Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Is the Biblical Concept of God Strictly Monotheistic or Does It Allow for a Triune Nature?

G
If God truly desired to redeem humanity, restore a broken relationship with us, and demonstrate His love by dying for our sins, it would make sense that He would come Himself rather than sending a second, distinct person. The Bible asserts that the one, true God is omnipotent and omnipresent, fully capable of manifesting Himself in human form without needing to delegate this vital act of love and redemption to another person within the Godhead.

1 Timothy 3:16 states, "God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory." This scripture reveals that the same God who existed from eternity chose to be revealed in flesh through Jesus Christ. The act of incarnation—where God the Father took on human nature—shows that He did not send a separate being or a subordinate person to represent Him. Instead, He came directly in the form of Jesus Christ, fully experiencing life as a human and paying the ultimate price for our sins on the cross.

To suggest that God would send a second, distinct person implies a kind of detachment, where God would remain distant while someone else bore the burden of redemption. This would undermine the depth of God's personal investment in our salvation. The Oneness understanding asserts that because God is perfectly unified, loving, and relational, He Himself manifested as Jesus to personally handle our redemption. Isaiah 43:11 reinforces this by saying, "I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior." It shows that God the Father alone is the Savior, and He didn’t send another person to take on this role.

By coming Himself, God fully identified with the human condition, experiencing suffering, temptation, and death in His humanity, while still remaining divine. This personal, sacrificial act demonstrates the ultimate expression of God's love, as seen in John 3:16: "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son." The Son is the flesh God the Father took on for the purpose of our redemption, but the Father and Son are not separate persons. The Father (the invisible Omnipresent Spirit, who chose to reveal in Flesh) manifested Himself in Christ (the visible flesh) to accomplish salvation.

In essence, if God were to send a separate, distinct person to die for humanity, it would suggest that He held back from directly engaging in the very act of reconciliation. But by coming Himself in the form of Jesus, God showed His personal involvement and infinite love for His creation. This view preserves the unity of God and magnifies the greatness of His sacrifice—God Himself took on our sins and died in our place, fulfilling His role as both Savior and Redeemer without delegation or separation.
God did come in the second person of the trinity in the incarnation God with us matt 1:23

Is Jesus eternal God?

Is Jesus eternal God?
Jesus is eternal in His divine nature as the manifestation of the one true God, but the role of the Son, as Jesus, began with His birth in Bethlehem. This understanding upholds the unity of God while affirming the full divinity of Jesus as the Savior, highlighting the profound mystery of the Incarnation—the eternal God fully inhabiting human flesh to redeem humanity.

If you believe in separate centers of consciousness You do not believe in One God.

Conveniently ignored?

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Not the father yesterday!

The son or Jesus today!

The spirit tomorrow!

Thks

I
Jesus is eternal in His divine nature as the manifestation of the one true God, but the role of the Son, as Jesus, began with His birth in Bethlehem. This understanding upholds the unity of God while affirming the full divinity of Jesus as the Savior, highlighting the profound mystery of the Incarnation—the eternal God fully inhabiting human flesh to redeem humanity.

If you believe in separate centers of consciousness You do not believe in One God.
To believe there are billions of human persons does not violate the truth of one human nature shared all

I

To believe there are billions of human persons does not violate the truth of one human nature shared all
the role of the son, (modelism) did not begin at His birth, He was conceived of the Holy Ghost or was it the father!

The nature of God is an incomprehensible mystery, men cannot grasp, comprehend, or understand the nature of God!

I have been trying in other forums to get anyone to answer straightly if the can work the Trinity doctrine into these passages in a truthful Biblical way:

Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD."
Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God."
Isaiah 45:5 "I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me."
Isaiah 45:21-22 "Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else."
Deuteronomy 4:35 "Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him."
Deuteronomy 32:39 "See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand."
1 Kings 8:60 "That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else."
2 Samuel 7:22 "Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears."
1 Chronicles 17:20 "O LORD, there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears."
Hosea 13:4 "Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me."
Mark 12:29 "And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord."
Mark 12:32 "And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he."
John 17:3 "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."
Romans 3:30 "Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith."
1 Corinthians 8:4 "As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one."
1 Corinthians 8:6 "But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him."
Galatians 3:20 "Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one."
Ephesians 4:6 "One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."
1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."
James 2:19 "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."
"And there shall be no more curse: but the THRONE OF GOD AND OF THE LAMB shall be in it; and HIS servants shall serve HIM:
And they shall see HIS face; and HIS name shall be in their foreheads". (Rev. 22: 3,4)

Jehovah says "I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images". (Is. 42:8)

If it is "the throne of God AND OF THE LAMB" isn't God giving his glory to another? The Throne of God and of the Lamb also has the RIVER OF THE WATER OF LIFE flowing from the throne. This is a direct reference to the Trinity: God the Father, God the Son (The Lamb), and the River of the water of Life flowing (The Holy Spirit). Note also in Rev. 22:3,4 above that it is the THRONE OF GOD AND OF THE LAMB but it doesn't say "his servants will serve THEM". No--God is ONE BEING in THREE PERSONS. When it says HIM it means GOD in three persons.

"And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory". (Is. 6: 3). There is a reason the Seraphim say "holy" THREE times. Because God is one Being in three persons.

Back