Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

[_ Old Earth _] Is evolutionism compatible with the Bible?

The same with bananas. I prefer Lady Finger bananas over Cavendish bananas, but both are still bananas with microevolutionary change.

There was a good deal of amusement over Ray Comfort's argument that God had designed bananas for man. In fact, the bananas we eat were designed by man, and are very, very different than wild bananas, lacking the features Comfort found so divinely designed. If there was a "design", it was in making a universe in which living things can vary as the environment demands.

You seem to accept evolution to a point. Is it your belief that life on Earth is a series of "bushes" rather than single bush incorporating all living organisms?

I expect that secular evolutionists would deny original sin. Do you have evidence that evangelical Christians who support evolution deny original sin? If so, please give us a few quotes and names.

They deny what happened in Genesis. They support evolutionism. You do understand that Genesis explains the sin? Evolutionism can't even come close to explaining sin and stay true to the Bible.
I do not support macroevolution, but I do support microevolution,

I have no problem with species changing.

It is, by anyone's classification, a dinosaur.

Here's skeletons of Archaeopteryx and a bird.
archaeopteryx-pigeon-14194797C8D4589E353.png

Notice that Archie has hands, hips, ribs, sternum, tail and teeth of a dinosaur.
But it has feathers, and could fly.

Here's a conventional dinosaur skeleton for comparison:
090211-02-archaeopteryx-missing-link_big.jpg

As you see, Archaeoptyrex is far more like a dinosaur than like a bird. Why this should be so, is a complete mystery to Cygnus and his doctrine of "evolutionism." But evolutionary theory predicted this.

There is a growing consensus that Archaeopteryx, a bird whose fossils have been found in the Solnhofen Plattenkalk of Franconia (West Germany), was indeed capable of flight. The claim, however, that Archaeopteryx was a transitional form between reptiles and birds simply won't fly.

Recent fossil discoveries and recent research on Archaeopteryx argue strongly against the suggestion that it is transitional between reptiles and birds......click here for the rest of the article.

Not sure what you mean by "trans-species." It's a well-characterized genus with several species known. Perhaps "trans-order" might be more appropriate, since it's a transitional linking reptiles and birds. The trend has been to put birds, dinosaurs, and crocodilians into their own order, the Archosaura, since they form a well-defined ingroup with all other reptiles as an outgroup.
Now this is why I never did standup. This was my attempt at humor and it fell flat. :lol

It is, by anyone's classification, a dinosaur.

Here's skeletons of Archaeopteryx and a bird.
archaeopteryx-pigeon-14194797C8D4589E353.png

Notice that Archie has hands, hips, ribs, sternum, tail and teeth of a dinosaur.
But it has feathers, and could fly.

Here's a conventional dinosaur skeleton for comparison:
090211-02-archaeopteryx-missing-link_big.jpg

As you see, Archaeoptyrex is far more like a dinosaur than like a bird. Why this should be so, is a complete mystery to Cygnus and his doctrine of "evolutionism." But evolutionary theory predicted this.
Or Not
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/n...muddles-the-archaeopteryx-story/#.WXdbbdxtncc

xiaotingia_skeleton_595.jpg

Mind you, I know less about paleontology than I do about standup and we see how that went!

Your article says what I said. Archaeopteryx was not the first bird; it is a dinosaur that is very close to the line that gave rise to birds. From your link:
This doesn’t change the fact that birds evolved from dinosaurs – it merely relegates Archaeopteryx to the sidelines of that process. In its place, species like Epidexipteryx and Epidendrosaurus take up the mantle of earliest birds. It is a tentative revision but a bold one (Xu himself admits that the new family tree is statistically weak). “It’s been a good run for Archaeopteryx,” writes Larry Witmer in a related editorial. “This finding is likely to be met with considerable controversy (if not outright horror).”

As I pointed out, the idea that Archie is a bird was outdated a long, long time ago. It's more of a dinosaur than a bird. Notice that Xiaotingia also has more dinosaur features than bird features. These animals are close to the line that produce birds, but neither of them are the particular species that gave rise to birds.

Recent fossil discoveries and recent research on Archaeopteryx argue strongly against the suggestion that it is transitional between reptiles and birds......

Perhaps you don't understand what "transitional" means. It is an organism with apomorphic characters of two different groups. So, for example, Archie is transitional because it has apomorphic characteristics of dinsosaurs and of birds. For example, dinosaur pelvis and flight feathers put it in to the category of "transitional."

It would be astonishingly lucky if the very species that happened to lead directly to modern birds happened to fossilize and be found.

Perhaps you don't understand what "transitional" means. It is an organism with apomorphic characters of two different groups. So, for example, Archie is transitional because it has apomorphic characteristics of dinsosaurs and of birds. For example, dinosaur pelvis and flight feathers put it in to the category of "transitional."

It would be astonishingly lucky if the very species that happened to lead directly to modern birds happened to fossilize and be found.

There is no such thing as a transitional. Archy was fossilized when the flood sediment settled over him.

When one flips the coin over and see there is more to fossils than was taught in school...one can easily understand evolutionism never produced anything.

Here's one reason why:
The "evolutionism" of YE creationism:
evolution-of-man-5-638.jpg

Real evolution:
phylotree_orig.jpg

Your new doctrine of "evolutionism" is pretty much the sum of all misconceptions people have about evolution.

I just showed you several. A transitional is an organism with apomorphic characteristics of two different groups.

Homology doesn't even come close to demonstrating evolutionism.

Keep in mind those fossils were buried during the flood of Noah.

Here's one reason why:
The "evolutionism" of YE creationism:

Real evolution:
Your new doctrine of "evolutionism" is pretty much the sum of all misconceptions people have about evolution.

The only misconception about evolutionism is that it is believed by some misguided to be true.

Back