Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the world...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
So, then in all reality you do not believe in all that God has spoke and given to the Prophets and Apostles to write, just because it makes no sense to a carnal logical thought process.

WOW!!!
Do you not think then, that alongside the physical, chemical and biological universe, God first had to create mathematics and it's underlying logic?

Best wishes, 2RM.

Not sure how people who call themselves a Christian can discredit the Bible.
Hmmm. I am not discrediting the Bible. There is plenty of good stuff in it, as well as bad. I just think we should, to do it justice, expect to find both and expect to have to decide which is which. In other words, I advocate neither credulity nor scepticism, just a suitably critical approach.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:
By His Spirit God's Word is revealed to us . Supernatural power of God .

1 Corinthians 2 verses 9-12 , but go read the WHOLE chapter .

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
And how do you distinguish between the truth value of your own enlightenment, and mine, where our conclusions differ?

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:
Do you not think then, that alongside the physical, chemical and biological universe, God first had to create mathematics and it's underlying logic?

Best wishes, 2RM.
1Co 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
1Co 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
1Co 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
1Co 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Just so. But I wonder if you have considered the corollary to this. There can be no Hell, no eternal torment, no lake of fire. For if there were, to threaten them would pretty much amount to compulsion, I think.

Best wishes, 2RM.
If it were compulsion, why do so many choose to serve themselves above God?
The compulsion must not work very well...eh?

We live in a secular age. If you don't believe in God, you won't believe in hell, anyway.

Best wishes, 2RM.
It doesn't mean that if one does not believe in hell, that it truly does not exist in their mind, but they will believe during God's judgement as they are cast into the lake of fire because they did not believe in Jesus.

As a Christian do you say this is a true statement ? A straight yes or no will do . You saw my answer .

Answer my question above and we can go from there .
I believe the Bible was inspired by God, but mediated by the imperfect men who authored and translated it.

Best wishes, 2RM.

It doesn't mean that if one does not believe in hell, that it truly does not exist in their mind, but they will believe during God's judgement as they are cast into the lake of fire because they did not believe in Jesus.
Hmmm. I do not think belief is a voluntary thing. If you doubt this, try becoming a Muslim for the next two minutes, and then reverting back to Christianity. If you can't, and if belief is not voluntary, it would not be just to punish or reward it. And God, we know, is just.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:
Revelation 21 teaches us of the New Jerusalem and if you skip down to vs. 27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Here is that verse translated into English: "and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life."

I believe the Bible was inspired by God, but mediated by the imperfect men who authored and translated it.

Best wishes, 2RM.
How do you know they were "imperfect"?
Perhaps they were truly repentant of sin and gifted with the Holy Ghost.
Perhaps they had been reborn of God's seed, and with the mind of the Lord made all their decisions related to scripture.
As I too believe the bible is inspired by God, I also believe it is protected from corruptions by human beings.

Here is that verse translated into English: "and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life."
What I posted in Rev 20 is English :confused

Hmmm. I do not think belief is a voluntary thing. If you doubt this, try becoming a Muslim for the next two minutes, and then reverting back to Christianity. If you can't, and if belief is not voluntary, it would not be just to punish or reward it. And God, we know, is just.

Best wishes, 2RM.
I agree as belief is not a voluntary thing nor can it be forced, but accepting something you believe is true. Voluntary is directed more as in a type of service.

Yes. He answered a prayer for me, once.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Was God's answer to your prayer a yes or a no ?

Once I prayed for a situation that I was not involved with but I saw the need to pray and I did . Some weeks later I found all was well with the situation and I thought " Hey that all worked out for the best , how about that ! " Then I heard this in my being " You did pray for that didn't you ? " Oh yeah , I did didn't I :) . I had forgot about my previous prayer .

I prayed for an end to global poverty and climate change. In other words, to save the world. Instead Jesus saved me. I guess that's His way of saying 'That's your job!'

Best wishes, 2RM.

I prayed for an end to global poverty and climate change. In other words, to save the world. Instead Jesus saved me. I guess that's His way of saying 'That's your job!'

Best wishes, 2RM.
It all begins with us in our own backyard as we begin a pay it forward effect across the globe.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Mat 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Mat 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Mat 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Mat 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Mat 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Back