Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is A New Moon A Sign of the Rapture?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
From the OP, the author means the new moon at the feast of the Trumpets. Not every month. Using lunar observation to start the month, all the feasts in Leviticus 23 save one is after the month was determined. Only the feast of the trumpets is where "no man knows the day nor the hour" of the feast. It depends on whether or not the moon is sighted, so one has to "watch" so they know when to start the month and the feast suddenly commences (which they should be ready for by watching the signs). This is a perfect counterpart in nature depicting the end times and I'm sure not a coincidence. God defined the holy days that way,
The important part about Jesus return is that believers be found faithfully doing God's will.

Jesus essentially told his disciples not to focus on when He returns and the signs of his coming. He told them to be like the faithful and wise servant of Matthew 24 whom the master found doing his work when his master returned.

When Jesus comes is not our business.

Our business is to be found faithful when He comes.

The devil's business is to get us distracted so that we're chasing after signs and prophesies new end time revelations instead of being faithful servants.

So I don't care in the least about when Jesus will return because it's not my business.

iakov the fool

The important part about Jesus return is that believers be found faithfully doing God's will.

Jesus essentially told his disciples not to focus on when He returns and the signs of his coming. He told them to be like the faithful and wise servant of Matthew 24 whom the master found doing his work when his master returned.

The devil's business is to get us distracted so that we're chasing after signs and prophesies new end time revelations instead of being faithful servants.

So I don't care in the least about when Jesus will return because it's not my business.

iakov the fool

I concur. As long as the OP and the rest of us are being faithful and not overly preoccupied with the timing is fine. Some inquiry and a lot of watching is in order tho. It goes along with the rest of the work.

As deeply as I love to dig into Bible verses, I see that 1 Thessalonians 5:2 says simply means that we do not know when Jesus will come back. Only God knows that time, and it will be when we least expect it (maybe if we reach "world peace" or some kind of utopia?)!
The bad guy below must be revealed to the church, prior to the second advent, no pre-trib escape route seen below.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-10KJV
1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

iakov the fool
There are those who ask questions about the signs of the end as did the Apostles. Jesus only stated the exact date was not for us to know. He discussed the rest.
Randy

There are those who ask questions about the signs of the end as did the Apostles. Jesus only stated the exact date was not for us to know. He discussed the rest.
Randy
I Agree 100%, Matthew Chapter 24 was given to the christian, signs that will proceed the "Second Advent" we are to be aware of these signs, and not sleep.

The believer is instructed to "Watch" the signs of the "Second Advent" he is blessed to keep his garment.

Matthew 24:32-33KJV
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-6KJV
1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

Luke 21:28KJV
And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Revelation 16:15KJV
Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Last edited:
Jesus only stated the exact date was not for us to know. He discussed the rest.
What Jesus said in that "discussion" is vague and subject to interpretation.
His instructions to the disciples as to what they should be doing was not vague.

The bad guy below must be revealed to the church, prior to the second advent, no pre-trib escape route seen below.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-10KJV
To say that Christ is going to leave his beloved Church to suffer through the tribulation is to doubt the depth of his love and faithfulness to us.
If you quote Paul's letters in 1 and 2nd Thessalonians about the end times you can't skip over this very clear explanation of the Lord taking the Church out - what we call the rapture. Its not his return, its more like a drive-by to meet us in the clouds.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The irony here is that I'm pretty sure Paul wrote these letters because the church at Thessalonica thought they were already in the tribulation and so if you start at the beginning of the chapter:
2 Thessalonians 2
1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

In other words, don't freak out as if Christ's 2nd coming is today and don't let anyone deceive you into thinking otherwise because here's how the actual tribulation is going to play out.

To say that Christ is going to leave his beloved Church to suffer through the tribulation is to doubt the depth of his love and faithfulness to us.
If you quote Paul's letters in 1 and 2nd Thessalonians about the end times you can't skip over this very clear explanation of the Lord taking the Church out - what we call the rapture. Its not his return, its more like a drive-by to meet us in the clouds.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The irony here is that I'm pretty sure Paul wrote these letters because the church at Thessalonica thought they were already in the tribulation and so if you start at the beginning of the chapter:
2 Thessalonians 2

In other words, don't freak out as if Christ's 2nd coming is today and don't let anyone deceive you into thinking otherwise because here's how the actual tribulation is going to play out.
In Love

The very scripture you post shows the "Second Advent" of Jesus Christ and the "Resurrection" of the believers in Christ.

The resurrection of the believer takes place on "The Last Day" just as Jesus Christ taught.

"The Dead In Christ Shall Rise First"

The resurrection of the believers in Christ above, takes place on "The Last Day", there will be no pre-tribulation rapture of the Church to heaven.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 11:23-24KJV
23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

Last edited:
I Agree 100%, Matthew Chapter 24 was given to the christian, signs that will proceed the "Second Advent" we are to be aware of these signs, and not sleep.
NO.
You are conflating different parts of the passage.
Jesus told his disciples not be caught sleeping instead of doing their work when He comes.
Those signs have been occurring for the past 2000 years and foolish people have been predicting the date of Jesus return.
Jesus was not explicit about the signs. He was rather general. That's why people have been duped into believing charlatans who declared they knew when what was going to happen and brought their charts to show everyone.

The message of Matthew 24 is: "When the Lord returns, be found faithfully doing the work he has given you to do."

Mat 24:44 "THEREFORE, you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect."

Talking about what the signs are and what the events mean is exciting and lots of fun and smooth talking preachers make a good living tickling the ears of seekers of special knowledge about things they cannot possibly know. But it is a distraction. And distraction is a primary tool of the devil.

It doesn't matter whether or not you know the "signs of the times."

The only thing that will matter is whether or not you are found faithfully doing the "good works which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." (Eph 2:10) We will all account for how we used the gifts we were given. Did we gain more for the kingdom or did we bury it in the ground while watching some televangelist pontificate on exactly what will happen when any who it will be and why he needs a bigger private jet.

When the King judges, no one will be judged on the basis of what they knew as if Christianity was some kind of a Gnostic religion in which salvation was based on your understanding of "secret Bible knowledge."

The King will take some into the kingdom and send others to hell based on what they did or did not do. (Mat 25:31-46)

Does anyone want to hear the Lord say to them; "Well done thou good and faithful servant!"?
Then make very sure you are being a good and faithful servant.

iakov the fool

NO.
You are conflating different parts of the passage.
Jesus told his disciples not be caught sleeping instead of doing their work when He comes.
Those signs have been occurring for the past 2000 years and foolish people have been predicting the date of Jesus return.
Jesus was not explicit about the signs. He was rather general. That's why people have been duped into believing charlatans who declared they knew when what was going to happen and brought their charts to show everyone.

The message of Matthew 24 is: "When the Lord returns, be found faithfully doing the work he has given you to do."

Mat 24:44 "THEREFORE, you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect."

Talking about what the signs are and what the events mean is exciting and lots of fun and smooth talking preachers make a good living tickling the ears of seekers of special knowledge about things they cannot possibly know. But it is a distraction. And distraction is a primary tool of the devil.

It doesn't matter whether or not you know the "signs of the times."

The only thing that will matter is whether or not you are found faithfully doing the "good works which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." (Eph 2:10) We will all account for how we used the gifts we were given. Did we gain more for the kingdom or did we bury it in the ground while watching some televangelist pontificate on exactly what will happen when any who it will be and why he needs a bigger private jet.

When the King judges, no one will be judged on the basis of what they knew as if Christianity was some kind of a Gnostic religion in which salvation was based on your understanding of "secret Bible knowledge."

The King will take some into the kingdom and send others to hell based on what they did or did not do. (Mat 25:31-46)

Does anyone want to hear the Lord say to them; "Well done thou good and faithful servant!"?
Then make very sure you are being a good and faithful servant.

iakov the fool
Nobody Is arguing that believers are not to stay busy in ministry, and good works of the kingdom?

They are also to be watchful of signs of the times, as 60 million unborn are killed annually through abortion in the world, and the majority of Western nations in the world have accepted same sex marriage as normal in the last decade, and no this has not been a norm in history.

Nobody Is talking about date setting as you claim, just looking at the branch and knowing summer is nigh, the season.

What Jesus said in that "discussion" is vague and subject to interpretation.
His instructions to the disciples as to what they should be doing was not vague.
Jesus didn't state it was none of their business. Which was your input.
Far be it from me to "fault Jesus" as being vague. I think the problem is found in man. (us)

Last edited:
Is Rev 11 vague? It clearly speaks of two witnesses who testify in the city where their Lord was crucified for 1260 days. After their testimony is completed the beast that comes up from the abyss is allowed to overpower them and kill them. The unbelievers rejoice and refuse to bury them. After 3 1/2 days the Spirit of God enters them and they are alive again with a loud voice from heaven stating come up here and they ascend up to heaven as the whole world watches. Shortly thereafter as in within that hour a violent earthquake shakes that city and 7000 people are killed.

This is what the Spirit lead me to state about Rev 11. "A sign that can't be mistaken"

Now if any in the world, (at that time), has even a shred of faith or love God they will believe and give glory to God. The rest will be deceived into following the beast. For their hearts are that hard because of their love to do evil.

Is Rev 11 vague? It clearly speaks of two witnesses who testify in the city where their Lord was crucified for 1260 days. After their testimony is completed the beast that comes up from the abyss is allowed to overpower them and kill them. The unbelievers rejoice and refuse to bury them. After 3 1/2 days the Spirit of God enters them and they are alive again with a loud voice from heaven stating come up here and they ascend up to heaven as the whole world watches. Shortly thereafter as in within that hour a violent earthquake shakes that city and 7000 people are killed.

This is what the Spirit lead me to state about Rev 11. "A sign that can't be mistaken"

Now if any in the world, (at that time), has even a shred of faith or love God they will believe and give glory to God. The rest will be deceived into following the beast. For their hearts are that hard because of their love to do evil.
I agree, however I believe revelation 11:15 is the end of this world.

Revelation 11:15KJV
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Last edited:
Is A New Moon A Sign of the Rapture?

Will Rosh Hashanah September 9-11 going to be the time of the rapture?

It is interesting that Jesus Christ said that he will come like a thief in the night. Since a thief abhors any chance of being caught then the very best time to be a 'thief in the night' is when there is a moonless night, namely a New Moon. The New Moon will occur during Rosh Hashanah September 11th..... 9-11 2018.

Additionally if one considers that Lazarus being raised from the dead is, in fact, symbolic of the rapture then Jesus Christ's saying in John 11:9 signifies the time of the rapture.

9 Jesus answered, “Are there not twelve hours of daylight? Anyone who walks in the daytime will not stumble, for they see by this world’s light. 10 It is when a person walks at night that they stumble, for they have no light.”

It is only at the equinox of Fall or Spring does the day have 12 hours. Therefore the rapture will happen either in the Fall or Spring when day and night have equal 12 hours. The Fall Equinox for 2018 falls around September 22nd which will coincides with Yom Kippur which is September 18-19

Another point is that when Jesus Christ said that there will be two men working in the field one will be taken (hint: the rapture) and the other left behind and two women will be grinding at the mill - one will be taken (hint: rapture) and one will be left behind. (Matthew 24: 40 -41).

One can conclude that the rapture will take place during the harvest time as the men will be working in the field harvesting and the women will be grinding what is harvested. This coincides with Sukkot - In 2018, the "festival of booths" begins at sundown on Sunday, Sept. 23 and lasts until sundown on Sunday, Sept. 30.

So you see I believe that the rapture, if it were to happen this year, as it is a jubilee year, will occur either just before Rosh Hashanah September 9th when there is a New Moon or around October 9th when there is another New Moon.

So even if the rapture is still a ways off into the future I believe that its occurrence will coincide with Rosh Hashanah - Yom Kippur - and Sukkot each and every year.

Believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and rest assured that you'll be included in the rapture when Jesus will return for his faithful just before mankind's final judgment called the Tribulation and be taken up to heaven to live an eternal existence with God the Father, God the Son Jesus Christ, and God the Holy Spirit.

God Bless

Since there is not going to be a rapture, the answer to the question you pose in your OP title is clearly no.

In Love

The very scripture you post shows the "Second Advent" of Jesus Christ and the "Resurrection" of the believers in Christ.

The resurrection of the believer takes place on "The Last Day" just as Jesus Christ taught.

The resurrection of the believers in Christ above, takes place on "The Last Day", there will be no pre-tribulation rapture of the Church to heaven.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
So we'll be caught up in the clouds, but Jesus is on his way back to earth his second coming so we just wait for him in the clouds? Hi guys good to see you I'll be right back I have to conquer earth and then we can get to that marriage feast? Nope. There are two separate events. There is a verse in revelation about how the church will be spared from that hour.

They are also to be watchful of signs of the times, as 60 million unborn are killed annually through abortion in the world, and the majority of Western nations in the world have accepted same sex marriage as normal in the last decade, and no this has not been a norm in history.
It has been the norm in history long enough for abortion to have been an issue for the church in the first century.

From the Didache: Chapter 2. The Second Commandment: Grave Sin Forbidden. And the second commandment of the Teaching; You shall not commit murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not commit pederasty, you shall not commit fornication, you shall not steal, you shall not practice magic, you shall not practice witchcraft, you shall not murder a child by abortion nor kill that which is born.

I'm not saying that we should not be aware of the signs.

I am saying that we should concentrate on what the Lord commanded that we do and not waste any time chasing after the latest new revelation about the "signs" proclaimed by some preacher who make his living, and a good one at that, tickling the ears of the gullible with what God has personally shown him.

that's all
Romans 1 and 1 Cor 6:9-10 tell us that homosexuality was a major issue for the 1st century church. The emperor Nero married a male youth.

The 20th century opened and closed with war in the Balkans. In between there were two world wars in which som 100 million military were killed and an untold number of civilians. Entire countries were devastated. Add to this the communist revolutions which resulted in the murder of another 100 million civilians by their governments and you have tribulation like as has never been seen since the beginning of time.

Jesus didn't state it was none of their business. Which was your input.
He said as much.
Mar 13:32 But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
Far be it from me to "fault Jesus" as being vague.
I didn't "fault Jesus." He was intentionally vague on many occasions and said so Himself.
Mat 13:10-15 And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?”
He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.
Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:

Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not
perceive;
For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should
heal them.

So we'll be caught up in the clouds, but Jesus is on his way back to earth his second coming so we just wait for him in the clouds? Hi guys good to see you I'll be right back I have to conquer earth and then we can get to that marriage feast? Nope. There are two separate events. There is a verse in revelation about how the church will be spared from that hour.
You didn't respond to the fact of scripture below?

"In Love"

The common verse used with Dispy's is Revelation 3:10

The church must overcome, not be raptured away to heaven from overcoming.

Revelation 3:10-12KJV
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

God's protection for the Church on earth during the "Hour Of Temptation" is seen in Isaiah 26:20-21 below, as the Church will enter their dwellings and shut their doors, until the hour is finished, just like the Passover In Egypt.

Isaiah 26:20-21KJV
20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
21 For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Last edited:
The church is not mentioned in the description of the tribulation in Revelation chapters 6-19, because we won't be here.
1 Thess. 5:9 - For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Rapture=

2nd Coming =
Revelation 19:11-14
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Two separate events.

Christ is compared to a Bridegroom and the church as the Bride of Christ. He's not going to leave his church to suffer the wrath meant for unbelievers.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back