Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Isaiah--Handle with Care

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Barth Jones

When you spend weeks carefully studying chapter 1 of Isaiah, in Isaiah's context, the context of the prophets, and of the Bible, the primary precept of chapter 1 starts to become very clear.

v. 2--Isaiah addresses the whole creation to hear what God says concerning the Judeo-Christian church.

vv. 1-20--a preface to and summary of Isaiah; an intersection of Old and New Testaments.

Primary precept of Ch 1:

Micah 6:8, Isaiah 1:17, 19 (,20)
Obey (meaning, "do justice, mercy, humility"). Do not spite me, do not come to me with bloody hands--do not spurn me as Cain, asking, "am I my brother's keeper?"

vv. 22, 30, 31--When justice ceases in the land: 1) it ceases when leadership corrupts itself (v 23, Isa 3:4). 2) v. 22--cessation of justice is as silver reverting to dross (silver is not extracted directly from ore; first you extract copper, the lion's share of precious metal in the ore; then a small amount of silver is extracted from a small amount of dross). 3) v. 30--when leadership ruins itself by stopping its ears to cries of justice, it's work is to ruin the people and the land; what flourished (as an oak, as a garden), will in time, as when leaves fade or water is cut off, or as a vine or lion slowly approaches unnoticed, what flourished will be ruined.

v. 31--The corrupt leadership and it's corrupt work will be consumed together, having ignited itself. The effect of it's own spark is part of God's process to restore justice.

vv. 19, 20--Whatever Jews do, whatever Christians do, whatever the world does, rest assured, God will restore justice, though judgment and mercy--in Judah and Jerusalem; in the land; in the new earth.

When you spend weeks carefully studying chapter 1 of Isaiah, in Isaiah's context, the context of the prophets, and of the Bible, the primary precept of chapter 1 starts to become very clear.

v. 2--Isaiah addresses the whole creation to hear what God says concerning the Judeo-Christian church.

vv. 1-20--a preface to and summary of Isaiah; an intersection of Old and New Testaments.

Primary precept of Ch 1:

Micah 6:8, Isaiah 1:17, 19 (,20)
Obey (meaning, "do justice, mercy, humility"). Do not spite me, do not come to me with bloody hands--do not spurn me as Cain, asking, "am I my brother's keeper?"

vv. 22, 30, 31--When justice ceases in the land: 1) it ceases when leadership corrupts itself (v 23, Isa 3:4). 2) v. 22--cessation of justice is as silver reverting to dross (silver is not extracted directly from ore; first you extract copper, the lion's share of precious metal in the ore; then a small amount of silver is extracted from a small amount of dross). 3) v. 30--when leadership ruins itself by stopping its ears to cries of justice, it's work is to ruin the people and the land; what flourished (as an oak, as a garden), will in time, as when leaves fade or water is cut off, or as a vine or lion slowly approaches unnoticed, what flourished will be ruined.

v. 31--The corrupt leadership and it's corrupt work will be consumed together, having ignited itself. The effect of it's own spark is part of God's process to restore justice.

vv. 19, 20--Whatever Jews do, whatever Christians do, whatever the world does, rest assured, God will restore justice, though judgment and mercy--in Judah and Jerusalem; in the land; in the new earth.

You are right Barth, I am so afraid for America. I can almost feel the Right Hand of God's justice about to land on our Country. He did it to the others as we study Isaiah, He will either destroy or revive. I pray for revive.

You are right Barth, I am so afraid for America. I can almost feel the Right Hand of God's justice about to land on our Country. He did it to the others as we study Isaiah, He will either destroy or revive. I pray for revive.

Have you read Leonard Ravenhill's "Why Revival Tarries?"

Israel neglected Gods promises and strayed allowing Assyria to conquer them. Isaiah was warning Judah that the same thing would happen to them if they did not turn away from looking for foreign countries to protect them instead of listening to God and seeking His protection.

This is so much like many today that they seem to run from Gods throne of grace as they allow the flesh to take over that of the Spirit forgetting all the promises of God.

America isn't the only nation do these things. uhm isreal, Europe and japan ,korea, and Australia all have abortions and gay unions/ and if not living together. we American Christian need to get over that the LORD didn't create America just to save the world. he used whomever will listen to accomplish his will and still does.

The church is not a building, but that of Gods children gathered together within the different sects.

I guess my point was, in application, Isaiah can be used to talk about all sorts of things, but in terms of primary interpretation, it's not the church, which began at Pentecost, in Acts, that is in view in Isaiah.

(There's the dispensationalist in me... :) )

Blessings.

America isn't the only nation do these things. uhm isreal, Europe and japan ,korea, and Australia all have abortions and gay unions/ and if not living together. we American Christian need to get over that the LORD didn't create America just to save the world. he used whomever will listen to accomplish his will and still does.

Agreed
America was not and won't be used to send the Light into the world. There is only one Messiah and He was a Jew born in Israel.

I guess my point was, in application, Isaiah can be used to talk about all sorts of things, but in terms of primary interpretation, it's not the church, which began at Pentecost, in Acts, that is in view in Isaiah.

(There's the dispensationalist in me... :) )

Blessings.

Agreed. Nor many of the Christian churches/church groups that happen to be more "restricted." Pentecost has the power, no doubt, but Christians are of one breed fundamentally.

Back