Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Jesus Still on the Cross?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
We remember Christ's death and resurrection every Sunday morning during the communion service. We do not need a visual aid, thank you very much.
I was only pointing out that your argument ignores why people celebrate it: 1) it was God's plan, 2) Satan and sin were defeated by it, and 3) it is the only means by which we can be justified.

Your daughter does not wear a gown now, and you have an updated photograph of her not wearing a gown, perhaps many depicting the before and after, probably after graduation day? Wouldn't it be lovely if we remember Jesus in the same way after He rose victorious from the dead to live for evermore the Saviour of the world.

I'll remember my daughter however I like without your instructing me in what I should do and not do.

I'll remember Jesus however I like without your instructing me in what I should do and not do.

And it's not either/or but both/and.

We remember Jesus for what he did for us on the cross and for what he is doing for us now.

Paul wrote often of Christ crucified. It was important to him so why do you say I shouldn't remember that important event?

I was only pointing out that your argument ignores why people celebrate it: 1) it was God's plan, 2) Satan and sin were defeated by it, and 3) it is the only means by which we can be justified.
The cross (all crosses) are cruel, but inanimate objects devised by evil man. The cross Jesus was crucified on did not do anything. It was Jesus who did all on your list and more besides. Our eyes and hearts should be focussed on him.

Last edited:
How about as a witness?

The cross (all crosses) are cruel, but inanimate objects devised by evil man. The cross Jesus was crucified on did not do anything. It was Jesus who did all on your list and more besides. Our eyes and hearts should be focussed on him.
You're missing the point that the cross was the means that God himself chose to redeem creation. That "our eyes and hearts should be focused on him," does not preclude the use or wearing of crosses.

You're missing the point that the cross was the means that God himself chose to redeem creation. That "our eyes and hearts should be focused on him," does not preclude the use or wearing of crosses.
True. So, let us keep our eyes fixed on JESUS. Perhaps sitting on a throne and wearing a crown of gold. Our Lord and Saviour who conquered Hell and death. :)

Thank you Lord.

Last edited:
Back