Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

is the bible true ??

i grew up with King James so his manner of speaking seemed natural it felt natural then as i grew older and wanted to know what something meant i asked the Lord and the answer would be forthcoming whether it was sooner or later it was and is all up to him and after all these years i can't say that I've ever been disappointed as my foundation is built on the rock..

tob
Yeah, I was given a nice KJV Thompson Chain Reference Bible as a gift from my youth group when I was about 19 (if I remember right). After all these years I still have it and still use it when researching for Bible studies, talks, etc. Years ago I had to change my habit of underlining in it and writing notes in the margins so I wouldn't mess it us so badly. But easier to read than a children's book? I just don't see where that idea came from!

Funny you should mention the children. you are exactly right brother. Children tune into God and the Spiritual realm much more easier than adults because they haven't been trained (indoctrinated) to reject it yet. Same thing with hyper-dimensionality, two types of people can understand it. Educated people, (physicists and so forth), and small children.

Perhaps this is why we are to become as little children when seeking the kingdom of God.

That was my thought as well, why we are to become as little children, maybe children still are tender-hearted and their hearts don't need softening up the way some of the adults, myself included, can require.

Mike

One of the biggest problems that I have as I study is that I make things much more complicated than they are. But please don't think that I mean to say that being a student of the Word of God is a bad thing. Being studious is something that I value and respect. But still what often happens when I see something or when something is revealed to me is that the real value of it is stolen from me in very subtle ways.

So there I am reading my bible and it doesn't matter what version and what I read, for instance, might be something that says that I am supposed to "study to show myself approved," and I'm marveling at that because I really like to study. So... yes. I do own a Thompson Chain reference bible and I also have one of those side-by-side bibles that have four versions all on the same page and I also own and treasure that JW bible -- but not because of the english -- I don't read that, it's because of the Westcott and Hort text and the original Greek and the transliterations and I also have a Strong's Exhaustive and just to be sure I have a Young's Analytical concordance too....

And... guess what? That's not all. On my bookshelf there are so many other well known works that it would be folly for me to list them here and that's just the tip of the iceberg because in my bookmarks of my favorite browser there are all manner of Reference bookmarks and I have downloaded entire encyclopedias to augment my collection because why? Well, because I like to acquire knowledge. That's what God said, right? I mean, we are commanded to study, right?

But then what happens?

The truth, the pure milk of the word, the intent and the will of our Father is thwarted. Because what He wanted was the result and not the process.

Let me say that again. Our Father wants the good result of our study of His word to become effective in us. That's what He wants. He wants the result. The process does not matter. That's why the bible also says, "Know a tree by its fruit." The 'fruit' is the result. It is what comes from the process. Because if I am a know-it-all and if I have attained so much knowledge that they are even thinking about making a new category of Nobel Peace Prize, just for me??? But if I don't obtain the result? If I don't love others like I love myself? If I don't understand that God is not only MY FATHER in heaven, but YOURS too?

Well, then knowledge itself has not helped me, now has it?

Is the Bible true? It is indeed. Do all men agree about what it says? Now there's the rub. Our God is a God of Peace.

the process matters very very very much to Yhwh. Yeshua HaMashiach is our Wisdom, our Knowledge, our Salvation, our Healing and so on. Yeshua said Abba Himself will teach us who love Him and seek Him with our whole heart and mind and soul, who love Him more than we love anyone or anything else, even more than our own life.

So often we think in terms of the ends justifying the means. That is NOT what I said nor is it what I was trying to talk about.

Read what I wrote again, before you correct me again, please. Don't jump to conclusions and do not put words in my mouth. Read to understand what I meant, please? That's not too much to ask. I specifically spoke of studying. I was not addressing any other process. You are absolutely correct when you state that we must rely on Him for all things, and that He is our only reliable teacher. So I don't want to argue with you about this but I don't think that what I said needs to be corrected either. Did you really misunderstand me that much? If so, perhaps next time there is a misunderstanding you might want to ask for clarification instead. Just a suggestion.

~:grumpy

Last edited:
Just a friendly reminder that this is not a debate forum. If you wish to debate a topic in this forum, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thanks.

Good question. I see many who claim it has gone crooked and others who trust it. So i must ask myself.

1. If it has been crooked as some say, is there any real evidence of this, and can it be proved rather than just another CT. Not that i know of.
2. If there really is a creator, would he let his word and message get crooked. Most probably not as it would be pointless.

Kiwidan, Sure the Bible has a few typos, and some translation problems, it's a book written and copied by humans, why does that worry you ? But the messages of GOD in the Bible are pure and inspired and trustworthy. And remember the Holy Spirit speaks to us via the conscience of our mind, so with a teacher beside us, what does it matter if the words are sometimes a tiny weeny out?
I study my Bible in Hebrew these days, and to be honest apart from translation inconsistences, the message of KJV for example is true and pure....if your a beginner any version is fine....as long as your get power flowing from Jesus into your soul, that's all that matters....

Hope this helps
Shalom

Good question. I see many who claim it has gone crooked and others who trust it. So i must ask myself.

1. If it has been crooked as some say, is there any real evidence of this, and can it be proved rather than just another CT. Not that i know of.
2. If there really is a creator, would he let his word and message get crooked. Most probably not as it would be pointless.

1. I think when we look at how several words/ideas have been changed even from the Hebrew/Greek copies we have it gives an idea of translator bias. This is probably why most "statements of faith" claim that the scriptures are inerrant in their original form only.

2. The Creator knows His Children will know Him so there's no real problem when man/men manipulate His Word/s. Why be so concerned about the Bible being manipulated when we know Satan manipulates everything else ?

Kiwidan, not sure if you're addressing me, But I apologize to you, I should read your posts better...I agree with you the Scriptures are historically accurate.

The post who quoted me above the above.

Typos do not worry me. Im not sure why you asked if it worries me. I really couldn't care less.

I think the scriptures are historically reliable. I think many different religions there manuscripts are historically reliable, just like a caveman painting on a wall, but it still does not prove anything true or false, and whats myths and legends, but the text i trust has been well preserved. I do not doubt manuscript and give room for human error in translations from one language to another. Its standard. Man does fails.
i haven't found any other religion's manuscripts trustworthy, let alone / or / historically reliable - even christendom is fraught with deception and twisting of manuscripts to bring the whole world into submission instead of freedom ! test test test, pray pray pay.
it's almost as if , if a document is historically reliable, it's an accident (for them).

So what is reliable?. What do think has credibility?, please share your reason what and why.

Test as you say. So i ask may you please show what support you have for your claims of historic manuscripts being true/false, deception and twisted, as you have said, and why. There are many different ancient religious text. So, what do you know about them all?

the deception of mankind and its resources is very well document, so to speak. but it's not politically correct -
simply, you'll probably have to find out for yourself from Yhwh, from other sources, maybe internet searches for those who boldly proclaimed the truth, as even for the little i've posted today i am restricted by time and knowledge and rules and other factors(maybe Yhwh's timing - there is a time for everything.... and He knows it) . Yhwh's people, abiding in Yeshua, are suffering today, all over the world, and are being more and more subject to punishment by the politcial and religous government(s) in their area/country . it's not new , but been going on ever since Yeshua walked on earth and taught His disciples.

Yhwh and Yeshua are trustworthy. Man is not.

as regards all of 'man's' efforts in the flesh/ (carnal)(worldly) >>
quote from k9 web search>>
"Jeremiah 17:5-8 Cursed Be The Man That Trusteth In Man ...
Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, ... Trust in the Lord and have the blessing. Trust in man and have the curse."

Trust in the Lord. There is great reward in seeking Him and trusting Him.

Back