Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Is evolutionism compatible with the Bible?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
No, of course it is a revision....someone snuck in the middle of the night and re-wrote Genesis in every bible in existence.....just to confuse us all.....

Actually, they took the easy way out. Instead of re-writing it to make it literal history, they just started claiming it was a literal history.

The Bible clearly posits the direct creation of the first man and woman. There is no room for an evolutionary process. This is really not an area like the "seven days" of creation, where there is wide room for interpretation. If you are going to be even the mildest form of Bible literalist, the evolution of humans is something you simply cannot accept. And I don't - I believe, on the basis of the evidence and my own intuition, that evolutionary theory is badly flawed.

But what if the scientific evidence for the evolution of humans were to become simply overwhelming? Would we be like the Flat Earthers, clinging to our Bible literalism past the point of rationality? I, at least, would not. I would acknowledge that, even though the biblical account might seem factually straightforward, it must have been intended as a myth expressing the spiritual truth that we are creatures of God and became estranged from him when we reached a sufficient level of sophistication to rebel against him.

Alvin Plantinga and others have pointed out that the axiom that evolution must have been unguided is not part of evolutionary theory. It is a "metaphysical add-on" that most of those who promote macroevolution accept because it is required by their materialistic/naturalistic/atheistic paradigm. God-guided evolution is just as plausible and intellectually acceptable. The only problem with God-guided evolution is that it is inconsistent with a literalistic understanding of the biblical account.

Some has posted there that...evolutionism is completely compatible with the Bible.

I ask, how so?
There is horizontal evolution, where nature adapts to its environment: man, plants and animal. (Foreordained by God). But vertical evolution is not compatible with Scripture.(monkey to man).

There is horizontal evolution, where nature adapts to its environment: man, plants and animal. (Foreordained by God). But vertical evolution is not compatible with Scripture.(monkey to man).

The genes already exist for horizontal......vertical evolutionism is simply impossible. Except for a coloring book version. The evo-minded can't explain how mutations can add up in a "vertical" way.

Woman came from man. God took a part of man to create a woman. (Gen. 2:22-24) Is Scriptural. Never heard of bible-ism?

That is what the bible say. Why would one want to change it?

...some seem to find a reason to change it....they tend to filter their bible through the religion of evolutionism.....letting go of major peices of theology along the way.

Even many creationists admit that new species evolve by mutation and natural selection. There's no point in denying what is directly observed.

D. miranda

O. lamarckana

Even professional creationists have now admitted that speciation is a fact. Would you like me to show you? There's no point in denying it.

D. miranda

O. lamarckana

Even professional creationists have now admitted that speciation is a fact. Would you like me to show you? There's no point in denying it.

Wow, you backed that truck up...You said many christians admitt species evolve by mutation and natural selection.

I'm glad to see you dropped mutation and went directly to speciation.
The only way a species can .speciate into a new species via mutations is through de-evolution.....which would account for a loss of genetic information rather than the needed increase of genetic information for evolutionism to work.

pp
Wow, you backed that truck up...You said many christians admitt species evolve by mutation and natural selection.

Yep. AIG, for example admits favorable mutations, and acknowledges the fact of speciation.
https://answersingenesis.org/genetics/mutations/mutations-yes-evolution-no/

They think it only works within certain boundaries:
speciation.jpg

The problem for them, is that this would make humans and other primates a single "kind", all of them evolving from a single ancestral species.

The only way a species can .speciate into a new species via mutations is through de-evolution.....which would account for a loss of genetic information rather than the needed increase of genetic information for evolutionism to work.[/QUOTE]

It's true that (as in the case of O. lamarckania) increased genetic information was involved. On the other hand, in many other speciations, a loss of information can make the change. Perhaps you don't know how to determine "information" in a population. Could you explain how you think that is done?

The article admitted that beneficial mutations exist. As you saw, a second article admits speciation exists. In fact, as you see from the diagram, AIG admits evolution but in a limited way.
speciation.jpg

They just assume some kind of magical wall that keeps the process in a predetermined channel. There is no evidence that there's any boundary that would keep invertebrates, for example, from evolving into vertebrates. Indeed,there are numerous transitional forms both living and fossil, that show that it happened.

The Institute for Creation Research now admits the evolution of new species, genera, and families. (John Woodmorappe; Noah's Ark: a Feasibility Study). Woodmorappe confirmed to me, via email that his theory would include evolution up to new families.

EDITED

The article admitted that beneficial mutations exist. As you saw, a second article admits speciation exists. In fact, as you see from the diagram, AIG admits evolution but in a limited way.
speciation.jpg

They just assume some kind of magical wall that keeps the process in a predetermined channel. There is no evidence that there's any boundary that would keep invertebrates, for example, from evolving into vertebrates. Indeed,there are numerous transitional forms both living and fossil, that show that it happened.

The Institute for Creation Research now admits the evolution of new species, genera, and families. (John Woodmorappe; Noah's Ark: a Feasibility Study). Woodmorappe confirmed to me, via email that his theory would include evolution up to new families.

EDITED.

I looked again....the article said that beneficial were theoretically possible. The rest of the article showed why they don't do what the evo's claim they do.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back