Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the world...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

2ndRateMind

... perfect because it's imperfect? I sometimes like to consider this paradox. If the world was perfect, and had no imperfections, there would be nothing of any importance left to do. I think we would quickly grow bored.

Best wishes to you all. 2RM.

Do you think we will be bored in the New Jerusalem? If this world was without sin like it was in the beginning when God created everything and saw it was good then it would be like that of the New Jerusalem enjoying the presence of the Lord.

... perfect because it's imperfect? I sometimes like to consider this paradox. If the world was perfect, and had no imperfections, there would be nothing of any importance left to do. I think we would quickly grow bored.

Best wishes to you all. 2RM.
I think just think the opposite, now that we are living by faith, that the things that have happened for GOD to take us out of the dark issues into His light, which leads to perfection, I think.

Love, Walter and Debbie

Last edited:
There is no evil in the New Jerusalem. None of us knows what we will do there, but I don't think being with Jesus is going to be boring.

Hmmm. To paraphrase Donald Rumsfeld, there are known evils; things that are evil that we know are evil. There are unknown evils; things that that are evil that we do not know are evil, because they have yet to manifest themselves. There are known unknown evils; things that are evil we have considered. And there are unknown unknown evils; things that are evil we do not know are evil, because we have yet to consider them. Evil is insidious, and even in your utopian New Jerusalem (scriptural citation required) will doubtless invade if it can. Most likely, it seems to me, through the attitudes of the self-righteous.

Best wishes, 2RM

Hmmm. To paraphrase Donald Rumsfeld, there are known evils; things that are evil that we know are evil. There are unknown evils; things that that are evil that we do not know are evil, because they have yet to manifest themselves. There are known unknown evils; things that are evil we have considered. And there are unknown unknown evils; things that are evil we do not know are evil, because we have yet to consider them. Evil is insidious, and even in your utopian New Jerusalem (scriptural citation required) will doubtless invade if it can. Most likely, it seems to me, through the attitudes of the self-righteous.

Best wishes, 2RM
I can't agree with that POV.
The devil got thrown out of heaven once, and won't be given any more chances to usurp the power and glory of God.

That's OK. This matter of God and His kingdom is a complex one. One thing is for sure, though. Compulsion is not part of it, and belonging is entirely voluntary.

Best wishes, 2RM.
That, I do agree with.
It is our own will that will enable us to walk as Jesus walked.
Thanks be to God for the grace, light, new nature, Spirit within us, and path to follow...if we want to.

Just so. But I wonder if you have considered the corollary to this. There can be no Hell, no eternal torment, no lake of fire. For if there were, to threaten them would pretty much amount to compulsion, I think.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Best wishes, 2RM
Revelation 21 teaches us of the New Jerusalem and if you skip down to vs. 27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Just so. But I wonder if you have considered the corollary to this. There can be no Hell, no eternal torment, no lake of fire. For if there were, to threaten them would pretty much amount to compulsion, I think.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

How do you explain these scriptures if there is no hell or a lake of fire?

So, then in all reality you do not believe in all that God has spoke and given to the Prophets and Apostles to write, just because it makes no sense to a carnal logical thought process.

WOW!!!
God gave us minds and brains and discriminatory capacity. One can only presume He intended for us to use them. Besides, we only have the Bible's word that the Bible is the word of God. In other words the Bible is the word of God because the Bible says it is, and the Bible says it is because it is the word of God. This is a viciously circular argument, which is not to say it is necessarily false, only that it proves nothing.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:
God gave us minds and brains and discriminatory capacity. One can only presume He intended for us to use them. Besides, we only have the Bible's word that the Bible is the word of God. In other words the Bible is the word of God because the Bible says it is, and the Bible says it is because it is the word of God. This is a viciously circular argument, which is not to say it is necessarily false, only that it proves nothing.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Not sure how people who call themselves a Christian can discredit the Bible.

John 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Best wishes, 2RM.
By His Spirit God's Word is revealed to us . Supernatural power of God .

1 Corinthians 2 verses 9-12 , but go read the WHOLE chapter .

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Back