Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study Israel

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Children of Israel Bible Study
When you ask most people who are the children of Israel, most will say the Jewish people. Well, they would be right to a point but the children of Israel are made up of more than just the Jewish people. Seeing that it was God's idea for the children of Israel and the nation of Israel, there is no better place to find information on their beginning than the Bible.

The first thing we need to know about the children of Israel is that Israel is the name of a man.

Genesis 32:28

V28 And He said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

God changes Jacob's name to Israel. This is the first time that the word Israel is used in the Bible.

Lets get some more information on Jacob.

Genesis 35:9-12

V9 And God appeared unto Jacob again, when he came out of Padan-aram, and blessed him.
V10 And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and He called his name Israel.

The El at the end of Israel is one of the names of God. Israel means God rules.

V11 And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins;

God told Israel that "a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee". What most people call modern day Israel just does not fit all that description. God scattered the children of Israel and today most of the children of Israel do not even live in the nation of Israel. The nation of Israel today is mostly the tribes of Judah and Benjamin.

V12 And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land.

The covenant that God made with Abraham, God has made with his grandson Jacob.

So far we have learned that it was Jacob that had his name changed to Israel and that God has passed on the Abrahmic covenant to him. We still need to learn if the children of Israel are only the Jewish people. In Genesis 49:1-28 is a list of the twelve sons of Israel and the blessing that their father Israel gave them. Here is a list of the twelve tribes of Israel.

Twelve tribes of Israel

Reuben
Simeon
Levi
Judah
Zebulun
Issachar
Dan
Gad
Asher
Naphtali
Joseph
Benjamin
In Genesis 48 Joseph brought his two sons, Ephraim and Manasseh to his father Israel for a blessing. What Israel did was adopt them by putting his name on the sons of Joseph. So from that time on, Ephraim and Manasseh were part of the children of Israel. Also part of the blessing Israel gave to the sons of Joseph is that Manasseh would become a great nation and Ephraim would be a company of nations. Does this sound like what most people call the nation of Israel today?

Now we know all the names of the people that make up the tribes of Israel. Lets find out who the Jewish people descended from.

The word Jew is used ten times in the Old Testament and each time the same Hebrew word is used. Lets take a look at the definition of Jew from the Strong's Concordance.

Jew 3064 Yehuwdiy (yeh-hoo-dee'); patronymically from 3063; a Jehudite (i.e. Judaite or Jew), or descendant of Jehudah (i.e. Judah).
3063 Yehuwdah (yeh-hoo-daw'); from 3034; celebrated; Jehudah (or Judah), the name of five Israelites; also of the tribe descended from the first, and of its territory.

In the New Testament the word Jew is used twenty two times and each time the same Greek word is used. Lets take a look at the definition of Jew from the Strong's Concordance.

Jew 2453 Ioudaios (ee-oo-dah'-yos); from 2448 (in the sense of 2455 as a country); Judaean, i.e. belonging to Jehudah.
2455 Ioudas (ee-oo-das'); of Hebrew origin [3063]; Judas (i.e. Jehudah), the name of ten Israelites; also of the posterity of one of them and its region.

So we see that people that have Jewish blood in them are descended from Judah. Israel's son, Judah, was the first Jewish person in the Bible.

So now you might be wondering what does this mean? What this means is that there are millions of people on earth today that have absolutely no idea that they are the true children of Israel. The Jewish people are only a part of the children of Israel, not all of them. Well if the Jewish people are only part of the children of Israel, where are the rest of them? To answer that question, I'll ask another question. Which nations on earth today are the most blessed? The Christian nations. Remember the blessing that Israel gave to Ephraim, one of Joseph's sons, that he would become a company of nations? Ephraim today is better known as Great Britain. What about Joseph's other son, Manasseh? In the blessing that Israel gave Manasseh, he said that Manasseh would become a great nation. Let me ask you this, which Christian nation is more blessed than any other? The United States of America. Manasseh is better know as the United States of America toady. Don't think for one minute that it is an accident that America is so blessed by Almighty God. Regardless of what some people would want you to believe, the United States of America is one nation under God and we always will be. People from every single tribe of the children of Israel live in the United States today. That is why the United States of America is more blessed by Almighty God than any other nation on earth today.

http://www.biblestudygames.com/biblestu ... Israel.htm

You know I am along with you on this. That's why I have my avatar. I often wonder how many people actually looked up the verse under my Avatar? And if so, I wonder if people make the connection? I doubt it. It flies over their heads, like a flag maybe? :-D

I look at it from a more spiritual point of view. If we are covered in Christ's blood, then when He looks upon us all He sees is HIS own blood. In that way we have been brought into His family. Am I wrong?

onelove said:
aLet me ask you this, which Christian nation is more blessed than any other? The United States of America......That is why the United States of America is more blessed by Almighty God than any other nation on earth today.
While I am still pondering your general point, I think that what you say above would be very difficult to substantiate. Why, precisely, do you think that the USA has been more blessed than any other nation? Remember, facts count, and I am willing to bet that in terms of a number of measurable "quality of life" parameters, the USA will not come out ahead of a whole raft of other nations.

Drew
While I am still pondering your general point, I think that what you say above would be very difficult to substantiate. Why, precisely, do you think that the USA has been more blessed than any other nation? Remember, facts count, and I am willing to bet that in terms of a number of measurable "quality of life" parameters, the USA will not come out ahead of a whole raft of other nations.
[

OK,lets do facts name me 3 nations more blessed than America,heck!name one

onelove said:
The Human Development Index (HDI), published annually by the UN, ranks nations according to their citizens' quality of life rather than strictly by a nation's traditional economic figures. The criteria for calculating rankings include life expectancy, educational attainment, and adjusted real income. The 2006 index is based on 2004 figures.

The top ten, in descending order (best is number 1) are:

1. Norway
2. Iceland
3. Austrailia
4. Ireland
5. Sweden
6. Canada
7. Japan
8. United States
9. Switzerland
10. Netherlands

I still say we are the most blesses nation in the history of the world,fulfilling the promise God made to Abraham.You can offer satistics but Biblically speaking we are true Israel.

The point of my post was to show who is Israel,would I be right in saying that the countries you mentioned are all Christains,and would I also be right in saying that were it not for the United States these countries would not be as they are today,all you have to do is ask yourself where would we be had we not won both world wars,and where would those countries you mentioned be as well.There is not a nation more powerful in the world nor has there ever been.To me it's simple all you have to do is read the prohecy mentioned above and it should be clear.With that said I will leave you with this,do give me your opinion after reading

Where does the United States of America appear in Bible prophecy? Does Bible prophecy neglect to mention major nations such as the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom?

In fact, many prophecies do mention these nations. But without an understanding of history and the Scriptures, few can identify them and understand what lies ahead of them.

This featured booklet will take you on a remarkable journey through history and Bible prophecy to reveal an incredible story with sobering implications for the major English-speaking nations.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Nations That Changed the World
"Behold, the nations are as a drop in a bucket, and are counted as the small dust on the scales; look, He lifts up the isles as a very little thing...Too whom then will you liken God? Or what likeness will you compare to Him?" (Isaiah 40:15,18).

It's an amazing story the unprecedented rise of the English-speaking peoples to their dominant positions of power and influence over the modern world.

History shows that their rise to greatness began in the turmoil of the Protestant Reformation. Having broken from Rome and faced with the combined hostility of both the continental church and imperial Spain, then the most powerful nation in the world, England began to look beyond the seas for her security and trade.

Explorers were sent throughout the world during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I (1558-1603). This led to the establishment of colonies that later developed into the United States of America and the nations of the British Commonwealth.

Historians have called these countries "revolutionary empires." They were not despotic tyrannies as were other countries or earlier empires in which everyone was subject to domineering autocrats.

Each colony had its own parliament or house of assembly to which voters sent elected representatives. People could own land, practice their religion and even take their government to court, while newspapers were free to criticize the authorities. Books were freely published.

Innovative ideas flourished in what became the most politically stable nations in modern history.

These new ideas led to the gradual formation of a great company of nations, the British Empire and Commonwealth, and the world's most successful republic, the United States of America.

Why has history been so benevolent and economically generous to Britain and the United States? Why have they been blessed so favorably over the nations that preceded them in history? The answer lies in the understanding and fulfillment of biblical prophecy.

Surprising as it may sound, both were destined according to Bible prophecy to become superpowers. One was to precede the other to world-power status. Both would dominate international affairs in their own time. They would even be called upon to save other nations from the forces of despotism. Above all, they would make possible democratic and religious freedoms for the English-speaking nations.

In two world wars the British Commonwealth and the United States saved virtually the entire civilized world from powers intent on world domination.

Without them our world would be entirely different in many ways.

The climate that encouraged freedom of expression led to the Industrial Revolution, which changed the world. In the century between the end of the Napoleonic Wars and the beginning of World War I (1815-1914), British capital and expertise developed the economies of her colonies (one quarter of the world's peoples) and contributed to the development of the fledgling United States and the newly independent nations of South America. After World War II America's economic prosperity and generosityâ€â€through the Marshall Planâ€â€got Europe and Japan moving again.

Today the decline of Britain and America is leaving a vacuum around the globe. Already the dissolution of the British Empire has brought to the surface ethnic conflicts long held in check under colonialism. Wars in the Middle East, Africa, South Asia and the Pacific are the direct result of decolonization and have made the world more complex and unstable.

American power may seem to be successfully dealing with these problems. But the international standing of the United States itself is in decline. Long in the vanguard of progress, Britain and the United States are increasingly faced with complex and seemingly insoluble dilemmas at home and abroad. Meanwhile, other powers, in the East and West, flex their muscles, preparing to challenge America's superpower status.

For more than 400 years England and the nations spawned by her have played a crucial role in the world. Together, Britain and the United States have dominated the world scene for two centuries during a time when crucial biblical prophecies concerning the time of the end are being fulfilled before our eyes.

Now we come to some vital questions. Why are economic blessingsâ€â€and democratic idealsâ€â€so evident in the English-speaking nations? Who are the British and American peoples? How do these two great powersâ€â€the United States and the nations comprising most of the former British Empireâ€â€fit into Bible prophecy?

Are the British and American peoples ignored in the pages of your Bible while less-powerful nations are mentioned specifically and often? Is it logical to believe that God, in revealing the events that would lead to the return of the Messiah in the last days, would simply overlook the United States and British Empire?

Or is it possible that most people, including many students of the Bible, have simply failed to understand the prophecies that accurately predicted the rise to greatness of these nations and what will happen to them in the end time?

Reading through the pages of this publication will take you on an incredible journey through ancient and modern history. You will meet peoples you may never have heard of and visit lands you have not seen. This knowledge is a vital key to understanding our world and age.

This journey will also remind you that the great God, to whom "the nations are as a drop in a bucket" and "as the small dust on the scales" (Isaiah 40:15), is always faithful to His promises.

Please read the rest here

http://www.gnmagazine.org/booklets/US/index.htm

onelove said:
I still say we are the most blesses nation in the history of the world,fulfilling the promise God made to Abraham.You can offer satistics but Biblically speaking we are true Israel.
I do not think your argument works. I read your OP. Your argument appears to be that the US is to be considered one of these 12 tribes precisely because it is basically has been especially blessed - blessed above all other nations.

But I suggest that the facts indicate otherwise. In terms of a large number of metrics which characterize ways in which a nation might be seen as being blessed - wealth, longevity, educational attainment, the evidence shows that the US is not particularly blessed over and above other nations. Are you expecting the reader to simply accept your claim that the US is particularly blessed when you present no evidence and the evidence I have presented refutes your claim?

onelove said:
The point of my post was to show who is Israel,would I be right in saying that the countries you mentioned are all Christains,and would I also be right in saying that were it not for the United States these countries would not be as they are today,all you have to do is ask yourself where would we be had we not won both world wars,and where would those countries you mentioned be as well.There is not a nation more powerful in the world nor has there ever been.
First, it is not at all clear the 2 great wars would have gone against freedom had the US not played the significant role they undoubtedly did play. But even if you are right, I notice that you now turn to characterise the US as the most powerful nation in the world. I suspect that Jesus would have some rather dim words as to whether "power" is a measure of blessedness. I agree that at the present time, the US is the world's most militarily powerful nation. And while that military did some good things in the past, I suggest that military power is not really a measure of blessedness.

onelove said:
It's an amazing story the unprecedented rise of the English-speaking peoples to their dominant positions of power and influence over the modern world.
Again with the power? Here is what Jesus has to say about the exertion of power:

When the ten heard about this, they became indignant with James and John. Jesus called them together and said, "You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many"

onelove said:
They would even be called upon to save other nations from the forces of despotism.
I think the Iraq situation is a glaring counterexample. The US became the first democratic nation that I am aware of that invaded a sovereign nation in the last 100 years without first being attacked themselves. And the invasion was based on a false premise. This is not the way God wants nations to behave. Now, I want to be clear. I am not criticizing American citizens when I say this.

onelove said:
In two world wars the British Commonwealth and the United States saved virtually the entire civilized world from powers intent on world domination.

Without them our world would be entirely different in many ways.
This is highly speculative and is based on questionable logic. Let's say we agree that these 2 nations have been the deciding factor in wars of aggression started by other nation states. It simply does not follow that those wars would not have been won had those 2 countries not been so powerful. You should not expect the reader to simply accept this as if it were obvious. It is not and you really need to give more evidence.

On top of all this, I suspect that the Apostle Paul would take issue with your ideas. He clearly envisaged the covenant people as a single world-wide family whose membership was not based on nationality, ethnicity, parentage, gender, culture, etc. Membership in this family is based on one thing and one thing alone - faith.

You are basically trying to undo what Paul worked so hard to overcome:

You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise

Does this sound like a person who would agree that Great Britain and the USA have some kind of special status within "Israel according to the Spirit"?

Onelove:

Just a hint. Don't waste your time trying to convince some people what we believe about Britain and the United States in prophecy according to the Bible, God's Holy Word. It would be easier to push a car uphill with a noodle than to do convincing.

Just rejoice in the fact that we were given this understanding as undeserving as we are. Think of the days when we were once in the same boat but were rescued. That's true grace!

tim_from_pa said:
Onelove:

Just a hint. Don't waste your time trying to convince some people what we believe about Britain and the United States in prophecy according to the Bible, God's Holy Word. It would be easier to push a car uphill with a noodle than to do convincing.

Just rejoice in the fact that we were given this understanding as undeserving as we are. Think of the days when we were once in the same boat but were rescued. That's true grace!
*This is me, Moderating* :wink:

I really don't care one way or another, though I lean toward, God scattered them, only HE knows where they are and only HE can gather them.

Anyways, I think Drew made some good points above and it's worth a rebuttal or at least an explanation. So go ahead and try to help us understand. After all, we're as undeserving as y'all. :-D

Well, I have a link below for one to get a general idea where I am coming from, and I presume onelove as well.

When you visit this link, click on the yellow "5 steps" box and it will give one an excellent overview.

There's no getting around it as far as I am concerned. Jews do not fulfill the promises to Israel, and Gentile Christians (non-Israelite race) do not fulfill it as this would shift the responsibility to nations other than the one that God committed the blessing to. However, the bible does say that one of the tribes would become many nations.

And one cannot say that "nations" are merely "spiritual" seed of Abraham from many nations. If God formed from Abraham one physical nation from his seed, then it stands to reason that many nations are actual descendants as well. It is not proper exegesis to interpret some of the Abrahamic promises physically and others "spiritually". A good example is the promise of an eternal Davidic throne. The scepter in Judah has to span all generations uninterrupted "until Shiloh come" (Genesis 49) which is Jesus' second coming.

Read the site and then comment further if anyone desires.

http://www.britishisrael.co.uk/old/index.htm

Drew said:
onelove said:
The Human Development Index (HDI), published annually by the UN, ranks nations according to their citizens' quality of life rather than strictly by a nation's traditional economic figures. The criteria for calculating rankings include life expectancy, educational attainment, and adjusted real income. The 2006 index is based on 2004 figures.

The top ten, in descending order (best is number 1) are:

1. Norway
2. Iceland
3. Austrailia
4. Ireland
5. Sweden
6. Canada
7. Japan
8. United States
9. Switzerland
10. Netherlands

Except for Japan, us BI people teach that every nation mentioned here are from the lost tribes of Israel. And some people even believe some of the Japanese are from them as well. For example, Sweden is from Gad, Canada is from Ephraim, Norway from NAPHTALI, etc. although the boundaries may not be all that precise as there are some people from other tribes as well within each nation (heraldry usually gives us clues).

I'll take Sweden any day. Agnetha Faltskog lives there; she's one I like.. :biggrin

Except for Japan, us BI people teach that every nation mentioned here are from the lost tribes of Israel. And some people even believe some of the Japanese are from them as well. For example, Sweden is from Gad, Canada is from Ephraim, Norway from NAPHTALI, etc. although the boundaries may not be all that precise as there are some people from other tribes as well within each nation (heraldry usually gives us clues).

I pretty much agree with this,which is the point I was trying to make and that is the Christain nations as a whole are all part of the lost 10 tribes.

Comentary on the Book of James

The book of James is written to the twelve tribes. These twelve tribes came from the twelve sons of Jacob. Jacob was the grandson of Abraham, through Isaac, and Jacob's name was changed by God to "Israel". While in captivity in Egypt the family of Jacob, or Israel grew into a nation, and all the families of Israel became known as the children of Israel. And in due time, as God had prophesied to Abraham, his family came out of Egypt as a nation. While in the wilderness, Moses had all the families separated into their individual tribes, and established their own individual banners to identify themselves personally. Though each of the tribes was allocated their own lands in the promised land, the tribe of Levi was established as the priestly tribe and was scattered amongst all the other tribes. Yet because of Joseph's birthright, a double portion was given to him, and given to both of Joseph's sons, Ephraim and Manasseh.

These tribes conquered their promised land, and lived under the rule of the Judges from about 1440 B.C. until the monarch was set up by Samuel the prophet, when Samuel anointed Saul as the king. After Saul's rule came king David and then his son Solomon. When Solomon died, the kingdom of the twelve tribes called Israel was split into two separate nations, called "Houses". These houses were the "House of Israel", which was made up of the ten tribes to the north, and the "House of Judah", which at a later time in Babylon became known as "Jews". Each of these two nations had their own line of kings, rule of law, and God dealt with each of them separately.

The "House of Israel" are those ten tribes which were taken captive by the Assyrians to a location in northern Iraq for relocation, and shortly after their relocation from their Palestine area home lands, they continued their migrations through the Caucasus mountains, and on into Western Europe, and the Americas. The one thing that these ten tribes never lost in their identity, was this single event of their earliest migrations. That trip through the Caucasus mountains, for this marked them as "Caucasians", even to our present generation. Though most Caucasians simply don't know who they are, or how they came to be identified, they do know that they are Caucasian, but they think that they think Caucasian is in reference to the color white.

God used the prophet Hosea to tell the people of the children of Israel that not only would the two nations be separated, and form two nations, but He would divorce one of the nations or houses, and stay married to the other. The example [ensample] was given through the marriage of the prophet Hosea to a daughter of whoredoms named Gomer, and they had three children. The first child was named "Jezreel", and the name of this son was used to tell the kingdom of the "House of Israel" [not the Jews], of the prophecy of God's divorcement to them. This name of Jezreel had two meanings in the Hebrew tongue. The name is prophetic of the "coming judgment and future mercy".

The knowledge of the "House of Judah" is quite common knowledge to most Christians, however the House of Israel is cloudy and unknown to them. The prophet Hosea gives us the knowledge of where these tribes are in the end times, and what they will be known by in Hosea 1:10.

Hosea 1:10 "Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, `Ye are not my people,' there it shall be said unto them, `Ye are the sons of the living God.' "

We know that the "House of Judah" is not as the sands of the sea, for most of their people are either sheltered by the United States, or in their tiny nation called "Israel" today. But these ten tribes have grown to a number that we simply can't count. It is in the places that they are located, not in that tiny nation of Israel, but wherever they are, Hosea is telling us exactly what they will be identified as. "Ye are the sons of the living God." The "living God" is Jesus Christ who arose from the dead on the third day and and ascended into Heaven. Those that identify with Christ are called "Christians". Hosea is telling us that the "House of Israel" will call their nations "Christians Nations",

The House of Judah, or commonly called the Jews, are made up of the tribes of Judah and Benjamin, and part of the tribe of Levi. Heavily mixed in with these Israelites are the foreigners or Orientals called the "Nethinims" by Ezra and Nehemiah, which are the "Kenites" that had taken over the duties of both the scribes and the priests, and changed much of the laws which God gave to Moses. I Chronicles 2:55 tells us that three families of Kenites took over the duties of the scribes, and thus they fused themselves into the records of the House of Judah, from the time of their captivity in Babylon. In fact, when the Jews came out of Babylon, Ezra stopped to take account of those people and the things that were going back to Jerusalem to re-establish the Temple and the city. Ezra records in his records:

Ezra 8:15 "And I gathered them together to the river that runneth to Ahava; and there abode we in tents three days: and I viewed the people, and the priests, and found there none of the sons of Levi."

Here Ezra and the Jews were returned to build the temple and continue in the worship of God, and these Kenites or sons of Cain had taken over the priesthood. Is it any wonder that their offspring that filled those positions during the time of Jesus wanted to kill Jesus from the start of His ministry? For the next five hundred years under these Kenites, the traditions of these Kenites had replaced the laws of God. Even to the point where there was no agreement between the teachings of Christ, and that of the Kenite Jewish religious leaders. This is the reason that these Kenite Jewish leaders plotted continually to murder Jesus. As we know, they were successful in their deeds, for this entire course of events was prophesied from the beginning of the Word of God, through to the death of Christ on the cross. His death being that price which was paid whereby we could be drawn back to the Father, through our faith in Jesus Christ, and our repentance to the Father in Jesus name.

So the reason for the controversy is because of who this book is addressed to. Most Christians are completely ignorant of the ten tribes of the House of Israel, and they have difficulty handling the Scriptures. Their pastors have told them to disregard much of the Old Testament, thus they have lumped all of the tribes into the small house of Judah. However, the Scriptures even point out that each of the houses, and the Gentiles have different duties to perform, as is pointed out in Revelation chapter seven. Those duties will be performed even to the last hour of this earth age. For the Word of God to be complete it must address all people, therefore don't ever let somebody tell you that there is something wrong with the book of James. For if they do, it is that they are not able to rightly divide the Word of God.

Here is an excellent site that should open your eyes,if not lets just put it on the shelf,because to me if you read any of the promises God made to Abraham it would be ovious

http://www.abcog.org/lost1.htm

Vic

I really don't care one way or another, though I lean toward, God scattered them, only HE knows where they are and only HE can gather them.

I can't agree with your statement,for if one studies history and the promises God made to Abraham we can know exactly where they are,for example lets look at Gen 22:17

Genesis 22:17 "That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;"

The "gate of his enemies" is the passage ways that the enemies go through to get to your lands, your homes and your peoples. God is telling us the He will give us the victory over all our enemies, for through God, it is us that controls our gates. When we look around the world there are many gates that our enemies must pass through to get to us, and Christian nations have controlled them all. The canals, the passage ways, the high grounds; and even in the case of Alaska, the passage way to our homeland from the far east and Russia, God has given to America that for such a small price. This is a promise to both the House of Israel [Christian Nations], and the House of Judah [Jews] that they would always posses the gates of their enemies.

Another point is the fact that America was founded on Christian princibles,should leave no doubt as to why we as well as other Christian nations are so blessed which in turn one should see that we are the seed that God made the promise to in Gen 22:17,for if we are not that seed can you please tell me who is?

Here are a few quotes from our founding fathers,and tell me after reading them is there any doubt about who we are,it is'nt for me anyway

George Washington

"I now make it my earnest prayer the God would have you and the State over which you preside, in His holy protection, that he would incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government; to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another, for their fellow citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the field; and, finally, that he would be most graciously pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind, which were the characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without an humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation." June 8, 1783 in a letter to the governors of the states on disbanding the army.

Thomas Jefferson

"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever." 1781, Query XVIII of his Notes on that State of Virginia.

"My views...are the result of a life of inquiry and reflection, and very different from the anti-christian system imputed to me by those who know nothing of my opinions. To the corruptions of Christianity I am, indeed, opposed; but not to the genuine precepts of Jesus himself. I am a Christian in the only sense in which he wished any one to be; sincerely attached to his doctrines in preference to all others..." April 21, 1803 in a letter to Dr. Benjamin.

“The doctrines of Jesus are simple, and tend to all the happiness of man.â€Â

“Of all the systems of morality, ancient or modern which have come under my observation, none appears to me so pure as that of Jesus....I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus."

James Madison

"Religion is the basis and Foundation of Government." June 20, 1785

"It is not the talking but the walking and working person that is the true Christian." In a manuscript on the Gospels and the Acts of the Apostles, Madison makes this statement.

"We have all been encouraged to feel in the guardianship and guidance of that Almighty Being, whose power regulates the destiny of nations." March 4, 1809 Inaugural Address

“We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We’ve staked the future of all our political institutions upon our capacity…to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.†[1778 to the General Assembly of the State of Virginia]

Benjamin Franklin

"Here is my Creed. I believe in on God, the Creator of the Universe. That He governs it by His Providence. That He ought to be worshipped.

That the most acceptable service we render to Him is in doing good to His other Children. That the soul of Man is immortal, and will be treated with Justice in another Life respecting its conduct in this. These I take to be the fundamental points in all sound Religion, and I regard them as you do in whatever Sect I meet with them.

As to Jesus of Nazareth, my Opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the System of Morals and his Religion, as he left them to us, is the best the World ever saw, or is likely to see." March 9, 1790 in a letter to Ezra Stiles, President of Yale University

"Heavenly Father, May all revere Thee, And become They dutiful children and faithful subjects. May thy Laws be obeyed on earth as perfectly as they are in Heaven. Provide for us this day as Thou hast hitherto daily done. Forgive us our trespasses, and enable us likewise to forgive those that offended us. Keep us out of temptation and deliver us from Evil." Franklin's own version of the Lord's Prayer

“God governs in the affairs of man. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid? We have been assured in the Sacred Writings that except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it. I firmly believe this. I also believe that, without His concurring aid, we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel†– Constitutional Convention of 1787, original manuscript of this speech

John Adams

"The Christian religion is above all the Religions that ever prevailed or existed in ancient or modern times, the religion of Wisdom, Virtue, Equity, and Humanity. Let the Blackguard Paine say what he will; it is Resignation to God, it is Goodness itself to Man." July 26, 1796, in his diary.

"I have examined all religions, as well as my narrow sphere, my straightened means, and my busy life, would allow; and the result is that the Bible is the best Book in the world. It contains more philosophy than all the libraries I have seen." December 25, 1813 in a letter to Thomas Jefferson.

"The Ten Commandments and the Sermon on the Mount contain my religion..." November 4, 1816 in a letter to Thomas Jefferson.

"As I understand the Christian religion, it was, and is, a revelation." December 27, 1816 in a letter to Judge F.A. Van der Kemp.

The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were. . . . the general principles of Christianity. . . . I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God; and that those principles of liberty are as unalterable as human nature. (taken from a letter to Thomas Jefferson on June 28, 1813)
Twenty times in the course of my late reading have I been on the point of breaking out, "This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion at all!!!" But in this exclamation I would have been as fanatical as Bryant or Cleverly. Without religion, this world would be something not fit to be mentioned in polite company, I mean hell.

Jesus is benevolence personified, an example for all men… The Christian religion, in its primitive purity and simplicity, I have entertained for more than sixty years. It is the religion of reason, equity, and love; it is the religion of the head and the heart

There is no doubt in my mind as to who we are.

onelove said:

I pretty much agree with this,which is the point I was trying to make and that is the Christain nations as a whole are all part of the lost 10 tribes.

Just out of interest. I don't entirely agree with what you are saying. The whole nation of Sweden is definetely not (subject to my opinion) from Gad for example. The nations were formed much earlier than the 12 tribes of Israel even existed for example. The Book of Genesis tells us the nations that were descended from Noah, surely they would have also moved further north after time inhabiting much of Europe by the time of say the tribes of Israel.

It's guesswork to suggest that the lost tribes formed certain nations, it really is. I have heard some people suggesting that Jeremiah visited the UK and Ireland, among other things and therefore this is the reason how people there suggest that they are descended from one of the lost tribes. Cannot remember exactly which.

The best we can do is work with the Bible alone instead of trying to fill in gaps by a set of Chinese whispers.

Christian nations came from Gentiles, Paul makes this clear to the Gentile converts to Christianity. There is no shame in being a Gentile. We have just as much faith in God as any person who is directly descended from Abraham, and indeed the tribes of Israel.

The best we can do is work with the Bible alone instead of trying to fill in gaps by a set of Chinese whispers.

We do get the idea from the bible. As a matter of fact, I work extensively with the bible. Otherwise, where did those lost ten tribes go? And what of God's plan for them? Do you think he sows the seed of Israel just to have the non-Israelite Gentiles do the work that He purposed in Israel? (Genesis 12:2-3)

Like it or lump it, these questions have to be answered, or else many promises God gave to Abraham in the bible have been severely breached and since the promises of Messiah was included with them, the Messianic promises go out the window by default. I truly believe that many people worship an imaginary, Gentile conceived Jesus without any Hebraic foundation (like the sower who planted seeds among rocks but they had no roots---no understanding results in an imaginative theology).

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back