Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Is it possible to experience love and a relationship between two people as portrayed in movies?

Itachi

Is it possible to experience a love, connection, and relationship between two people that is as profound and idealized as depicted in movies? (I haven’t experienced anything like that myself.)

Movies are not real life but maybe sometimes they are :chin.

Lauren-Bacall-and-Humphrey-Bogart.jpg

Is it possible to experience a love, connection, and relationship between two people that is as profound and idealized as depicted in movies? (I haven’t experienced anything like that myself.)

Why do you ask?

I am very blessed by God with a wonderful marriage. My wife is truly my "soul-mate." We get along famously! She's funny, and witty, and deep; she's rough and tough (she's got a knife collection!), and philosophical (it was her degree Major); she's patient and passionate; she's highly creative in a wide spectrum of ways, writing books, and playing the chef in the kitchen, and making books from scratch, and dabbling in photography, watercolor painting, costume-making, and so on. Most of the time, we live in peace, love and joy with each other! What a great gift from God my wife and my marriage to her are!

But, you know, it's all His doing that our marriage is what it is. I'm too naturally a selfish a person to make marriage work on my own. Fortunately, God's working in both myself and my wife so that, more and more, we meet each other with the desire that we would manifest Jesus to each other. And as we are living in conscious submission to the control of the Holy Spirit throughout every day, he acts in us to produce the character of Jesus. The more this is so, the better our marriage becomes. Isn't God good? Yes, He is!

As long as the both of you are evenly yoked and put Christ in the center of your marriage then you will always have love for each other, but many of us have a few issues every now and then, but like my husband and myself we always need to work them out and never go to bed angry.

May I suggest that you do not look at movie's or TV as an example of love, courting and marriage.
A far better example should be found among the married members of your church.

As for finding the love of your life I can only suggest two things.

Talk to them, be part of that larger social group, if need be try different churches and other social groups.

Any one you are seriously interested in, check out there church involvement, no serious involvement no serious involvement from you.

Deep lasting rela5 have to be worked at, there is no love at first sight and no happy ever after without commitment and communication.

Back