and exalted the lowly.
53 He has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich He has sent away empty.
(NKJ)

Rev 19:5
5 Then a voice came from the throne, saying, "Praise our God, all you His servants and those who fear Him, both small and great!"
(NKJ)

evanman you said

Singlemindedness is often interpreted as "stubborness", Admonishing as being "Intolerant and judgementalism".

I said
Singlemindedness is what one has to have to be born again.

Luke 13:24
24 "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.
(NKJ)

Matt 7:13-14
13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
(NKJ)

John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
(NKJ)

Luke 6:46
46 "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?
(NKJ)

Matt 7:21-23
21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
(NKJ)

Do they have censorship on this board??? Because most of my posts are deleted. In a very short time.

Back