Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the vaccine effective?

Is the vaccine effective?

• Yes

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Better than none

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Worse than none

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
You are correct - I do not respect people who make a choice that needlessly places others at increased risk of possible severe illness and / or death
I don’t think it’s fair when others push their fears upon others. For those that live in fear of coming in contact with Covid, they have options including staying home or going out with the proper PPE.

The USA has come a long way in treating Covid and Covid is treatable. Nobody should die from Covid in the USA if they get Covid.

It’s about early treatment. Rule of thumb is this. If your symptoms are worse on day 5 or 6 than they were on day 3, then find a hospital that has monoclonal therapy because your heading toward Covid Pnemonia.

It’s day 8 that’s gonna really suck if it’s turned to Pnemonia and if not treated before day 8, your likelihood of needing a vent and death increases exponentionally.

The biggest problem with Covid are the people who get Covid and when their symptoms continue to get worse, they try to ride it out on their own and by the time many of them seek medical treatment, they are knocking on deaths door, which often occurs on day 8. This scenario accounts for about 2 percent of the Covid cases. The other 98 percent fair well and recover with no known issues.

Last edited:
Drew.... read post #513 and get back to me if you are interested.... You get a gold star for taking ownership of your thoughts by respectfully adding "in my opinion".... That is progress...

Exactly. I suspect it will be like influenza, where the old vaccine will be mostly effective but there will be a new vaccine every year, tuned to whatever variant happens to be most common.

However, it is not common for inactivated virus vaccines to be good for a lifetime. It remains to be seen how long mRNA vaccines provide good protection, but as you mentioned, most people in the field seem to think that it's going to be longer than for conventional inactivated vaccines.

While inactivated vaccines have the same aims as live vaccines—namely to generate antibodies that fight diseases—they tend to induce a less robust response and often need multiple doses and/or booster shots to achieve the same level of protection.
From what I’ve read, we’ve only got a few years with this virus and it will be looked at like the flu, kinda like 1918.

Any virus that kills its host isn’t a very smart virus because it will eventually kill all its hosts…

Anyway, like the Polio vaccine I think the Covid vaccine will stay the course of ones life but with diminished efficacy. I could be wrong. However, what won’t endure our lifetime is Covid spike protein. It will morph and booster shots will need to introduced.

I think I'm taking the natural route to boost my immune system with vitamin C and D. Ill wear a mask if mandated and take regular covid tests if it comes down to that, but until this is fully fda approved, I'm going to just trust Jesus with my health.

Those who are calling people selfish for not taking the vaccine... I forgive you and hope the vaccine is safe for you. I've known three fully vaccinated so far who have gotten covid, so that was the breaker for me. It is a personal decision and God sees the heart. I'd be careful labelling anyone, because over half of America has not been vaccinated. There is a reason for that.
amen - also i saw a video where the creator of mrna/dna is an expert witness AGAINST the vaccine - he says the vaccines using his creation makes the vaccines unsafe and out of the realm of a true vaccine- will try to find that video again

It is not that simple.

Yes, as a vaccinated person, I am at very low risk of severe illness and death. But I am not at low risk of getting infected, and then infecting others. And the more people that get infected, the more likely it will be that a variant will emerge that will defeat the vaccine that I have received.
You are at low risk of being infected and are at even lower risk of infecting others if you do become a breakthrough case.

This thread is about the efficacy of the vaccine. The vaccine has shown phenomenal results that exceeded original expectations. For those that have received the vaccine, they are at low risk of being infected by Covid.

As with any vaccine, there will be breakthrough cases. Breakthrough cases are very low. For those breakthrough cases, the chances of being contagious to others is also vey low.

There will be variants that our current vaccine cannot cover. This will happen regardless if the entire US and Canada population is vaccinated or not because we are part of the global community. This virus will need to run its natural course. In the meantime, booster shots will become available as needed.

This is the messaging the CDC has been saying since day one.

Of course, if you're not liking the U.S. because you don't like feeling pressured over a vaccine, Canada will mandate one long before the U.S. does. You have no vote in the way they do things--you are not a citizen.
As a Canadian, I am skeptical that vaccines will ever be mandated by law here.

Also Drew ... I am in Ontario... and already they are talking about those vaccine passports... I have also
heard that places like restaurants and all leisure businesses will be able to enforce those rules... I don't think
they will ever be able to deny access to essential services ... so I am good to go... as long as I can get to the grocery store... I'm good with that.

Also Drew ... I am in Ontario... and already they are talking about those vaccine passports... I have also
heard that places like restaurants and all leisure businesses will be able to enforce those rules... I don't think
they will ever be able to deny access to essential services ... so I am good to go... as long as I can get to the grocery store... I'm good with that.
Vaccine passports are not the same thing as mandating the vaccine by law.

Drew.... read post #513 and get back to me if you are interested.... You get a gold star for taking ownership of your thoughts by respectfully adding "in my opinion".... That is progress...
There was a communication problem - I never intended to say that it was "my opinion".

I don’t think it’s fair when others push their fears upon others. For those that live in fear of coming in contact with Covid, they have options including staying home or going out with the proper PPE.
This is not reasonable - expecting the rest of us to hide in our homes because of the groundless fears of others. Or to have to use masks whose effectiveness - especially cloth masks - is questionable.

There really is no reason-based position except this: get the vaccine.

The USA has come a long way in treating Covid and Covid is treatable. Nobody should die from Covid in the USA if they get Covid
You may be right that early treatment will prevent a lot of deaths.

But, come on now, you surely know what my reply will be: why not take a free vaccine and avoid the expense of getting treated?

Not to mention being less of a risk to others.

Again, I am sorry if this offends, but reason, Christian principle, and evidence lead to only one conclusion: get the vaccine.

But, come on now, you surely know what my reply will be: why not take a free vaccine and avoid the expense of getting treated?

Again, I am sorry if this offends, but reason, Christian principle, and evidence lead to only one conclusion: get the vaccine.
I will seriously consider taking this one when available .
https://altimmune.com/adcovid/

More info , college about hour and half from me :) .
https://www.uab.edu/news/research/i...19-vaccine-candidate-created-by-altimmune-inc

Doug Ford is dead set against vaccine passports. Why would you pay for covid treatment? Is OHIP not covering it? Not that I don't agree with it--after all, why should the public foot the bill for people who don't want to vaccinate?

This is not reasonable - expecting the rest of us to hide in our homes because of the groundless fears of others. Or to have to use masks whose effectiveness - especially cloth masks - is questionable.
But you have a choice, and that's what I'm getting at. You cannot force anyone to get the vaccine and the choices you have are your choices. Listen, you don't have to go out in PPE if you don't want to. So really, the expectation is your own. Nobody is putting that expectation on you except yourself.
There really is no reason-based position except this: get the vaccine.
That's really not true. There are many reasons not to get the vaccine. Here is a list from the CDC.

Another thing you need to consider is this. Not everyone is living in fear of Covid. I know a lot of people that have had Covid and still don't want to get the vaccine. Their symptoms range from extremely mild to being put on Oxygen. If somebody has had Covid but only experienced mild cold like symptoms, then what good does the vaccine do for them? One could reason that the consequences of not being vaccinated is having mild cold like symptoms.

Or, you could go to the other extremes. In the same way vaccinated people still don't want to leave their house and demand everyone gets vaccinated until they feel safe to emerge, there are those that live in extreme fear of the government. Take the black community for example.

Did you know that the vaccination rate in Detroit is very low? This is a statistic that is common upon black communities throughout the country. The government already has been found guilty of using the black community as test cases for trial medicines. Many simply don't trust the government, and for good reason.

So you see, when people base their decisions on fear, they don't think rationally, especially when they have good reason to be fearful.

Last edited:
Early treatment will prevent most, if not all Covid related deaths. Hospital ICU beds fill up because folks don't go in for early treatment. Want to save a life? Start spreading the word that if you don't want to get vaccinated, then 'WHEN' you get Covid go in for early treatment IF your symptoms continually get worse between days 3 and 5 - 6. If not, Covid pneumonia is certain which will require a minimum 5 day stay in the hospital if not death.

In America, treatment is covered by the government regardless of your stay. So to date, there isn't a financial incentive to getting the vaccine from a medical cost perspective.

In my area, I think the biggest obstacle for people is experience. My area got hit very hard and yes, my wife went into the ICU. It was pretty scary. However, most people I know that did not get vaccinated only had mild symptoms so they don't feel their risk to others is very high. One guy I know who got Covid spent his quarantine time in a deer blind. Got a really nice buck. His worst symptom was a runny nose. His wife was in bed for two days. I could tell you lots of stories. But what it boils down to is there are lots of people in my area don't see Covid as a huge risk to either themselves or others and it's through experience.
It doesn't offend. It only offends when you bind your reasoning to others without fully understanding the reasoning of others and allowing them their own freedom to choose.

I'm from Michigan, and when Covid first hit, our Governor did some really, really stupid things. Like shutting down half of Walmart. You couldn't buy underware, socks, or any clothing. You couldn't buy a car seat for your kid. You couldn't go on the water with a motorized boat. You couldn't buy a tree, or any landscaping supplies and I could go on and on with her stupid, makes no since rules. People in Michigan got sick of her hypocrisy and there was even a sect who you've probably heard in the news about who were going to kidnap her and put her on trial. When you try and control people to that degree, they strike back in defiance, and that's why many people refuse to get vaccinated in my area. It's really just spite.

I'm from Michigan, and when Covid first hit, our Governor did some really, really stupid things. Like shutting down half of Walmart. You couldn't buy underware, socks, or any clothing. You couldn't buy a car seat for your kid. You couldn't go on the water with a motorized boat. You couldn't buy a tree, or any landscaping supplies and I could go on and on with her stupid, makes no since rules.
Different here in Alabama . Walmart was open every isle for most of the time during lock down . Lowes was open so home improvement sells were off the charts , busy , busy ! ALL stores should have been open . Oh yeah the liquor stores were allowed to remain open . Covid only went in certain stores or so they would want you to believe . "Mandates" from our potentate what a crock .

Back