Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Is it Wrong to Think About Hell All the Time?

If the Lord showed you hell its because he wants you to warn others, warn them that if they aren't saved that place will be their eternal destiny..its the reason Jesus came, without him we would all be suffering the pangs of hell..

tob

so a vision of hell is based on what part of the bible as some of those aren't the same. im not big on this stuff.one person says this or that. see the visions of jesus and also of heaven.

so a vision of hell is based on what part of the bible as some of those aren't the same. im not big on this stuff.one person says this or that. see the visions of jesus and also of heaven.
How are Biblical visions fundamentally different from having visions now?

How could you go to hell when no one is there now?
That's your belief, Kathi. I don't agree that Hell is currently empty. You're going to post quotes from the Bible to support your view, but I won't change my belief. I know what I saw.

That's your belief, Kathi. I don't agree that Hell is currently empty. You're going to post quotes from the Bible to support your view, but I won't change my belief. I know what I saw.
It is not my belief and I did not pull it out of the sky.It talks about the unbelievers and that they are in hades now in the Bible Luke 16:22-23.They are waiting in hades until the end of the 1000 year millennium where they will attend the Great White Throne judgment.There Satan and his fallen angels and all the unbelievers will be thrown into the everlasting fire of hell Revelation 20:11-15.I don't know what you saw but if you saw actual people in hell they are not there yet.

It is not my belief and I did not pull it out of the sky.It talks about the unbelievers and that they are in hades now in the Bible Luke 16:22-23.They are waiting in hades until the end of the 1000 year millennium where they will attend the Great White Throne judgment.There Satan and his fallen angels and all the unbelievers will be thrown into the everlasting fire of hell Revelation 20:11-15.I don't know what you saw but if you saw actual people in hell they are not there yet.
I see, this is just semantics. I use Hell as a general term that can refer to Hades/Sheol or the final lake of fire, which I call Gehenna. So I saw people in Hades/Sheol. There you go.

I see, this is just semantics. I use Hell as a general term that can refer to Hades/Sheol or the final lake of fire, which I call Gehenna. So I saw people in Hades/Sheol. There you go.
Gehenna is another word for hell.Sheol is the OT for Hades.Hades is the NT word for the waiting place for the unsaved.

That is possible.But is hades really as bad as hell?Something to ponder.

That is possible.But is hades really as bad as hell?Something to ponder.
Well, we continue to work off a semantic differential. To me you're asking "Is Hell as bad as Hell?"

I can only tell what I personally saw. I only saw the outermost level of Hell (sorry, HADES). A place I later found to be called Outer Darkness. I saw souls there. I spoke with them. I felt them. There was no physical suffering there (although I believe that physical torment does exist everywhere else in Hell). Only a profound sense of separation from the Creator. It was bad. Worse than any clinical depression (which I've had). The people I saw there had all been addicts of some kind- alcohol, drugs, gambling. They may have also been suicides, I'm not sure.

Will the Lake of Fire be worse? That I don't know. This was already pretty bad.

Well, we continue to work off a semantic differential. To me you're asking "Is Hell as bad as Hell?"

I can only tell what I personally saw. I only saw the outermost level of Hell (sorry, HADES). A place I later found to be called Outer Darkness. I saw souls there. I spoke with them. I felt them. There was no physical suffering there (although I believe that physical torment does exist everywhere else in Hell). Only a profound sense of separation from the Creator. It was bad. Worse than any clinical depression (which I've had). The people I saw there had all been addicts of some kind- alcohol, drugs, gambling. They may have also been suicides, I'm not sure.

Will the Lake of Fire be worse? That I don't know. This was already pretty bad.
No I am asking is hades as bad as hell....to me two different places.That describes what the Bible says hades is like but multiply that X 100.That is what hell is like.

No I am asking is hades as bad as hell....to me two different places.That describes what the Bible says hades is like but multiply that X 100.That is what hell is like.
I know, I know. Wow, if we agree with each other any more, we'll be at each other's throats. My dance card's filled for the night.

Kathi, you keep pushing a personal nomenclature for Hell that is not universally recognized. It's gumming up the works and distracting from the actual issues-at-hand. I think Bill Weise- another OOBer- uses the same terminology as me. "Hell" is a non-specific term for the current abode or the final lake-of-fire, and thus can refer to Hades, Sheol, or Gehenna. I don't punch into your threads and tell you you're doing it wrong (semantically).

Last edited:
Hi Kevin, If you have been to Hell and seen it for yourself, then you know more about it than me or anyone who has not been there.
I believe that the Bible is true, and all I can do is read what it has to say about hell and believe that. But if what you say disagrees with what the Bible says, then I have to make a decision about who to believe. I don't really know you, I don't know if you really went to hell, I don't know if you saw something that you think is hell. I believe that you are sincere, and you believe that what you are saying is true. I don't really know.

Back