Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Jesus Is Not Your Buddy.

This is godly fear because we sinners know we have sin and sin can't stand in the Presence of God . The lost will dread God but their fear will not save them in that day .they will confess but it will be a loathsome statement.

This is godly fear because we sinners know we have sin and sin can't stand in the Presence of God . The lost will dread God but their fear will not save them in that day .they will confess but it will be a loathsome statement.
I don't know if it could even be called fear on how we understand it. It's just realizing how powerful God must be, it's mind boggling.

I don't know if it could even be called fear on how we understand it.

Fear is the beginning of wisdom, but those who end there never grow to where they are really supposed to get. With spiritual maturity, it should transform into great love and intimacy with God. One of my favorite worship songs came back to me tonight, so I thought I'd share it in this context. Downplaying intimate expressions of one's love for God is not something I can relate to very well. I think it should be quite the opposite.

Be my universe
I don't want to give You just a little bit of my time
I don't want to separate out a day only
Be my universe
I don't want to give You my words like drops
I want a deluge of praise in my mouth

Be my universe
Be everything that I feel, and all that I think
Be my first breath in the morning, and the light in my window
Be my universe
Fill each of my thoughts
Your Presence and your Power will be my food,
Oh Jesus is my desire

Be my universe
I don't want to give You only part of my years
I want You to own my time, and my space
Be my universe
I don't want to do my will, I want to please You
And each dream that there is in me, I want to give to You

Be my universe
Be my universe
Fill each of my thoughts
Oh Jesus is my desire
Be my universe..

It seems the idea of intimacy many believers have necessitates casualness, a trite lightness in relating. To be intimate with God requires irreverence, a diminishment of Him; to get close to God, one must make Him small. Where is this written? Says who? As I've shown in this thread repeatedly, intimacy and casual familiarity aren't necessary to each other. God is more intimate with us than any human can be, but He is so without ever being less than He is.

It seems the idea of intimacy many believers have necessitates casualness, a trite lightness in relating. To be intimate with God requires irreverence, a diminishment of Him; to get close to God, one must make Him small. Where is this written? Says who? As I've shown in this thread repeatedly, intimacy and casual familiarity aren't necessary to each other. God is more intimate with us than any human can be, but He is so without ever being less than He is.

I can agree with that, although God being initiate with us is by no means a guarantee. He will only be as intimate with us as we choose to become intimate with Him. But yes, that's precisely what I think many do. They attempt to make the Creator of Heaven and earth intimate with their small little universe yet neglect to become intimate with His. So He remains small, and they continue to be the center of a world He is only a small part of.

Greater is He in us.

Fear is the beginning of wisdom, but those who end there never grow to where they are really supposed to get. With spiritual maturity, it should transform into great love and intimacy with God. One of my favorite worship songs came back to me tonight, so I thought I'd share it in this context. Downplaying intimate expressions of one's love for God is not something I can relate to very well. I think it should be quite the opposite.

Be my universe
I don't want to give You just a little bit of my time
I don't want to separate out a day only
Be my universe
I don't want to give You my words like drops
I want a deluge of praise in my mouth

Be my universe
Be my universe
Fill each of my thoughts