Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Is God's Rule Perfect

Thank you Gabby, I appreciated your post.

Baphomet said:
I agree that no man or woman is innocent , but God's rule of killing and slavery is not perfect , and before anyone says it , verses like that appear in the new testament too

Of course they do, however, YHWH's ways are not our ways. Would you like a deeper answer to not only your own accusations, but to Solo's questions as well?

Solo said:
Does God allow the killing of the righteous?
Does God allow the slavery of the obedient?
Does God provide a way for the lost to be saved?
Does God give the righteous understanding and wisdom?

Paul House addresses each of these issues very well as they are presented in the Cannon while George Ernest Write goes one step deeper in the subject. Walter Breuggerman is also an excellent read, postmodernism aside... but I believe Paul House does an excellent introductory for those not that familiar with the OT cannon and it's content, or those that are familiar but would like a deeper theological understanding of it and how it relates to the New Covenant (Jer 31:31 / Mt 26). Hey, for $24 bucks and a few hours of ones time... what's there to loose?

If Baphomet or anyone else is honest in their quest to answer these questions from a deeper biblical standpoint, they will persue accordingly.

Peace.

Nice one Stove!!

So many will attempt to discredit God by mentioning these "things" that are politically INCORRECT in this present 'age'.

I find it amazing how many TODAY that will STATE that 'things' are DIFFERENT NOW. And BOY are they!

Folks, God's WORD does NOT 'change'. He is CERTAINLY able to offer BETTER understanding in TIME, but the Words are God's WORD forever.

The LAW is STILL the LAW, we are just NOT bound to it through the PUNISHMENT OF DEATH any longer. We have FREEDOM offered through the DEATH of God's Son.

Free to SIN? ABSOLUTELY NOT. But FREEDOM from the DEATH that sin once offered.

For ONCE there was NEED for animal and meat sacrifice to appease God of the sins of MAN. His Son TOOK THE PLACE of these INCONSEQUENTIAL sacrifices and offered the ULTIMATE Sacrifice FOR ALL TIME.

Now FAITH has become THE LAW. And THROUGH Faith we are offered UNDERSTANDING. And through this understanding we are offered the TRUTH IN CHRIST. And THROUGH this TRUTH we ARE offered the Love that we were MEANT to share in the BEGINNING. And of this LOVE we have been offered the PERFECT example; Jesus Christ. For God WAS/IS God and the communion between man and God was broken BY SIN. it took HIS SON to reconsile man with the Father. He IS the mediator between God and mankind.

Ignore the 'parts of this' that refute individual understanding. But God's RULES are the SAME now and will ALWAYS BE. The ONLY difference is in a 'more perfect UNDERSTANDING'.

MEC

Back