Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jerusalem is the prostitute

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi Shilohsfoal
Really, you see that Jerusalem bombing a little bitty area of its own nation that has been overrun by terrorists as 'ruling over the kings of the earth'? Are you really being serious here? And then, I guess you don't see how all the other nations are up against what Isreal is doing, but in your mind, that means that they're ruling over the kings of the earth. I think I really do have it. Thanks.

God bless,
Ted
I've been watching Israel bomb Lebanon,Syria,Iraq,Iran,Egypt.
Israel has bombed whoever it has wanted to for about 75 years now.
Three horns were beaten by the little horn in 6 days.

Then you have to ask yourself .Since the ten horns hate the prostitute,why do they attack Jerusalem and kill the two witnesses?

The only city being attacked by those nations is Jerusalem.

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

All of those ten kings attack Jerusalem and take it.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

You won't find them attacking any other city in scripture.

You know, it comes to me, that my mention of the legal standing of the area surrounding the home of the Pope might also fit another descriptor.

“After that, in my vision at night I looked, and there before me was a fourth beast—terrifying and frightening and very powerful. It had large iron teeth; it crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot whatever was left. It was different from all the former beasts, and it had ten horns. “While I was thinking about the horns, there before me was another horn, a little one, which came up among them; and three of the first horns were uprooted before it. This horn had eyes like the eyes of a human being and a mouth that spoke boastfully.

The nation/city of Rome was a terrible beast with iron teeth as relates to its desire to conquer the rule of the known earth at that time. I believe that Rome ultimately consisted of the area ruled by 10 kings that it had established as semi-nation states that were a part of its overall political rule. The period known as the 'Imperium Romanum' the Roman Empire consisted of a vast amount of the globe surrounding the Mediterranean sea and up the western coast to the Scottish Isles. It was broken into areas over which there were 10 separate kings that ruled.

Then a little king comes up. But this king has greater power than the others. So, out of the side of the city of Rome grows Vatican city. A very small and meaningless city according to size or physical power, yet more powerful than any of the other kings. And as the Scriptures seem to include any place of people on the earth with a ruler as their head, it is a kingdom with a ruler. Thus among the 10 grew a small, but very powerful, horn.

Just food for thought on the matter. And the U.S. could fully be the beast that rises up out of the sea.

God bless,
Ted
The little horn ,Israel is different than the ten horns.the little horns religion is Judaism.The ten horns religion is Islam.
And the little horn has been bombing the other horns for decades showing the world just how strong it is.

4th strongest military

Hi Shilohsfoal
On what Scripture do you base that?

Oh what Scripture do you base that claim?

God bless,
Ted
All you have to do is look at the kingdom that will be given to the saints of the most high.That being the land promised to Abrahams seed.

1-the little horn is different than the ten.versr 24
2-the little horn appears stouter than the ten.verse 20
3-that kingdom is given to the saints .verse 27

24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

The kingdom that is given to the saints in verse 27 is the land promised to Abrahams seed.This kingdom given to the saints isn't Rome.

Galatians 3:16
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise

None of this has anything to do with Rome.Its about the land of the Lord.Your looking at the wrong kingdom.

Hi Shilohsfoal
I've been watching Israel bomb Lebanon,Syria,Iraq,Iran,Egypt.
Israel has bombed whoever it has wanted to for about 75 years now.
Three horns were beaten by the little horn in 6 days.

I also see the same things that you see that Israel is doing today. My problem is in agreement that such things would really be understood by God as being their ruling over those kings. I get it that Isreal is fighting with those kings. That's also prophesied. But that Jerusalem, the great city, is ruling over the kings of the earth? I just can't make that leap.

And yes, maybe three horns were beaten, but they were not plucked out of existence. Those people and nations that Israel beat in the 6 day war are still right there where they've long been. They haven't been plucked out.

You know, one of the problems with understanding the Scriptures, especially as it speaks of prophecies, is that we often don't take into account all the descriptors that are given to us to describe an event, past, present or future. Example: There are some who would claim that the parting of the Sea event was just some swampy reed filled relatively shallow water fixture. But when we read that a 'wall of water stood on their right hand and on their left. Somehow I can't relate that to some body of water that may have been 6' deep. When we then read that the return of that water wiped out an entire army, then I'm pretty sure it would have had to have been deeper than 10'. I mean, I have a hard time, even understanding that they might have been wearing some heavy armor, that an army of men would be completely wiped out by 10' of water. Surely their armor was merely belted around their body and they could, within a minute or two, which many people can hold their breath that long, get out of their heavy armor. Didn't anybody know how to swim in Egypt? And further, in 10-15' of water, how far could you have been out from shallower water where you could survive? Nobody could get out of that situation?

No, I go with God's word that it was a sea, named then and now as the Red Sea, and that God parted it and a wall of water stood on both their right hand and their left hand as they passed through on dry ground. Although the place where this most likely happened has now been renamed the Gulf of Aquaba, I believe at the time the Hebrews left Egypt, it was known as a part of the entire body of water that was known to them as the Red Sea.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Shilohsfoal

I also see the same things that you see that Israel is doing today. My problem is in agreement that such things would really be understood by God as being their ruling over those kings. I get it that Isreal is fighting with those kings. That's also prophesied. But that Jerusalem, the great city, is ruling over the kings of the earth? I just can't make that leap.

And yes, maybe three horns were beaten, but they were not plucked out of existence. Those people and nations that Israel beat in the 6 day war are still right there where they've long been. They haven't been plucked out.

You know, one of the problems with understanding the Scriptures, especially as it speaks of prophecies, is that we often don't take into account all the descriptors that are given to us to describe an event, past, present or future. Example: There are some who would claim that the parting of the Sea event was just some swampy reed filled relatively shallow water fixture. But when we read that a 'wall of water stood on their right hand and on their left. Somehow I can't relate that to some body of water that may have been 6' deep. When we then read that the return of that water wiped out an entire army, then I'm pretty sure it would have had to have been deeper than 10'. I mean, I have a hard time, even understanding that they might have been wearing some heavy armor, that an army of men would be completely wiped out by 10' of water. Surely their armor was merely belted around their body and they could, within a minute or two, which many people can hold their breath that long, get out of their heavy armor. Didn't anybody know how to swim in Egypt? And further, in 10-15' of water, how far could you have been out from shallower water where you could survive? Nobody could get out of that situation?

No, I go with God's word that it was a sea, named then and now as the Red Sea, and that God parted it and a wall of water stood on both their right hand and their left hand as they passed through on dry ground. Although the place where this most likely happened has now been renamed the Gulf of Aquaba, I believe at the time the Hebrews left Egypt, it was known as a part of the entire body of water that was known to them as the Red Sea.

God bless,
Ted
The three horns were plucked up out of the seven heads.The seven heads are seven hills on which Jerusalem sits.
The little horn has made Jerusalem it's capital.

The three horns were plucked up out of the seven heads.The seven heads are seven hills on which Jerusalem sits.
The little horn has made Jerusalem it's capital.
Honestly, now you seem to be going around in circles. Jerusalem sits on 7 hills. And it's known by the world to be the city on 7 hills? I mean, I expect that when God gives us a descriptor to let us understand when a part of His revelatory work is being done, that the descriptor is going to relate to pretty much something that everyone can see fulfills that descriptor.

In all that I've know, Jerusalem has never been known as a city of seven hills. In fact, if you Google that and pull up a map of Jerusalem, you'll see that a lot of the 'hills' that some are trying view as the '7 hills' are well outside of any city walls of Jerusalem that have ever existed. But, if you do the same thing concerning the city of Rome and it's 7 hills. They are all within the boundaries of the city of Rome.
You can see it on a map here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_hills_of_Rome

As I say, we have to match every descriptor, not just a few, and they will likely be descriptors that we recognize as they come to be in unfolding of the future. So the city of Rome is a city on seven hills from whence the 10 kings/kingdoms come. And out of those 10 kings will arise another that is smaller, but much more powerful than the others and will speak great blasphemies. I just can't see how all of those descriptors can fit Jerusalem, but we must each go with what we know to be the truth.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Shilohsfoal

God bless,
Ted
I would say that the children of Israel crossed the red sea about the same place where Napoleon crossed.But that just where I believed they crossed.

That was before they made a beast to worship though.

Honestly, now you seem to be going around in circles. Jerusalem sits on 7 hills. And it's known by the world to be the city on 7 hills? I mean, I expect that when God gives us a descriptor to let us understand when a part of His revelatory work is being done, that the descriptor is going to relate to pretty much something that everyone can see fulfills that descriptor.

In all that I've know, Jerusalem has never been known as a city of seven hills. In fact, if you Google that and pull up a map of Jerusalem, you'll see that a lot of the 'hills' that some are trying view as the '7 hills' are well outside of any city walls of Jerusalem that have ever existed. But, if you do the same thing concerning the city of Rome and it's 7 hills. They are all within the boundaries of the city of Rome.
You can see it on a map here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_hills_of_Rome

As I say, we have to match every descriptor, not just a few, and they will likely be descriptors that we recognize as they come to be in unfolding of the future. So the city of Rome is a city on seven hills from whence the 10 kings/kingdoms come. And out of those 10 kings will arise another that is smaller, but much more powerful than the others and will speak great blasphemies. I just can't see how all of those descriptors can fit Jerusalem, but we must each go with what we know to be the truth.

God bless,
Ted
Jerusalem has been known to have sit on seven hills for as long as I've been alive.

Jerusalem – Jerusalem's seven hills are Mount Scopus, Mount Olivet and the Mount of Corruption (all three are peaks in a mountain ridge that lies east of the Old City), Mount Ophel, the original Mount Zion, the New Mount Zion and the hill on which the Antonia Fortress was built.

You still have not explained why the beast which comes out of the abyss which the ten horns give their power to attacks Jerusalem and not Rome.

Scripture says they hate the prostitute and attack her.The bible shows them attacking Jerusalem.Not Rome.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

You keep insisting it's Rome but scripture says it's Jerusalem that is attacked.

Moderator note , some posts are gone , no personal remarks please .
TOS 1.3: Use self control and focus on reconcilliation when discussing differences. Address the issue, not the person. Do not make derogatory personal remarks or you will be removed from the thread.

Is the prostitute Rome, Jerusalem, USA? Is there a rapture? Will it be pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib? Is the anti-christ alive today? When will the temple be rebuilt?..... None of us got these popular interpretations of the book from God, we all read them from something some other person wrote. What if these popular views of Revelation have been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth? I would encourage you to 'forget' what you think you know about this book and read it fresh. Let God show you.

Features of Babylon/Babel in Revelation/Apocalypse and other bible books include:

Name means "mixture/confusion/babble" or "gateway of God/gods" (Genesis 10-11; Rev 18:6).
Is a woman/harlot/prostitute and "mother of all harlots and abominations" (Revelation 17:1, 5, 15-16, 18; 18:2).
Rides the 7/8 headed 10 horned beast (Revelation/Apocalypse 17:7).
Reigns over the kings of the earth (Rev 17:18).
Described as "made all the nations to drink of the wine of the wrath of her sexual immorality", and with whom the kings/princes of the earth commit fornication/harlotry with (Revelation/Apocalypse 14:8; 17:2; 18:3, 6, 9, 23).
Called "mystery Babylon" (Revelation/Apocalypse 17:5).
Called "the great (city)" (Revelation/Apocalypse 14:8; 16:19; 17:1, 5, 18; 18:2, 10, 16, 18-19, 21).
Said to oversee global free trade (Revelation/Apocalypse 18:3, 11, 15, 17, 19, 23).
Said to be responsible for most all martyrdoms, wars, & murders (Revelation/Apocalypse 17:6; 18:24).
Has 7 hills/mountains and is apparently intended for Rome (Revelation/Apocalypse 17:9).
Is also in the wilderness (Revelation/Apocalypse 17:3).
Sits in/amidst many waters (Rev 17:1, 15) (or "at the centre/heart of the waters")
Colours purple & scarlet (Rev 17:3; 18:16).
"decked with gold and precious stones and pearls" (Rev 17:4; 18:16).
Fire there similar to the fire of Rome (Rev 17:16; 18:8-9, 18).
Says "I sit a queen, and am no widow" (Rev 18:7).
Holds a golden cup/grail (Rev 17:4; 18:6).
"fallen is Babylon the great" (Rev 14:8; 18:2).

One world language/religion (in Genesis 10-11).
Builders of Tower (in Genesis 10-11).
Has Jewish/Semitic residents (in Daniel).
Matches the Lion / Gold head (in Daniel);
Temple vessels taken away to Babylon (1 Esdras 1:54).
Peter was supposedly there or passed on a greeting from there (1 Peter 5:13).
Centre of Babylonian world map.

Many of these features better fit Rome/Vatican than Jerusalem. Jerusalem is instead called "Sodom and Egypt".

Features of Babylon/Babel in Revelation/Apocalypse and other bible books include:

Name means "mixture/confusion/babble" or "gateway of God/gods" (Genesis 10-11; Rev 18:6).
Is a woman/harlot/prostitute and "mother of all harlots and abominations" (Revelation 17:1, 5, 15-16, 18; 18:2).
Rides the 7/8 headed 10 horned beast (Revelation/Apocalypse 17:7).
Reigns over the kings of the earth (Rev 17:18).
Described as "made all the nations to drink of the wine of the wrath of her sexual immorality", and with whom the kings/princes of the earth commit fornication/harlotry with (Revelation/Apocalypse 14:8; 17:2; 18:3, 6, 9, 23).
Called "mystery Babylon" (Revelation/Apocalypse 17:5).
Called "the great (city)" (Revelation/Apocalypse 14:8; 16:19; 17:1, 5, 18; 18:2, 10, 16, 18-19, 21).
Said to oversee global free trade (Revelation/Apocalypse 18:3, 11, 15, 17, 19, 23).
Said to be responsible for most all martyrdoms, wars, & murders (Revelation/Apocalypse 17:6; 18:24).
Has 7 hills/mountains and is apparently intended for Rome (Revelation/Apocalypse 17:9).
Is also in the wilderness (Revelation/Apocalypse 17:3).
Sits in/amidst many waters (Rev 17:1, 15) (or "at the centre/heart of the waters")
Colours purple & scarlet (Rev 17:3; 18:16).
"decked with gold and precious stones and pearls" (Rev 17:4; 18:16).
Fire there similar to the fire of Rome (Rev 17:16; 18:8-9, 18).
Says "I sit a queen, and am no widow" (Rev 18:7).
Holds a golden cup/grail (Rev 17:4; 18:6).
"fallen is Babylon the great" (Rev 14:8; 18:2).

One world language/religion (in Genesis 10-11).
Builders of Tower (in Genesis 10-11).
Has Jewish/Semitic residents (in Daniel).
Matches the Lion / Gold head (in Daniel);
Temple vessels taken away to Babylon (1 Esdras 1:54).
Peter was supposedly there or passed on a greeting from there (1 Peter 5:13).
Centre of Babylonian world map.

Many of these features better fit Rome/Vatican than Jerusalem. Jerusalem is instead called "Sodom and Egypt".
I don't remember any prophet of God ever having said anything bad about Rome.So it's best to not rewrite the word of God and change jerusalem to Rome.There is a reason this is written about Jerusalem and not Rome.You just need to understand the covent God made with israel.and not Rome and consider what sins Jerusalem commits that causes the wrath of God to befall Jerusalem and not Rome.For me it's not hard because I've already learned what sins are committed in Jerusalem and not Rome.

Ezekiel 9
9 He cried also in mine ears with a loud voice, saying, Cause them that have charge over the city to draw near, even every man with his destroying weapon in his hand.

2 And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, which lieth toward the north, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them was clothed with linen, with a writer's inkhorn by his side: and they went in, and stood beside the brasen altar.

3 And the glory of the God of Israel was gone up from the cherub, whereupon he was, to the threshold of the house. And he called to the man clothed with linen, which had the writer's inkhorn by his side;

4 And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:

6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

7 And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.

8 And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord God! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?

9 Then said he unto me, The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah is exceeding great, and the land is full of blood, and the city full of perverseness: for they say, The Lord hath forsaken the earth, and the Lord seeth not.

10 And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, but I will recompense their way upon their head.

11 And, behold, the man clothed with linen, which had the inkhorn by his side, reported the matter, saying, I have done as thou hast commanded me.

It's as if no one on this board understands that after the prostitute is stoned to death,then it will become a city of Righteousness.The prostitute will be found no more.

See how the faithful city
has become a prostitute!
She once was full of justice;
righteousness used to dwell in her—
but now murderers!
22 Your silver has become dross,
your choice wine is diluted with water.
23 Your rulers are rebels,
partners with thieves;
they all love bribes
and chase after gifts.
They do not defend the cause of the fatherless;
the widow’s case does not come before them.
24 Therefore the Lord, the Lord Almighty,
the Mighty One of Israel, declares:
“Ah! I will vent my wrath on my foes
and avenge myself on my enemies.
25 I will turn my hand against you;[b]
I will thoroughly purge away your dross
and remove all your impurities.
26 I will restore your leaders as in days of old,
your rulers as at the beginning.
Afterward you will be called
the City of Righteousness,
the Faithful City.”