Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is rock music demonic?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The reason I ask this because when I watched a video that says that "Christian" rock is not possible because of the culture, origins, etc., and that made me think if it is okay to listen to it because the one I listen to isn't full on blaspheming against God, like Crush 40's music, Striving High and Low, etc. So, is rock music inheritly sinful or okay as long the lyrics is not blasphemous?

The measure of whether rock music is demonic inspired won’t be known by personal testimonies of how people enjoy it. People enjoy drugs that killed them. Musicians who sold their soul to the devil for rock and roll played really well. People have reported to have enjoyed many things that were bad for them or others. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t demon empowered. Enjoying something is not the standard.

I thought I showed you this before and normally I would reply to you in PM but so everyone can see it take a look at the screen shot below. This is the top page of the Q&A forum. At the bottom of the screen shot, notice there is a sticky thread called Forum Rules and Guidelines. Some forums have stickies with specific instructions related to the forum in addition to the TOS. Look for those stickies in the forums.

1678994763449.png

Can you please quote the rule that says we have to stick to the OP? I once looked and couldn’t find it.
https://christianforums.net/threads/forum-rules-and-guidelines.87393/

"The Questions and Answers forum is a place to find answers about the Christian faith.

This is a no-debate forum and special rules apply:

1. Any member can start a thread but the thread must take the form of a question.
2. Only Christians are allowed to post replies to the thread.
3. Replies of dissention or disagreement must be addressed to the Original Poster (that is the person who started the thread).
4. Members who are not the Original Poster must not address other members in the thread.
5. If there is a difference of opinion or belief among the members in a thread, each member has the responsibility to present their views to the Original Poster so that the Original Poster may consider the differences and ask for clarification as needed.

The intention is to provide a relaxed atmosphere for asking questions without being concerned about defending one's position or viewpoint. Obviously, not everyone will agree with the answers but this is not the forum for debating those differences."

Number 4 seems to be the problem we all have .

It's right here. This is from He Came To Set The Captives Free, by Rebecca Brown.

As mentioned earlier in the book, Elaine has personally met a lot of the rock stars. They have all agreed to serve Satan in return for money and fame. They have received all they wanted, but also much they didn't expect. Their very souls and lives are destroyed. These rock stars know exactly what they are doing. They are, step by step, teaching untold millions of young people to worship and serve Satan.

Elaine attended special ceremonies at various recording studios throughout the US for the specific purpose of placing Satanic blessings of the music recorded. She and others did incantations which would place demons on every record and tape of rock music sold. At times they also called up demons who spoke on the recordings... Also, in many, many of the recordings, the Satanists themselves were recorded in the background (masked by the overall noice of the music) doing chants and incantations to summon up more demons every time one of the records or tapes or videos is played. As the music is played, these demons are called into the room to afflict the person playing the music and anyone else who is listening. (P.146)
Wasn't that book discredited after the author of the book admitted that the whole story was fictitious? I know one thing, Chick Publications pulled the book from their website. It's no longer in print, or for sale.

The issue at hand isn't just rock music. Rap/hip-hop music is just as bad with Lil' Nas-X, Jay=Z and Beyonce. Did you watch the Grammy's this year? Very Satanic and not one metal band performed the entire night. The issue isn't the genre of music, it's the content. Any musicians that promote sin, filth, lust, wickedness, rebellion, anarchy, hate, racism and hedonism are serving Satan. It doesn't matter if they invoke his name or not.
Growing up on country music in the 1980s, I heard more country artists singing about adultery, infidelity and drunkenness... and those same musicians would put out gospel albums on the flip-side!

Wasn't that book discredited after the author of the book admitted that the whole story was fictitious? I know one thing, Chick Publications pulled the book from their website. It's no longer in print, or for sale.

If you buy 36 copies or more, you save a $1 a copy. Careful what you read.

specifics on how they put demons and spells into music

Yeah (4:42 - end).

I recall being at a Christmas party last year and they had music playing, and the son selected Hotel California because he wanted to tell his younger friends there that was the song he first learned to play lead to. I leaned over to my wife and whispered, "Great. We're getting treated to a Satanist song at a Christmas party," Lol.

Elton John has come out more in his later years I've noticed. A recent video he did for Tiny Dancer has Marilyn Manson appearing in it (2:50-2:55), sort of to tell the public whose side he's always been on.

yea i watched it some months ago myself and i was linked to it by someone ive talked demonology with a lot the past few days.
curious symbology, the snake and manson himself.
however, those songs i believe oftenly causes a positive "water crystal formation", while metal music causes a negative one?
maybe it is really just all about vibrations in the song itself- and not spirits attached to it. i believe elton johns songs were used to provoke positive crystals in frozen water, maybe my memory is off. theres a christian song thats called "grace" and something more that sure does cause positive crystals

As a scientist I think in tendencies. It’s clear in the 60s and so on the tendency to do drugs when rock stars did rose. It’s clear some music has inspired reckless, illegal and danger behavior.

Obviously not everyone but is anyone so affected? Good Fight ministries has a presentation on how “shoot ‘em up the school yard” songs preceded school shootings. One so affected is too many.
Is it the rock music, or the lyrics that leave certain impressions on us.

2Sa 6:14 And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.
2Sa 6:15 So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the LORD with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet.

Psa 150:1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
Psa 150:2 Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
Psa 150:3 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
Psa 150:4 Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
Psa 150:5 Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
Psa 150:6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

I love singing and dancing in the Spirit before God whether it's songs by Kirk Franklin, Leon Patillo, Carman, Chris Tomlin, Michael W. Smith, Mercy Me (I Can Only Imagine) love love that song, and so many others as I get my praise on. It's not only the music, but the lyrics that come straight from scripture.

My former Pastor's son helped start a Christian hard rock band in the early 2000's, and even though I could not understand very much of the lyrics as they were pretty much screamed out vocally, the kids did and they won many young adults and teens to the Lord. Not every genre is for everyone, but everyone has a genre they like listening to that brings them into the presence of the Lord. It's not that God is in the room, but that His Holy Spirit is present and moving throughout God's children.

I know from personal experience that music can be a gateway for the demonic activity to oppress. I won't speak for everybody, but the Holy Spirit in me will do heavy promptings if I feel whatever the lyrics are saying. I can't listen to anything that mocks or belittles our Lord.

This coming from someone who use to listen to black metal and various filthy rap. It allowed my spirit to be dulled and put a huge separation between me and God.

So I got real serious one day and told God, I choose you. I cut out most secular music from my life. Again, that's just me.

If I hear anything old I use to listen to, it's so easy to slip into a backslider life.

This coming from someone who use to listen to black metal and various filthy rap. It allowed my spirit to be dulled and put a huge separation between me and God.

So I got real serious one day and told God, I choose you. I cut out most secular music from my life. Again, that's just me.

If I hear anything old I use to listen to, it's so easy to slip into a backslider life.

It's an interesting question.

See, I made some references earlier in this thread to the fact that there were Christian musicians that could have made a difference and were driven out of the industry through witchcraft, by Satanists who considered their presence an "intrusion" (see Post #97, last song).

But the reason is that such people would NOT have been placing spells all over their recordings, and this implies that the genre itself is not harmful intrinsically, but that it has to do more with the spiritual make up of the ones producing it.

I'm more aggressive in nature and also artistic, and don't have much interest in a lot of Christian contemporary, so when I am listening to music I tend to gravitate towards stuff like those who had Christian influence over their lives but were not... how shall we say, patty-cake over it.

It's complicated, but I don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Music makes you feel alive.

It's an interesting question.

See, I made some references earlier in this thread to the fact that there were Christian musicians that could have made a difference and were driven out of the industry through witchcraft, by Satanists who considered their presence an "intrusion" (see Post #97, last song).

But the reason is that such people would NOT have been placing spells all over their recordings, and this implies that the genre itself is not harmful intrinsically, but that it has to do more with the spiritual make up of the ones producing it.

I'm more aggressive in nature and also artistic, and don't have much interest in a lot of Christian contemporary, so when I am listening to music I tend to gravitate towards stuff like those who had Christian influence over their lives but were not... how shall we say, patty-cake over it.

It's complicated, but I don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Music makes you feel alive.
I think that's more for a person's personal journey. I know from my experience it has been a weird thing for me. As you'll read when I write the rest of my testimony because music has gotten me into things I shouldn't have.

There's no doubt some artists dabble in the occult and satanic practices and usually those aren't afraid to say it either. What's more concerning is those artists who are more subtle and don't tell you rendering the demonic activity to go unchecked unless the Holy Spirit tells you. I'm sure you've had those experiences before.

I use to listen to Black Sabbath, Tool, HIM, A Perfect Circle, Metallica, Lamb Of God...serious stuff. I'm not proud of some because it can get unholy real fast and mentally and spiritually I put myself at risk. I'm not going to tell people who they should listen to or not, only just to say be careful. Like the Lord said, careful little eyes, eats what you see and hear.

Music makes me feel a live too. I haven't cut out all secular music, just most of the things that make me want to go back into the worldly scene.

I think that's more for a person's personal journey. I know from my experience it has been a weird thing for me. As you'll read when I write the rest of my testimony because music has gotten me into things I shouldn't have.

There's no doubt some artists dabble in the occult and satanic practices and usually those aren't afraid to say it either. What's more concerning is those artists who are more subtle and don't tell you rendering the demonic activity to go unchecked unless the Holy Spirit tells you. I'm sure you've had those experiences before.

I use to listen to Black Sabbath, Tool, HIM, A Perfect Circle, Metallica, Lamb Of God...serious stuff. I'm not proud of some because it can get unholy real fast and mentally and spiritually I put myself at risk. I'm not going to tell people who they should listen to or not, only just to say be careful. Like the Lord said, careful little eyes, eats what you see and hear.

Music makes me feel a live too. I haven't cut out all secular music, just most of the things that make me want to go back into the worldly scene.
*Ears not eats lol.

I understand, and here is a little more of the problem for me. Much of the spirit behind Christian contemporary (not all of it, but much of it mind you) sort of lays down and dies on you, which is very problematic for the Spirit of the Lord Jesus Christ within me. I mean the kingdom of darkness harm, and cannot relate to the stuff. Stryper came a lot closer (Post #98), but they ran their course when they were young, IMO.

So I will sometimes prefer listening to something dark that at least contains the spirit of a victor. The Spirit within me does not lay down. It (He) has objectives that will be met, and I walk in an extreme confidence that through me He will accomplish everything I am believing He will.

Dio's Stand Up And Shout is a good example. I just convert the words over to Christian meanings, in keeping with my mindset that I am utterly unstoppable if I remain in Him. But I certainly wouldn't advise it for everyone. Listening to Satanist stuff is not the best option if it can be avoided.

Still a huge Kings X fan to this day, as the lyrics always contain something with Christian relevance.

Last edited:
Back