Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Is God's Rule Perfect

G

In the Bible , it states that God's rule is perfect, what if those rules include killing innocent , slavery , etc?

Its hard to comment on this you have to clarify more do you mean to get his plan through or do you mean how you should follow your life they are to different things....
If you read most of the old testament god has used someone to kill or lie or something to carry out his plan that doesnt mean you should go out and to that though
Tamar in genesis is a perfect example

as for a life you should lead read most of gospel in the new testament aka mimic jesus he didnt kill or do anything your thinking of.
if your talking about what i think you are the perfect rule would be with a life with peace and mimicing the life of jesus.

Baphomet said:
In the Bible , it states that God's rule is perfect, what if those rules include killing innocent , slavery , etc?
How could you know what was perfect rule, you are a sinner. You are either a child of God or a child of the devil. There are no fence sitters. Which are you?

Baphomet said:

Simple answer is YES!

His creation His call on all things. We may not understand it all and we don't have to. We just have to trust and abide in His will.

HolyCraving said:
Its hard to comment on this you have to clarify more do you mean to get his plan through or do you mean how you should follow your life they are to different things....
If you read most of the old testament god has used someone to kill or lie or something to carry out his plan that doesnt mean you should go out and to that though
Tamar in genesis is a perfect example

as for a life you should lead read most of gospel in the new testament aka mimic jesus he didnt kill or do anything your thinking of.
if your talking about what i think you are the perfect rule would be with a life with peace and mimicing the life of jesus.

best post I have read here

Baphomet said:

There is none more innocent than Jesus Christ, His Son. God's rule was that Jesus Christ would pay the price for our sin. God's plan was perfect.

Slavery? Jesus came to set the captives free. The children of Israel went into slavery as a result of selling their brother Joseph.

To address all of the other occurrences when God's people found themselves in some sort of captivity, would take a really deep study, that would ultimately show that it was a result of sin and rebellion against God.

To ask if God's rule is perfect, is basically the same as asking if God is perfect. The answer is yes, God is perfect. Fallen man however, is fickle, sinful, arrogant, and self-righteous.

Gabbylittleangel said:
There is none more innocent than Jesus Christ, His Son. God's rule was that Jesus Christ would pay the price for our sin. God's plan was perfect.

Slavery? Jesus came to set the captives free. The children of Israel went into slavery as a result of selling their brother Joseph.

To address all of the other occurrences when God's people found themselves in some sort of captivity, would take a really deep study, that would ultimately show that it was a result of sin and rebellion against God.

To ask if God's rule is perfect, is basically the same as asking if God is perfect. The answer is yes, God is perfect. Fallen man however, is fickle, sinful, arrogant, and self-righteous.

I agree that humans are sinful , arrogant creatures , but I am still not sure that God's rule is perfect

Baphomet said:
I agree that humans are sinful , arrogant creatures , but I am still not sure that God's rule is perfect
Your position manifests your need of a Saviour. Perhaps you will repent of your "sinful, arrogant" ways and turn to God Almighty so that you can believe the truth that the Holy Spirit is showing you in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

May God bless you with His understanding and wisdom so that you can make the right decision.

Baphomet said:

You must have some specific area in mind. Usually when someone believes God is wrong, it is because His ways are so complex, His knowledge and wisdom so vast, that it can not be comprehended.

Okay, I will cut to the chase, Bap.
In what way do you believe that you are smarter than God?

Gabbylittleangel said:
You must have some specific area in mind. Usually when someone believes God is wrong, it is because His ways are so complex, His knowledge and wisdom so vast, that it can not be comprehended.

Okay, I will cut to the chase, Bap.
In what way do you believe that you are smarter than God?

whoa , I never said I was smarter than "God" , I just stated that I believe that "God's" rule is not perfect

Baphomet said:
whoa , I never said I was smarter than "God" , I just stated that I believe that "God's" rule is not perfect
If you are not smarter than God, then why should anyone believe you when you say that God's rule is not perfect?

Baphomet said:

There is some reason that you have doubt. Some area where you believe that there is imperfection. Possibly a better idea as to how it should be handled.

Well before we really dig into this lets test your belief in God with fire by presenting you with the biggest stumbling block of all to most people: God's Sovereignty.

Lesson #1 from God's Sovereignty: No man or woman is innocent before the eyes of Lord of their own accord. No one is good except the Lord alone (Mark 10:18). God alone posesses that quality and distributes it as he may (wills), and upon whomever he wills in his mercy.

What say you to that?

P.S. Once you answer this we will be prepared to discuss the next point at hand.

cybershark5886 said:
Well before we really dig into this lets test your belief in God with fire by presenting you with the biggest stumbling block of all to most people: God's Sovereignty.

Lesson #1 from God's Sovereignty: No man or woman is innocent before the eyes of Lord of their own accord. No one is good except the Lord alone (Mark 10:18). God alone posesses that quality and distributes it as he may (wills), and upon whomever he wills in his mercy.

What say you to that?

P.S. Once you answer this we will be prepared to discuss the next point at hand.

I agree that no man or woman is innocent , but God's rule of killing and slavery is not perfect , and before anyone says it , verses like that appear in the new testament too

Baphomet said:
I agree that no man or woman is innocent , but God's rule of killing and slavery is not perfect , and before anyone says it , verses like that appear in the new testament too
Does God allow the killing of the righteous?
Does God allow the slavery of the obedient?
Does God provide a way for the lost to be saved?
Does God give the righteous understanding and wisdom?
When you go face to face with God at the judgement, what are you going to tell Him when He asks you why He should grant you eternal life?

simple , I would tell him that even though I have sinned(which to be honest , every does)I do feel regret for the sins I have committed , and I would ask God for forgiveness again .

Baphomet said:
simple , I would tell him that even though I have sinned(which to be honest , every does)I do feel regret for the sins I have committed , and I would ask God for forgiveness again .
Why would you wait until after you die to ask him forgiveness for your sins?

Baphomet said:

Hello and may God's grace be upon you.

These are excellent questions which mankind has struggled with since the fall of humanity. (aka "This side of the Garden"). As Gabby said earlier, it really takes a deep study to begin to understand YHWH's ways from our modern perspectives.

So the question really becomes here, how badly would you like to find those answers and how much are you willing to invest in seeking out those answers?

If you are honest in seeking answers, a good starting point might be to read Paul House, "Old Testemenat Theology".. It's only $24 bucks (Over 600 pages with included reference material, as it walks you through a theological view of each OT book one by one and how it relates to other theological views in the cannon) It's sure to keep you captivated for the next month and is a great reference.

Click on the link for a Table of Content, Excerpts etc.Table of Content

I also noticed that Paul House is speaking at Biblical Training . com

Other great theologians that might help to answer your questions would be George Ernest Write on "God the Warrior" or Erhard S. Gerstenberger, "One God, Changing Theologies.".

Anyway, this is a great start and from there, you can zero in on other areas of interest.

I truly hope that you find value in this post and that you come to a greater understanding of our Lord and Savior.

Peace.

StoveBolts said:
So the question really becomes here, how badly would you like to find those answers and how much are you willing to invest in seeking out those answers?

That is a question that I ask to anyone that wants to question me about my beliefs in Christ. Usually, I give them the answer first, then ask the question. That way a seed has been planted, even if it takes the rest of their life for it to sprout, take root, and come to fruition.

The questions that people ask about God, may come to us as if they are generic questions. The eternal destination of the person with the question may hang on the answers we give. When we take the generic question, personalize it, they may walk away, but they walk away with information that demands a response.

Thank you StoveBolts for asking the question.

Baphomet,
My prayer for you is that you find the answers, and discover their importance. By the way, timing is everything.

Solo said:
Why would you wait until after you die to ask him forgiveness for your sins?

2Cr 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now [is] the accepted time; behold, now [is] the day of salvation.)

Hbr 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

If you truly want forgiveness of your sin, and you want to enter into Heaven when you die, you should begin your journey now. Make your next step on that journey ~ the foot of the Cross ~ God will meet you there. That is the place to become born again.

Let us know if you would like to take that step.

grouphug.gif
wav.gif

(WARNING: We will pounce on you all at once, excited over having a new brother deciding to come into the kingdom. :-D )

Luk 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Luk 15:10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

Back