Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Is Religion of God ONE?

suhaiil

-

Religion of God is ONE.

God sent Adam and Eve to earth. Humans were given the ability to choose right or wrong. Every virtue or sin committed by human is being recorded by angels.

God sent messengers and prophets for guidance of humanity. Message brought by messengers have always been the same:

1.There is no deity but one God
2.Obey messenger and God >>They (messenger and God) are One in purpose. No one come to God but through messenger. Salvation on Judgment Day by God is also through messenger.

However, followers of prophets changed the one true religion into different religions, e.g. Judaism or Christianity etc.

Belief in all prophets of God is mandatory. Jews believe in all prophets except Jesus and Mohammad. Christians believe in all prophets except Mohammad. However Muslims believe in all prophets including Moses and Jesus. But they do not believe in Trinity.

Based on above we should return to the one true religion repeatedly sent by God through messengers and prophets.

God bless

-

suhaiil said:
However, followers of prophets changed the one true religion into different religions, e.g. Judaism or Christianity etc.

Christianity started some 600 years BEFORE Islam ... it's the Muslims that changed the one true religion.

suhaiil said:
Belief in all prophets of God is mandatory.

Sure, but we do not believe that Muhammad is a prophet of God ... :nono

suhaiil said:
Based on above we should return to the one true religion repeatedly sent by God through messengers and prophets.

You're absolutely right about that ..... assuming you're a Muslim, you should leave your false religion and return to Christianity which is the one true religion !

:clap

-

This thread is for open-minded people only.

-------------------------------------------------------
Is Prophet Muhammad mentioned in Bible?

Yes. Jesus clearly informed his disciples about coming of another prophet like himself.

Prophet Muhammad was called among his people as Spirit of Truth (Sadiq) and Trust (Ameen). God gave him a title - Rahmat ul Alameen:“ Comforter on Heavensâ€.

John 16

7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

“for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear†>> Prophet Muhammad used to hear to Angel Gabriel (who brought Revelations from God) and he spoke to his disciples about content of God’s message. Koran is collection of all these messages brought by Gabriel from God. It is 100% from God - Quote ... Unquote

“and he will shew you things to come.†>> Prophet Muhammad told about 2nd coming of Jesus, Antichrist, Armageddon Gog-Magog and Doomsday.

-

The Spirit of truth mentioned by Jesus is the Holy Spirit, also referred to as the Spirit of God and Spirit of Christ. Muhammad is not mentioned in the Bible, unless one takes into account Jesus' warning against false prophets.

Suhaiil said:
Prophet Muhammad was called among his people as Spirit of Truth
This has no relevance to the Bible's use of the "Spirit of Truth" since the Bible was written long before Muhammad was born.

Suhaiil said:
Prophet Muhammad used to hear to Angel Gabriel (who brought Revelations from God) and he spoke to his disciples about content of God’s message. Koran is collection of all these messages brought by Gabriel from God. It is 100% from God - Quote ... Unquote
He may have heard things but they certainly were not revelations from God brought by the angel Gabriel.

Suhaiil said:
Prophet Muhammad told about 2nd coming of Jesus, Antichrist, Armageddon Gog-Magog and Doomsday.
And all these things are already mentioned in the Bible so it proves nothing.

suhaiil said:

That's one of the lamest rebuttals to an argument I have ever seen. "Open-minds" just make all the brains fall out. An "open-mind" is for those who do not know what they believe and are not truly faithful and convicted in their faith. I happen to know for a fact that my faith is right and Islam is wrong... So, I do not need to keep my mind open, for it knows all that it needs to know.

suhaiil said:

Yes. Jesus clearly informed his disciples about coming of another prophet like himself.

Prophet Muhammad was called among his people as Spirit of Truth (Sadiq) and Trust (Ameen). God gave him a title - Rahmat ul Alameen:“ Comforter on Heavensâ€.

7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

You are joking right? We already know who the Comforter is, and He is not your Mohammad guy. No, the Comforter is the HOLY SPIRIT of our glorious God Yahweh. When Christ Jesus ascended to take His seat next to His Father in Heaven He sent back the Holy Spirit so that we would not be alone.

If you did not nit-pick the Gospel, but in fact READ THE ENTIRE GOSPEL you would know this to be true.

suhaiil said:
“for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear†>> Prophet Muhammad used to hear to Angel Gabriel (who brought Revelations from God) and he spoke to his disciples about content of God’s message. Koran is collection of all these messages brought by Gabriel from God. It is 100% from God - Quote ... Unquote

I have a good answer to that. It is a piece of Scripture you have evidently not read, along with most of the rest I am going to assume.

-

I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel;
which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.
But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!
As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

Jesus WAS the way to Heaven. God NEVER changes His mind or deviates from His glorious plan! Islam is just a leech of a religion that is hanging on the coat-tails of God's glorious gift to man (aka Christianity). Mohammad is a no body and it is ONLY THROUGH JESUS CHRIST that anyone will ever see the Kingdom of Heaven! :amen

:readbible

Sorry, but I have a serious problem with religions (like Islam, JW, and Mormons) leeching off of the truth in an attempt to gather followers.

Also, be careful, this topic seems to be leaning to the side of breaking the ToS. No religion but Christianity is allowed to be preached on this site. It is a Christian community first. Just a heads up.

I''ll consider your prayerfully. :pray

suhaiil said:

Actually this Christian forum is for anyone as long as they are not here to promote other religions.

suhaiil said:

Not at all... I have never seen Muhammad mentioned anywhere in the Bible ! :nono

suhaiil said:

Muhammad was nothing like Jesus. Jesus was never demon possessed but was able to defeat and overcome every demon and they trembled at His presence. Muhammad on the other hand, struggled with demon possession most of his life and even contemplated suicide ...

suhaiil said:

That's only according your Islamic belief.

suhaiil said:
John 16

“for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear†>>

These Bible Scriptures have nothing to do with your Muhammad.

suhaiil said:
Prophet Muhammad used to hear to Angel Gabriel (who brought Revelations from God) and he spoke to his disciples about content of God’s message. Koran is collection of all these messages brought by Gabriel from God. It is 100% from God - Quote ...

Is that why Muhammad contemplated suicide after his strange encounter with this "Angel Gabriel" ?

suhaiil said:
“and he will shew you things to come.†>> Prophet Muhammad told about 2nd coming of Jesus, Antichrist, Armageddon Gog-Magog and Doomsday.

You are attempting a bizarre mix-n-match of Bible & Quran and Jesus & Muhammad .... Sorry we do not buy into that !

:shrug

-

****************************************************************************************************************
PEOPLE WITH INFLEXIBLE MINDS SHOULD REFRAIN FROM POSTING IN THIS THREAD.THANKS.
****************************************************************************************************************

-

suhaiil said:
-

-

People with crazy religions, red text and * should read the ToS before they try to post they whacky religion. And they should also be prepared for people to tell them they are wrong when they so clearly are!

suhaiil said:
-

-

Believe me .. I tried to keep an open mind and that's why I did some extensive research on Islam, Allah and Muhammad .... and went away CONVINCED that Muhammad is a FALSE prophet !

The God of the Bible commanded Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac ... Allah on the other hand, commanded Abraham to sacrifce his son Ishmael. God does not contradict Himself .... We have strong reasons to believe that Allah is NOT the same God of the Bible and of Abraham, and that the Quran is NOT the Word of God at all ! ... The Bible is a neatly packed book in chronological order and we know who the authors are .... As for the Quran, it's a confusing book that mostly jumps from one unrelated topic to another , ... and there are absolutely no clues whatsoever as to who wrote it ! ... The so-called messages from Allah to Muhammad are based on a ONE man's account - his own account, with NOT a single eye witness, unlike the Bible and the life and testimonies of Jesus Christ that are based on hundreds and thousands of first-hand eye witness accounts .....

:readbible

-
I am not promoting any particular religion. Instead, I am providing a wider picture of God's common religion.

2.Obey messenger and God >>They (messenger and God) are One in purpose. No one come to God but through messenger. Salvation on Judgment Day by God is also through messenger.

Please comment how far do you agree on above?
-

suhaiil said:
-

-

Assuming you are not talking about Islam, Allah or Muhammad here .... yes, we couldn't agree more .... You have just described the perfect gospel of Christ !

:amen

Obey the messenger? No... I'll obey the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

If you drop that messenger bologna, which is really just a means of fitting your religion with Christianity, than I am in agreement with your latest post.

suhaiil said:
-
I am not promoting any particular religion. Instead, I am providing a wider picture of God's common religion.

-
The only thing you can get some Christians to agree with you on, is that there is no Trinity. Not all Christians believe in the Catholic Trinity. But even so, our scriptures still inform us that the Messiah [Christ] appears in the last days with great power and authority; like God the Father. Yahshua was called Peniel [ appears like God ] and was the Angel [Messenger] of The Lord [Yahwah.]
Holman Bible Dictionary: PENIEL
(pih ni' ehl) Alternate form of Penuel at Genesis 32:30. Holman Bible Dictionary: PENUEL
(pih nyoo' ehl) Name meaning, “face of God.†1. Descendant of Judah and founder (father) of Gedor (1 Chronicles 4:4). 2. A Benjaminite (1 Chronicles 8:25). 3. Site on River Jabbok northeast of Succoth where Jacob wrestled with the stranger (Genesis 32:24-32; compare Hosea 12:4). The city was destroyed by Gideon because its inhabitants refused him provisions while he pursued the Midianites (Judges 8:8-9,Judges 8:17). Jeroboam I built (perhaps rebuilt or fortified) the city (1 Kings 12:25). The site is identified with the easternmost of two mounds called Tulul edh-Dhahab, which commands the entrance to the Jordan Valley from the Jabbok gorge, about seven miles east of the Jordan. Holman Bible Dictionary: PHANUEL
(fuh nyoo' ehl) Alternate form of the personal name Penuel meaning, “face of God.†Father of the prophetess Anna (Luke 2:36).
Book of Enoch: Phanuel.

suhaiil said:
-

-
I agree with point 1 and part of point 2, although point 2 implies that the messenger would be saying something different than God. If the messenger is from God and is speaking what God told him to speak, then to obey the messenger is to obey God.

Not only that, salvation is through Christ and his death and resurrection alone and not through any other messenger.

The problem is that you were posting that Muhammad was a messenger and prophet of God, which is false and promoting Islam.

Quote:"2.Obey messenger and God >>They (messenger and God) are One in purpose. No one come to God but through messenger. Salvation on Judgment Day by God is also through messenger."
I overlooked #2. This is what Yahwah said through His prophet.

Jeremiah 31:31
"The time is coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.

Luke 22:20
In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me."

2 Corinthians 2:12
[ Ministers of the New Covenant ] Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,

2 Corinthians 3:6
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:7
[ The Glory of the New Covenant ] Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, fading though it was,

Hebrews 8:1
[ The High Priest of a New Covenant ] The point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven,

Hebrews 8:8
But God found fault with the people and said : "The time is coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.

Hebrews 9:15
For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

1Hebrews 12:24
to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

suhaiil said:
-

-

What exactly are ‘people with inflexible minds’?

Does this refer to people who can not be convinced to move over to Islam?

This is a Christian site. Any further attempt to promote a belief apart from Christianity in this thread, especially Islam will result in this thread being locked. Any further promotion of other religions or undermining of the Christian faith throughout the site will result in warnings.

-
l'Chante

What exactly are ‘people with inflexible minds’?

Does this refer to people who can not be convinced to move over to Islam?
Not really. What I mean is that we should revert to the same fundamental religion taught by all prophets and messengers. God always sent different messengers but never sent different religions. His religion is One.

We must move to the religion taught by Abraham. But the question arises: What was the religion of Abraham? Please comment on it.

-

Suhaiil, to ask; ‘Is Religion of God One’ is kinda like asking; are all blacks Nigerian? Of course not. :)

If you want to study the religion of Abraham, the best place to start would be the Torah. Have you taken the time to do so? (Admittedly, I haven’t)

-

Prophet Muhammad was called among his people as Spirit of Truth (Sadiq) and Trust (Ameen). God gave him a title - Rahmat ul Alameen:“ Comforter on Heavens”.

John 16

“for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear” >> Prophet Muhammad used to hear to Angel Gabriel (who brought Revelations from God) and he spoke to his disciples about content of God’s message. Koran is collection of all these messages brought by Gabriel from God. It is 100% from God - Quote ... Unquote

“and he will shew you things to come.” >> Prophet Muhammad told about 2nd coming of Jesus, Antichrist, Armageddon Gog-Magog and Doomsday.

-

I can't help but be filled with Righteous indignation when seeing Muslims use the Bible to validate Mohammad as a prophet. This is the epitome of foolishness! Muslims have made it very clear that the Bible is "corrupted and full of lies" that the "original Bible has been lost."

But now you decide to use Scripture to validate Islam? I don't think so. Furthermore, you do a discredit to your god, by turning around and quoting Scripture for your personal gain.

If the Bible is absolute truth, but your god tells you it is not absolute truth but half truth and half lies, it has now become a COMPLETE lie. When it comes to the Word of God it must be Absolute Truth. One tiny speck of deception pollutes the entire word and you have to throw it all away and begin with unblemished truth again.

If your god says that truth is subjective it is no longer absolute truth. Thus, you make the truth impure and it is now defiled. Ivory is not white, afterall, it may look like it is white, it may deceive many, but in the end it's name is Ivory not White.

Get it?

You have polluted the "pure" word of your god, and have discredited your Islamic testimony.

Therefore you now agree that the Quran is half truth and half lie and is not absolute truth.

The Absolute Truth of Christ TRIUMPHS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back