Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Jehovah Lord a word study

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Amen. His name is Jesus.
Well, the second person of the Trinity who came in the flesh is named Jesus, but that is technically not the name of God as a whole, otherwise that is Oneness/Jesus Only.

Wanting to end this thread and the errors contained within it, let us know that the singular word LORD refers to the various idols or graven images worshipped by the Israelites, the Golden Calf being only one example.

7 Then the Lord said to Moses, "Go down, because your people, whom you brought up out of Egypt, have become corrupt. 8 They have been quick to turn away from what I commanded them, and have made themselves an idol cast in the shape of a calf. They have bowed down to it and sacrificed to it and have said, "These are your gods, Israel, who brought you up out of Egypt."

The one true LORD is “the King of Israel, our redeemer, the LORD of hosts; the first and the last; beside whom there is no God”.

Isa_44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts. I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isa_54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name, and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel. The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Jesus himself said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him."
(Joh 14:6-7 KJV)

In two words, the God of Israel is the I AM, known by Moses, and His name on earth is Jesus.

May God bless. Amen.

Last edited:
Wanting to end this thread and the errors contained within it, let us know that the singular word LORD refers to the various idols or graven images worshipped by the Israelites, the Golden Calf being only one example.

7 Then the Lord said to Moses, "Go down, because your people, whom you brought up out of Egypt, have become corrupt. 8 They have been quick to turn away from what I commanded them, and have made themselves an idol cast in the shape of a calf. They have bowed down to it and sacrificed to it and have said, "These are your gods, Israel, who brought you up out of Egypt."

The one true LORD is “the King of Israel, our redeemer, the LORD of hosts; the first and the last; beside whom there is no God”.

Isa_44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts. I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isa_54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name, and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel. The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Jesus himself said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him."
(Joh 14:6-7 KJV)

In two words, the God of Israel is the I AM, known by Moses, and His name on earth is Jesus.
That does not “end the errors.” There is only one God throughout the Bible, who has the names I AM and LORD (singular or otherwise), among others. There is only one LORD who has always existed as a Trinity, the second person of which came to earth, took on flesh, and was given the name Jesus. That is his name alone, not the Trinity’s name.

Exo 32:7 And the LORD said to Moses, “Go down, for your people, whom you brought up out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves. (ESV)

That does not “end the errors.” There is only one God throughout the Bible, who has the names I AM and LORD (singular or otherwise), among others. There is only one LORD who has always existed as a Trinity, the second person of which came to earth, took on flesh, and was given the name Jesus. That is his name alone, not the Trinity’s name.

Exo 32:7 And the LORD said to Moses, “Go down, for your people, whom you brought up out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves. (ESV)

What are you trying to show? What is your point in providing the link?
You dispute the Lordship of Jesus.

Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! For it is written, 'YOU SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD YOUR GOD, AND HIM ONLY YOU SHALL SERVE.' "
(Mat 4:10 NKJV)

Last edited:
What are you trying to show? What is your point in providing the link?
I am showing you Jesus is LORD, SAVIOUR, REDEEMER, the MIGHTY ONE OF JACOB, OUR GREAT GOD AND SAVIOUR.

Isa 60:16 KJV
(16) Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;
(Col 2:9 NKJV)
looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
(Tit 2:13 NKJV)

I am showing you Jesus is LORD, SAVIOUR, REDEEMER, the MIGHTY ONE OF JACOB, OUR GREAT GOD AND SAVIOUR.

Isa 60:16 KJV
(16) Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;
(Col 2:9 NKJV)
looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
(Tit 2:13 NKJV)
Okay, but why? None of that disagrees with anything I have ever stated. You wanted to do a word study on "LORD" and "Jehovah/Yahweh." And when we do, we see that there is only one LORD (YHWH) throughout the whole Bible, who is the one true God.

Is Jesus YHWH? Of course, but he isn't the only person who is YHWH. He is the second person of the Trinity that is YHWH and only his name, as the Son come in the flesh, is Jesus.

Okay, but why? None of that disagrees with anything I have ever stated. You wanted to do a word study on "LORD" and "Jehovah/Yahweh." And when we do, we see that there is only one LORD (YHWH) throughout the whole Bible, who is the one true God.

Is Jesus YHWH? Of course, but he isn't the only person who is YHWH. He is the second person of the Trinity that is YHWH and only his name, as the Son come in the flesh, is Jesus.
Ask yourself where Jesus was at the creation of the world, and you will find there is only one YHWH.

Ask yourself where Jesus was at the creation of the world, and you will find there is only one YHWH.
Technically, Jesus as such didn't exist. The Son of God (the Word), as the second person of the Trinity (YHWH), did exist.

Technically, Jesus as such didn't exist. The Son of God (the Word), as the second person of the Trinity (YHWH), did exist.
That was in the beginning. Then it got complicated when the Word (YHWH) became visible on earth, and they called his name Jesus. :)

Last edited:
That was in the beginning.
What was in the beginning?

Then it got complicated when the Word (YHWH) became visible on earth, and they called his name Jesus. :)
I don’t see how that is different than what I stated. The Word is the second person of the Trinity who came in the flesh, whose name alone is Jesus. The Trinity’s name is YHWH.

What was in the beginning?

I don’t see how that is different than what I stated. The Word is the second person of the Trinity who came in the flesh, whose name alone is Jesus. The Trinity’s name is YHWH.
The Word was in the beginning, that is true, and when I said it gets more complicated, I was agreeing with you, because you made it a bit more complicated than it needs to be. Try to remember Jesus is the Word made visible

The Bible puts it more simply, and in Proverbs it tells us to, "Lean not to our own understanding, but to trust Him, in all our ways." (From memory.) So let us do that and be like the little children and simply put our trust in Him.

Last edited:
Who is the I AM?
The I AM is eternal God. His name on earth was Jesus.

8:58 The Lord Jesus here made another clear claim to be God. He did not say, “Before Abraham was, I was.” That might simply mean that He came into existence before Abraham. Rather, He used the Name of God: I AM. The Lord Jesus had dwelt with God the Father from all eternity. There was never a time when He came into being, or when He did not exist. Therefore He said, “Before Abraham was, I AM.”

(Believers Bible)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I AM: This is the third time in this chapter Jesus uses the phrase I AM(Joh_8:24; Joh_8:28), and here in Joh_8:58. The ancient Greek phrase is ego emi, which was the same term used in the Greek translation of the Old Testament in Jesus’ day to describe the Voice from the burning bush. “All the previous lightning flashes pale into significance before the blaze of this passage.” (Barclay)

ii. In using the phrase I AM (Joh_8:24; Joh_8:58; Joh_13:19) Jesus used a clear divine title belonging to Yahweh alone (Exo_3:13-14, Deu_32:39, Isa_43:10) and was interpreted as such by Jesus’ listeners (Joh_8:58-59). “I AM was recognized by the Jews as a title of deity.” (Tenney)

iii. “Before Abraham came into existence I am, eternally existent… No stronger affirmation of pre-existence occurs.” (Dods)

iv. “If Jesus’ claim was not well founded, then his words were openly blasphemous: he was using language that only God could use.” (Bruce).

(David Guzik)

The Word was in the beginning, that is true, and when I said it gets more complicated, I was agreeing with you, because you made it a bit more complicated than it needs to be. Try to remember Jesus is the Word made visible
I know, that is what I have said many times. How did I make it “a bit more complicated than it needs to be”? The Word is the preincarnate Son, the second person of the Trinity. That is what the Bible shows.

The Bible puts it more simply, and in Proverbs it tells us to, "Lean not to our own understanding, but to trust Him, in all our ways." (From memory.) So let us do that and be like the little children and simply put our trust in Him.
We shouldn’t simplify things so much that we aren’t being clear on what the Bible says, right?

The Word was Yahweh (LORD), but Yahweh wasn’t the Word. Yahweh is triune and the Word was the second person.

So, we have one Yahweh (LORD) throughout the entire Bible, who is triune. One of those persons became flesh and live among humans and whose name alone is Jesus.

I know, that is what I have said many times. How did I make it “a bit more complicated than it needs to be”? The Word is the preincarnate Son, the second person of the Trinity. That is what the Bible shows.

We shouldn’t simplify things so much that we aren’t being clear on what the Bible says, right?

The Word was Yahweh (LORD), but Yahweh wasn’t the Word. Yahweh is triune and the Word was the second person.

So, we have one Yahweh (LORD) throughout the entire Bible, who is triune. One of those persons became flesh and live among humans and whose name alone is Jesus.
Using your phraseology, the I AM is YHWH who spoke to Moses from the burning bush.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back