Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Is Satan such a bad guy?

Bick said:
No, my friend, it is you who are being misled by your wrong interpretations.
OK....what is wrong with this Bible verse .....

20:20 "And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I [am] the LORD your God".

I offer no interpretation....as the Bible verse interprets itself !

We could go on saying this on each post, but to what end?
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee.....seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God...."
My job....is to present the Law of God as Scripture says......
Romans 3:31 "Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law".
Set forth the scriptures that are the bases for your interpretation. The answers must come from them alone. Not quotations from some commentary.
Your wish, is my command !

The GREAT GOSPEL COMMISION........

Matthew 28:18 "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you..."

Jay T said:
Bick said:
No, my friend, it is you who are being misled by your wrong interpretations.
OK....what is wrong with this Bible verse .....

20:20 "And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I [am] the LORD your God".

I offer no interpretation....as the Bible verse interprets itself !

Since you offer no interpretation, and the Bible verse interprets itself, let us see where you have misunderstood the Holy Spirit of God who wishes to teach you something.

You continually quote Ezekiel 20:20 out of context to fit your false doctrine. Let us look at what the context of this Scripture is.

I would prefer to post the entire 20th Chapter of Ezekiel, but due to length constraints I will post the important portions that will place verse 20 in its proper context.

20 And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the LORD your God.

First, who is the LORD God speaking to in this verse of scripture that hallowing His sabbaths will be a sign between Him and someone. In verse 1 Ezekiel gives the date of the time when certain elders of Israel came to enquire of the LORD, and the word of the LORD came unto Ezekiel with information to pass onto them, the elders of Israel. The LORD God goes on to give the elders of Israel a history lesson of the abominations of their fathers. He explains in verse 6 that he brought them forth out of Egypt into the land flowing with milk and honey; the glory of all lands.
The LORD God goes on in verses 7-10 that he commanded the Israelites whom He delivered out of Egypt to cast away the abominations of their eyes, and not to defile themselves with the idols of Egypt. They rebelled against the LORD and did not obey Him. The LORD God brought them into the wilderness, where He gave them His statutes, showed them His judgments, and He also gave them His sabbaths, to be a sign between Him and the Israelites in the Wilderness (verse 11-12). The house of Israel rebelled against the LORD God in the wilderness, and did not walk in His statutes, they despised His judgments, and they polluted His sabbaths. Instead of pouring His fury out upon the house of Israel in the wilderness and consuming them, the LORD God allowed them to continue in the wilderness but would not bring them into the land flowing with milk and honey (verses 13-17).

Unto the children of the house of Israel in the wilderness, the LORD God said for them to walk in His statutes, keep His judgments and do them, and hallow His sabbaths for they would be a sign between Him and the children of the house of Israel (verses 18-20). The children of the house of Israel also rebelled against the LORD God, and they did not keep His statutes, live in accordance with His judgments, and did not hallow His sabbaths. (verses 21-26)

The LORD God was speaking to Ezekiel telling him to tell the elders of Israel those things which he had spoken to their fathers who rebelled against Him. The LORD God told the fathers of the elders of Israel to keep His statutes, live the judgments of God, and to hallow the sabbaths. The LORD God is not telling those of the NEW COVENANT to hallow the sabbaths, he is telling those of the OLD COVENANT to hallow the sabbaths. The Seventh-day Adventists should hallow every day unto God, not just the sabbath days that He gave the house of Israel to keep.

Jay T said:
We could go on saying this on each post, but to what end?

Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee.....seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God...."
My job....is to present the Law of God as Scripture says......
Romans 3:31 "Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law".
Once again, the LORD God is speaking to the children of Israel in Hosea 4:6.
  • 1 Hear the word of the LORD, ye children of Israel: for the LORD hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land. 2 By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood. 3 Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away. 4 Yet let no man strive, nor reprove another: for thy people are as they that strive with the priest. 5 Therefore shalt thou fall in the day, and the prophet also shall fall with thee in the night, and I will destroy thy mother. 6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. Hosea 4:1-6
And let us see what Paul's position is as a former pharasee and Hebrew of the tribe of Benjamin. Taking the Romans 3:31 Scripture in context reveals that Paul is speaking to the matter that all the world is guilty of not being justified against the law of God. No flesh will be justified in God's sight by the works of the law (verses 19-20). Instead the righteousness of God without the law is manifested; the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all that believe. Paul states that there is no difference for everyone has sinned and fallen short of the glory of God; therefore believers are justified FREELY by HIS GRACE through the REDEMPTION that is in CHRIST JESUS (verses 23-26).

Where is the boasting that one is right by obeying the law, or by performing various works? Boasting is excluded. By what law are believers justified? The law of works? NO, the law of FAITH (verse 27).

What is the conclusion then?
"THAT A MAN IS JUSTIFIED BY FAITH WITHOUT THE DEEDS OF THE LAW."(verse 28)

Is the LORD God the God of the Jews who follow the law only? No. The LORD God is also the God of the Gentile believers who are under grace. Is the law void through faith? NO The law is established by the spiritual obedience of the law as Jesus taught in the sermon on the mount. Adultery includes looking at a woman with lust in ones heart. Being angry with one's brother without cause is the same as breaking the commandment that thou shalt not murder. The sabbath day is now holy every day of the week as God Almighty dwell within each believer.

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. 29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. 31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. Romans 3:19-31

Jay T said:
Set forth the scriptures that are the bases for your interpretation. The answers must come from them alone. Not quotations from some commentary.
Your wish, is my command !

The GREAT GOSPEL COMMISION........

Matthew 28:18 "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you..."

Jesus commanded the keeping of two commandments, the greatest is to love the LORD God with all of your heart, mind, soul, and with all of your strength. (The SDA bunch thinks that the greatest commandment is keeping the sabbath day holy with their interpretation of what holy is).
The second commandment is to love your neighbor as you love yourself. Upon these two commandments, all of the others hinge. Don't just keep one day out of the week holy; keep all seven of them holy as the Holy Spirit dwells within each believer.

Solo said:
Jesus commanded the keeping of two commandments, the greatest is to love the LORD God with all of your heart, mind, soul, and with all of your strength. (The SDA bunch thinks that the greatest commandment is keeping the sabbath day holy with their interpretation of what holy is).
And, why not ?
God HIMSELF placed the 4th commandment apart, by making it a 'sign' of a believers relationship with HIMSELF.......

AND ONLY....those who love HIM, will keep the 4th commandment, out of LOVE for HIM.(John 14:15 & John 15:10).

The second commandment is to love your neighbor as you love yourself. Upon these two commandments, all of the others hinge. Don't just keep one day out of the week holy; keep all seven of them holy as the Holy Spirit dwells within each believer.
BUT, that is NOT what God said to do !

20:8 "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
20:10 But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates:
20:11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it".

God identified HIS people as those........
14:12 " Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus".

Notice that there is 2 identifying marks, not just one ?

#1.) Faith of Jesus.....which enables a person to.....

#2.) Keep the commandments of God, (Which Jesus did HIMSELF, and told us, to do the same).

Jay T said:
BUT, that is NOT what God said to do !

20:8 "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
20:10 But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates:
20:11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it".

God identified HIS people as those........
14:12 " Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus".

Notice that there is 2 identifying marks, not just one ?

#1.) Faith of Jesus.....which enables a person to.....

#2.) Keep the commandments of God, (Which Jesus did HIMSELF, and told us, to do the same).
You have shown your lack of following Jesus Christ by denying His word. Thank you, Jesus, for manifesting the false teachings of Jay T, and the Seventh-day Adventists. Bring them out of this bondage, and deliver them by your truth. The truth will set them free.

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. Matthew 22:36-40

Solo said:
You have shown your lack of following Jesus Christ by denying His word. Thank you, Jesus, for manifesting the false teachings of Jay T, and the Seventh-day Adventists.
Who are identified in (Revelation 14:13 & 12:17).
Bring them out of this bondage, and deliver them by your truth. The truth will set them free.
Since God identified the 10 commandments, as the Law of Liberty.......
I write the following for the benfit of other people......

Jesus Christ said: 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Jesus Chriist said: 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Jesus Christ said: 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Jesus Christ said: 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Back