Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study JESUS OUR EXAMPLE and the APOSTLES OBEYED GOD'S LAW and the SABBATH!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
9) Do not promote a religion or belief other than Biblical and historical Christianity. (ToS 2.2)
Too many scripture references have already been provided, let's look at just a few Historical references....

The original churches generally held the Sabbath.
"The ancient
Christians were very careful in the observation of Saturday, or the seventh day...It is plain that all the Oriental churches, and the greatest part of the world, observed the Sabbath as a festival...Athanasius (A.D. 297-373, Bishop of Alexandria) likewise tells us that they held religious assemblies on the Sabbath, not because they were infected with Judaism, but to worship Jesus, the Lord of the Sabbath. Epiphanius says the same." (Antiquities of the Christian Church, Vol. II, Bk.xx, Ch.3, Sec 1, 66. 1136,1137)

The forsaking of the Sabbath, and the enforcing of Sunday observance was instigated by a Roman Emperor who was a devoted "Sun-Worshipper".
Here are bits and pieces from a letter he wrote in about A.D. 365 to the "heretics" (non-Catholics / true Christians), -"Forasmuch, then, as it is no longer possible to bear with your pernicious errors, we give warning by this present statute (Law) that none of you henceforth presume to assemble yourselves together. We have directed, accordingly, that you be deprived of all the houses in which you are accustomed to hold your assemblies....Take the far better course of entering the Catholic church."(Eusebius' -Life of Constantine, Book III) Commentary: Notice that even after more than 300 years Christians were still observing the Sabbath day.

In 781 the famous China Monument was inscribed in marble to tell of the growth of Christianity in China at that time. The inscription of 763 words was unearthed near the city of Changan in 1625 and now stands in the "Forest of Tablets" at Changan. The extract from the tablet states as follows. "On the SEVENTH-DAY we offer sacrifices, (possibly offerings of praise and thanksgiving) after having purified our hearts, and received absolution for our sins. This religion (Christianity), so perfect and so excellent, is difficult to name, but it enlightens darkness by its brilliant precepts.(Laws)" Christianity in China, Vol.I, Ch.2, pgs 48-49, by M. 1'Abbe Hue)

Sabbath observance was widespread and appears to have been opposed by the Roman Catholic Church. It was kept holy by Christians in Egypt in the third century, as the Oxyrhynchus Papyrus shows.(c. 200-250 A.D.)"Except ye make the Sabbath a real Sabbath [Greek, "sabbatize the Sabbath"], ye shall not see the Father." (The Oxyrhynchus Papyri, Pt. 1, pg 3, Logion 2, verses 4-11, London: Offices of the Egyptian Exploration Fund, 1898)

Early Church leader, Origen also enjoined the keeping of the Sabbath. "After the festival of the unceasing sacrifice (the crucifixion) is put the second festival of the Sabbath, and it is fitting for whoever is righteous among the saints to KEEP ALSO THIS FESTIVAL of the SABBATH. There remaineth therefore a sabbatismus, that is a keeping of the Sabbath, to the people of God."[Hebrews 4:9] (Homily on Numbers 23, para. 4, in Migne, Patrologia Groeca, Vol. 12, cols. 749,750)

The early church taught the Sabbath was for God's work of providence and meditation on His way of life."Thou shalt observe the Sabbath, on account of Him who ceased from His work of creation, but ceased not from His work of providence; it is a rest for meditation of the law, not for idleness of the hands." (Constitution of the Holy Apostles, Ante-Nicene Fathers, Vol. 7, pg 413, 3rd century) This was over 300 years after the resurrection of Christ.

Although the abolishment of the Sabbath and establishment of Sunday worship came through the Roman Catholic church, they freely admit there is absolutely no Biblical authority for it. Notice these statements by Roman Catholic Cardinal Gibbon, -"Is not every Christian obliged to sanctify SUNDAY, and to abstain on that day from unnecessary servile work? Is not the observance of this LAW among the most prominent of our sacred duties? But you may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of SUNDAY. The SCRIPTURES enforce the religious observance of SATURDAY (Seventh-day), a day we never sanctify." (Faith of our Fathers, by Cardinal Gibbon)

According to the noted historian, H.G. Wells, Christian Sunday worship was borrowed from Pagan Sun-Worship. "During this indefinite time a considerable amount of a sort of theocrasia (intimate union) seems to have gone on between the Christian cult and the almost equally popular and widely diffused Mithraic cult, and the cult Serapis-Isis-Horus. From the former it would seem the Christians ADOPTED SUNDAY as their chief DAY OF WORSHIP instead of the Jewish SABBATH." (The Outline of History 1, pg 455)

In an effort to stamp out Sabbath keeping the Roman church commanded Christians to fast on that day. (Go without food or water, 24 hours). From canon 26 of the Council of Elvira (c.305 A.D.) It appears that the Christian church in Spain were Sabbath keepers. Rome had introduced the practice of fasting on the Sabbath to counteract Sabbath keeping. Pope Sylvester (314-335) was the first to ORDER the churches to fast on the Sabbath, and Pope Innocent (402-417) made it a binding law in the churches that obeyed him.

The Sabbath keeping Churches in Persia underwent forty years of persecution under Shapur II from 335 to 375 specifically because they were Sabbath keepers. "They despise our SUN-GOD. Did not Zoroaster (Prophet of Mithra, the sun-god), the sainted founder of our divine beliefs, institute Sunday one thousand years ago in honour of the sun and supplant the Sabbath of the Old Testament. Yet these Christians have divine services on Saturday." (The Syriac Church and Fathers, by O'Leary, pg 83-84)

The Sabbath was kept in the early Eastern Churches, and some Churches of the West. "For in the Church ofMillaine (Milan), it seemes that Saturday was held in a farre esteeme... Not that the Easterne Churches, or any of the rest which observed that day were inclined to Judaism; but that they came together on the Sabbath day, to worship Jesus Christ the Lord of the Sabbath." (History of the Sabbath, Dr. Peter Heylyn, London 1636, Part 2, para. 5, pgs 73-74)

Sabbath keeping was the original position of the Church. "Sabbath-keeping, the original position of the Church, had spread west into Europe and from Palestine it spread East into India (Early Spread of Christianity, Mingana, Vol. 10, pg 460) and then into China. The introduction of Sabbath-keeping to India caused a controversy in Buddhism in 220 A.D. According to Lloyd (The Creed of Half Japan, pg 23), the Kushan Dynasty of North India called a council of Buddhist priests at Vaisalia to bring uniformity among the Buddhist monks on the observance of their weekly Sabbath." Even many Buddhist monks embraced the Sabbath after receiving and studying the Holy Bible.

Notice this puzzling quote from the historian Socrates. "For although almost all Churches throughout the world celebrate the sacred mysteries on the Sabbath every week, yet the Christians of Alexandria and Rome (Catholics), on account of some ancient tradition, refuse to do this." (Ecclesiastical History, Socrates, Bk 5, Ch.22, pg 289) This ancient tradition was the keeping of Sunday as their day of worship. Sunday worship existed long before the birth of Jesus Christ.

The Roman Catholic Church pronounced all Christians keeping the Sabbath as being condemned and cut off from Christ. Council of Laodicea (c.366), Canon 29, -"Christians must not Judaize by resting on the Sabbath, but must work on that day honouring rather the Lord's day (reference to Sunday) by resting, if possible, as Christians. However if any shall be found Judaizing, let them be ANATHEMA for Christ." (Mansi, II, pgs 569-570, also Hefele Councils, Vol. 2, b. 6) Notice the definition of "anathema" according to the World Book Dictionary, -"A person or thing that is utterly detested or condemned." And, -"A solemn curse by church authorities excommunicating some person from the church." Also, -"The act of denouncing and condemning some person or thing as evil."

There are too many more historical references these are but a few...

9) Do not promote a religion or belief other than Biblical and historical Christianity. (ToS 2.2)

My dear friend, scripture and historical Christianity is all I have been promoting.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
God's 4th commandment says that it is the 7th day we are to rest on. Is this the day you keep Holy as God has asked?

Personally I esteem everyday as Holy because I am in Christ.

The day I prefer to rest though is Saturday.

JLB

Personally I esteem everyday as Holy because I am in Christ.
The day I prefer to rest though is Saturday.
JLB

Hi JBL,

We should worship God everyday but God's Word says only the 7th day is God's Sabbath and is a Holy day (Exodus 20:8-11).

On this day no work is to be done. If everyday was a Holy day then no one would be able to work.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men every where to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (Acts 17:30-31)

Hope this helps..

Last edited:
We should worship God everyday but God's Word says only the 7th day is God's Sabbath and is a Holy day (Exodus 20:8-11).

God's word says that those who violate the Sabbath, should be put to death.

15 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does anywork on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Exodus 31:15

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

Traveling to Church on the Sabbath, as well as, the Pastor and staff must work on that day to serve the congregation and bring the word of God.

How is that keeping the Sabbath?

Makes no sense.

JLB

Hi JBL seems you are just repeating the same things now.

We may have to agree to disagree. As I do not believe the scriptures support your view and I have demonstred why I do not believe as you do by sharing God's Word.

Do you believe it is a sin to eat pork?

JLB

God's word says that those who violate the Sabbath, should be put to death. 15 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does anywork on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Exodus 31:15

Hi JBL,

Great question but it has really already been addressed in post # 21 linked.
As already mentioned the DEATH Penalty was a part of the CIVIL laws of Israel in the Old covenant.

There was a death penalty for everyone who openly broke nearly all of God's LAW (10 commandments) under the CIVIL laws of the Old Covenant. Of course we are in the New Covenant now.

These CIVIL laws were to teach God's people that the "WAGES of SIN" were death. IN the NEW Covenant that death penalty has not ceased but will be executed at the 2nd coming for those that reject the GIFT of God's dear son (Romans 6:23; Hebrews 10:26-27; Matthew 7:19; 2 Cor 5:10; 2 Peter 3:10; Matt 25:46; Romans 2:5; 2 Peter 2:1-9; Matthew 16:27; Romans 2:12 etc..)

The CIVIL laws of Moses only apply to the nation of Israel under the Old Covenant and are NOT applicable to those in the NEW Covenant as we are only to obey the laws of the land in the country that we are living in. The following is a list of the other CIVIL laws for the death penalty where people openly broke God's LAW in Israel in the Old Covenant...

Civil Law DEATH penalties for the law of Moses
  1. Serving other Gods (Deut 13:6-18; 1Sam 26:19)
  2. Idolatary (Deut 13:1-10; 17:2-5; 27:15; Deut 7:25-26)
  3. Using God's name in vain (Lev 24:10-17 )
  4. Breaking God's Sabbath (Exodus 31:14-15; 35:2)
  5. Dishonor Parents (Lev 20:9; Deut 21:18-21; Ex 21:17)
  6. Murder (Ex 21:12-14)
  7. Adultery (Lev 20:10; John 8:5)
  8. Stealing (kidnapping) (Exodus 20:6)
  9. Lying (Deuteronomy 19:15-21)
The CIVIL laws of Moses were to teach God's people that the punishment for SIN was death. This is the same in the NEW Covenant but only carried out at the 2nd coming. It was also a Shadow that is yet to be fulfilled pointing to the 2nd coming (see scriptures above).

So under the NEW Covenant this DEATH sentance is carried out at the 2nd coming against all those who reject God's Word and refuse the GIFT of God's dear son.

Did you have anything new to add? It is really not very hard to understand.
Traveling to Church on the Sabbath, as well as, the Pastor and staff must work on that day to serve the congregation and bring the word of God. How is that keeping the Sabbath? Makes no sense. JLB
Makes plenty of sense. We are in the New Covenant now. Jesus is our example in all things and taight us it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath and that it is not breaking the Sabbath to do good. His custom as well as the disciples was also to travel to the Sabbath and teach in the Synogogue and we are told not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together in Hebrews 10:25.

The Jews had placed so many restrictions and on the Sabbath that it had become a burden to the people (context is Matt 12:2; see also Matt 12:10; Mark 2:24; 3:2-4 Luke 6:2; 7-9; 13:10-16 etc.) Then in Matt 12:10-12 in the same chapter Jesus goes on to say it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath! Jesus came to teach us how to keep the Sabbath and it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath (Mark 3:4; Luke 6:9) and is why Jesus says that the Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath (Mark 2:27). This is why God’s Word says If anyone is knowingly and wilfully breaking any of the 10 commandments, including the 7th Day Sabbath you are deceiving yourself and not obeying or following God (James 2:8-12).

What did Jesus and the Apostles teach about the Sabbath in the New Testament……….

1. It is lawful to do good on the Sabbath (Matt 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56)
2. Jesus made the Sabbath for all mankind (Hebrews 1:2; John 1:1-3; 14; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:16-17; Mark 2:27)
3. Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28)
4. If you do not believe and follow God you cannot enter His Sabbath rest (Hebrews 4)
5. It is one of God’s 10 commandments we break it we are guilty or breaking all (James 2:8-12)
6. Breaking it is sin (1 John 3:4)
7. God’s true followers keep it Holy as God commanded (Rev 14:12; Rev 22:14; Eze 20:20)
8. Jesus is our example and he kept the Sabbath (Matt 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; John 2:6; Matt 16:24;)
9. The Apostle kept the Sabbath (Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Rev 1:10)

God’s Law in the NC is written on our hearts it is through love and it is love the fulfils God’s Law in us as we walk not after the flesh but after the spirit and is why Jesus says f you love me keep my commandments. (John 14:15; John 15:10). If we knowingly break one of God’s commandments we commit sin (1 John 3:4). This includes the 7th Day Sabbath which Jesus made for us and commands us to keep as a holy day.

We are in the NEW Covenant now my friend and free from man made traditions which break the commandments of God if we BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD as our guide.

There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men every where to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (Acts 17:30-31)

Hope this helps..

Last edited:
Hi JBL,

Great question but it has really already been addressed in post # 21 linked.
As already mentioned the DEATH Penalty was a part of the CIVIL laws of Israel in the Old covenant.

There was a death penalty for everyone who openly broke nearly all of God's LAW (10 commandments) under the CIVIL laws of the Old Covenant. Of course we are in the New Covenant now.

You quoted Exodus 20:8-11 claiming it is the word of God.

I quoted Exodus 31:15 claiming it is the word of God.

If we are going to keep any of the law of Moses then we had better keep them all, or be cursed.

It's that simple.

Either the Church is to obey all of the law of Moses or none of it.

• Here is what Most Christians don't seem to understand.

The commandments of God did not begin with Moses, as Abraham walked in them and obeyed them 430 years before the law was added to that covenant.

4 And I will make your descendants multiply as the stars of heaven; I will give to your descendants all these lands; and in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed; 5 because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.” Genesis 26:4-5

• Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.”

• As you said, the Sabbath was instituted in Genesis 2.
  • Cain was punished for murder in the garden.
  • Able tithed thousands of years before Moses.

These laws were a part of the covenant between Abraham and the Lord, in which Abraham learned them directly from God by faith.

So when the law was added to the Abrahamic Covenant, then 10 commandments were already a part of that covenant.

What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator. Galatians 3:19

• It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come

When the law was of Moses was nailed the cross and abolished in His flesh, the commandments. and laws of God remained.

We are grafted into the Abrahamic Covenant, which has been renewed, by faith in Jesus Christ.

• That is why I believe we need to keep the commandments of God, which are written on our heart.
  • That is why I believe we are not to keep the Sabbath according to the law of Moses.

JLB

You quoted Exodus 20:8-11 claiming it is the word of God.
I quoted Exodus 31:15 claiming it is the word of God.

This is where the problem lies. I quoted from one of the 10 commandments. You quoted from one of the penalties under CIVIL laws of Israel from the Old Covenant for BREAKING one of God's commandments.

I posted the other references to the DEATH penalties for the CIVIL laws of Moses for BREAKING God's commandments below because your application was soley to the 4th commandment when in fact the CIVIL law DEATH penalty appled to most of the 10 commandment............

Civil Law DEATH penalties for the law of Moses
  1. Serving other Gods (Deut 13:6-18; 1Sam 26:19)
  2. Idolatary (Deut 13:1-10; 17:2-5; 27:15; Deut 7:25-26)
  3. Using God's name in vain (Lev 24:10-17 )
  4. Breaking God's Sabbath (Exodus 31:14-15; 35:2)
  5. Dishonor Parents (Lev 20:9; Deut 21:18-21; Ex 21:17)
  6. Murder (Ex 21:12-14)
  7. Adultery (Lev 20:10; John 8:5)
  8. Stealing (kidnapping) (Exodus 20:6)
  9. Lying (Deuteronomy 19:15-21)

Now, same DEATH penalty for openly sinning under CIVIL law in Israel for openly BREAKING most of God's 10 commandments. We are not the nation of Israel living in the OLD Covenant. We are in the New Covenant.

It is not difficult to understand that we are talking about two different applications of law here. I am quoting one of the 10 commandments of God's LAW (10 commandments) you are quoting the scripture on the PENALTY for breaking God's LAW under the CIVIL laws of Moses to Israel under the Old Covenant.

We are in the NEW Covenant now. The application of the DEATH penalty for SIN in the NEW covenant takes place at the 2nd coming to all those practiing SIN because they reject the GIFT of God's dear son. (Romans 6:23; Hebrews 10:26-27; Matthew 7:19; 2 Cor 5:10; 2 Peter 3:10; Matt 25:46; Romans 2:5; 2 Peter 2:1-9; Matthew 16:27; Romans 2:12 etc..)

God's LAW is the standard of SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS and the penalty for SIN under the CIVIL laws of Moses wa DEATH for the nation of Israel under the OLD Covenant.

Unless you are living in the nation of Israel under the Old Covenant then those laws do not apply to you.

Are you able under the NEW Covenant to commit adultery?
Are you able under the NEW Covenant to lie?
Are you able under the NEW Covenant to steal?
Are you able under the NEW Covenant to murder anyone?
Are you able under the NEW Covenant to use God's name in vain?
Are you able under the NEW Covenant to dishonor your parents?
Are you able under the NEW Covenant to serve other Gods?
Are you able under the NEW Covenant to make idols of things?

My friend how many commandments are in God's 10 commandments? (hint; Exodus 34:28; Deuteronomy 4:13; Deuteronomy 10:4)

Now if you answered NO you cannot break God's LAW (10 commandments) in the NEW Covenant you answered correctly. Just like you could not break any of the other commandments in the Old Covenant because that would be committing SIN correct, because SIN is the transgression of God's LAW and as the scriptures says, if we continue in known unrepentant SIN the WAGES of SIN = DEATH because those practicing SIN have rejected the GIFT of God's dear son (Romans 6:23; Hebrews 10:26-27)

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to just like all the other 10 commandments, we stand guilty before God of committing SIN (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

The CIVIL laws of Moses were to teach God's people that the punishment for SIN was death. This is the same in the NEW Covenant but only carried out at the 2nd coming. It was also a Shadow that is yet to be fulfilled pointing to the 2nd coming (see scriptures above).

So under the NEW Covenant this DEATH sentance is carried out at the 2nd coming against all those who reject God's Word and refuse the GIFT of God's dear son.

If we are going to keep any of the law of Moses then we had better keep them all, or be cursed. It's that simple. Either the Church is to obey all of the law of Moses or none of it.

It seems you have your laws mixed up again.

Under the OLD Covenant, what was the purpose of God's LAW (10 commandments) written on stone and made by God himself and spoken by God to his poeple and what is the purpose of the Mosiac laws for remission of sin written by Moses in a book and spoken by Moses to the poeple?

Now, to me reading your posts, one moment you are arguing that you need to be obedient to God's LAW and then in the next breath preaching God's LAWS or some of them are not a requirement of Faith. I refer you to your post # 18. This is despite James saying that if we break one of God's 10 commandments we stand guilty before God in SIN as if we have broken all of them (James 2:8-12). As you have said in your post...

I am 100 % for obeying the commandments.
I am against obeying the Sabbath according to the law of Moses.
JLB

This is indeed a contradiction of claims. It is like saying I am 100% for obeying Gods 10 commandments, then saying in the next breath no I mean only 9/10 commandments. How does this make any sense when God's LAW has 10 commandments and God's 4th commandment is one of the 10?

How can you say in one breath you are 100% for obeying the commandments of God when you disregard the 4th commandment?
We are grafted into the Abrahamic Covenant, which has been renewed, by faith in Jesus Christ.
  • That is why I believe we need to keep the commandments of God, which are written on our heart.
  • That is why I believe we are not to keep the Sabbath according to the law of Moses.
JLB

Ditto, same as above you are stating a contrdiction of terms. How does this make any sense when God's LAW has 10 commandments and God's 4th commandment is one of the 10?

Last edited:
Hello Soul man,

So nice to meet you here. Thanks for the great post. I enjoyed reading the scriptures you posted I love every one of them.

Now so there is no misunderstanding I believe everyone of the scritpures you posted and love them. Of course we are saved by grace through faith; and that not of ourselves: it is the gift of God and not of works, lest any man should boast (Ephesians 2:8).

I do NOT believe or have ever taught that we are saved by the works of the LAW.

It's never been about following the law its always been about following Christ by faith through love alone. Faith that works by love is what fulfills God's Law in those that walk in His Spirit (Romans 13:8-10).

Obedience is only the fruit of faith and a sign that someone is genuinely following God's Word (Matthew 7:17-27). If you seek obedience without faith you will never attain it because this is the gift of God written on the heart (Ephesians 2:8; Galatians 2:16; Hebrews 8:10-12).

But if you believe God's Word, your faith will be counted for righteousness in God's eyes (Romans 1:17; Philippians 3:9). If your faith does not have the fruit of obedience (God's work in you) than you are still in your sins and have not seen him or known him and your faith is dead (Philippians 2:13; Hebrews 10:26-27; 1 John 2:2-4; 1 John 3:3-9).

What we are talking about is SIN and how SIN will keep all who practice it OUT of God's Kingdom. If you profess to have saving FAITH but your faith does NOT have the FRUIT of OBEDIENCE to God's Word then your faith is DEAD and you are still in your SINS and do not KNOW him who calls us in LOVE to LOVE all as he first LOVED us. LOVE is the fulfilling of the LAW in those who walk by FAITH in God's Spirit. (James 2:18; 20; 26; Romans 13:8-10; 1 John 3:3-10; James 2:8-12; Matthew 7:13-20)

There are only two classes of people spoken about in God's Word. These are those that follow God by Faith through LOVE and those that do not. Those that do NOT BELIEVE have rejected His Word. Those that have NOT Heard the WORD are ignorant and God winks at. Those that have heard the Word however and have rejected God's Word are UNBELIEVERS and unless they repent and confess their SINS they WILL NOT Enter into God's Kingdom (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Hope this helps..
It's never been about following the law its always been about following Christ by faith through love alone. Faith that works by love is what fulfills God's Law in those that walk in His Spirit (Romans 13:8-10).

So after salvation we would then begin to use law to please God, am I reading right. Also walking in the spirit, how does this all come about.

So after salvation we would then begin to use law to please God, am I reading right. Also walking in the spirit, how does this all come about.

Good morning Soul man, (my time) sorry for the slow reply, I just woke up :sleep

Great question, what do the scriptures say?

Col 2:6
As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him

2 Co 5:7
For we walk by faith, not by sight

Romans 8
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2, For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3, For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin,1 condemned sin in the flesh:
4, That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

For those who BELIEVE do enter into God's REST of the NEW COVENANT of LOVE and the God's LAW written in the HEART through FAITH in those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW his Word. (Matt 22:36-40; Hebrews 8:10-12; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12; 1 John 5:4)

God's LAW (10 commandments) retains the same role that it always has and that is to provide a KNOWLEDGE of SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS it makes nothing perfect but only tells us what SIN is and what RIGHTEOUSNESS is.

But UNDER the NEW COVENANT of FAITH in God's WORD of creation, LOVE is the operation of GOD in the heart of those who BELIEVE and LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW in those who walk in His Spirit by FAITH.

We LOVE him because he FIRST LOVED us and throug LOVE we FOLLOW him who call us and is why Jesus says; If you LOVE me keep my COMMANDMENTS (John 14:15; 15:10) because LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW in those who BELIEVE (Romans 13:8-10).

SIN is the transgression of God's LAW and if we are still IN our SINS we have neither SEEN him or KNOW him (1 John 3:6-8) and need to seek him in REPENTANCE and FORGIVENESS before we can KNOW him and walk with HIM in LOVE (Acts 2:38; 3:19; 5:32; 1 John 1:9; Jer 29:13)

So to answer your question? No, we do not use God's LAW to please him. We are sinners in need of a Saviour. Faith pleases God. By Faith he saves us because all we can do without HIM is SIN. Obedinece is the FRUIT of FAITH in those who BELIEVE God's Word.

If your FAITH does not have the FRUIT of OBEDIENCE then you are still in your SINS and do not KNOW him who LOVES you (James 2:18; 20; 26; 1 John 3:6-8) and you need to seek him in REPENTANCE and FORGIVENESS.

Hope this helps..

Last edited:
Makes plenty of sense. We are in the New Covenant now.

Exactly, so why do you quote OT scriptures that pertain to the law of Moses to validate your claim we must keep the Sabbath according to the law.

Please post a New Testament scripture that says we are to keep the Sabbath, according to the law.

JLB

Good morning Soul man, (my time) sorry for the slow reply, I just woke up :sleep

Great question, what do the scriptures say?

Col 2:6
As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him

2 Co 5:7
For we walk by faith, not by sight

Romans 8
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2, For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3, For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin,1 condemned sin in the flesh:
4, That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

For those who BELIEVE do enter into God's REST of the NEW COVENANT of LOVE and the God's LAW written in the HEART through FAITH in those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW his Word. (Matt 22:36-40; Hebrews 8:10-12; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12; 1 John 5:4)

God's LAW (10 commandments) retains the same role that it always has and that is to provide a KNOWLEDGE of SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS it makes nothing perfect but only tells us what SIN is and what RIGHTEOUSNESS is.

But UNDER the NEW COVENANT of FAITH in God's WORD of creation, LOVE is the operation of GOD in the heart of those who BELIEVE and LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW in those who walk in His Spirit by FAITH.

We LOVE him because he FIRST LOVED us and throug LOVE we FOLLOW him who call us and is why Jesus says; If you LOVE me keep my COMMANDMENTS (John 14:15; 15:10) because LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW in those who BELIEVE (Romans 13:8-10).

SIN is the transgression of God's LAW and if we are still IN our SINS we have neither SEEN him or KNOW him (1 John 3:6-8) and need to seek him in REPENTANCE and FORGIVENESS before we can KNOW him and walk with HIM in LOVE (Acts 2:38; 3:19; 5:32; 1 John 1:9; Jer 29:13)

So to answer your question? No, we do not use God's LAW to please him. We are sinners in need of a Saviour. Faith pleases God. By Faith he saves us because all we can do without HIM is SIN. Obedinece is the FRUIT of FAITH in those who BELIEVE God's Word.

If your FAITH does not have the FRUIT of OBEDIENCE then you are still in your SINS and do not KNOW him who LOVES you (James 2:18; 20; 26; 1 John 3:6-8) and you need to seek him in REPENTANCE and FORGIVENESS.

Hope this helps..
Keeping the Sabbath is an act of not working, etc...
People were to rest and spend time with God.
Not many people went to Synagogues or Temples every Sabbath.
Nor do they do that today.
It was never a requirement except for festivals.
Christians going to worship God at a building on Sundays should not be a replacement for taking a day off to spend with God.

Exactly, so why do you quote OT scriptures that pertain to the law of Moses to validate your claim we must keep the Sabbath according to the law. Please post a New Testament scripture that says we are to keep the Sabbath, according to the law. JLB

Good morning JBL (my time) hope you are well today.

Now JBL, I see you have ignored all my questions and yet expect me to answer all yours, is that fair?

It is ok you do not need to answer my question if you do not wish to I understand.

Do you know what the purpose is of God's LAW (10 commandments)?

The purpose of God's LAW (10 commandments) is to give us a KNOWLEDGE of SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS (Good and Evil). It makes nothing perfect but points out what SIN is. (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; James 2:11; 1 John 3:4). So that all the world may become guilty before God (Romans 3:19).

God's LAW shows us that we are SINNERS in need of a Savior. If you do NOT have God's LAW as some people teach then you have NO KNOWLDGE of what SIN is. If you have NO KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is then you have NO NEED of a Savior. If you have NO NEED of a Savior you have NO SLAVATION. If you have NO SALVATION then you are LOST in your SINS because it is written;

Rom 2:12
For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law

God's LAW written on stone and made by God and spoken by God himself has 10 commandments. If we break ONE of them we stand guilty before GOD in SIN therefore breaking ALL of them because it is written;

James 2
If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
9, But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10, For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
11, For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Where does it say in the NEW TESTAMENT that God's 4th commandment has been ABOLSIHED and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS IN THE NEW TESTAMENT

You shall have no other gods before Me.
It is written: You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only you shall serve. (Luke 4:8; Matthew 4:10; Revelation 14:7)

You must not make for yourself a carved image, a likeness of anything in heaven, on earth, or under the sea.
God is Spirit and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. (John 4:24; Acts 15:20; 1 Corinthians 6:9; Ephesians 5:5; 1 Peter 4:3; 1 John 5:21; Revelation 2:14)

You shall not take the Name of the Lord your God in vain.
(1 Timothy 6:1, James 2:7)

Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
The Sabbath [seventh day] was made for man, not man for the Sabbath, so the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath. (Mark 2:27-28, Hebrews 4; Matthew 12:8; Matthew 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56(Mark 2:28; Matthew 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; John 2:6; Matthew 16:24; Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Revelations 1:10 Is binding on all mankind today COL 2:14-17 THE REAL TRUTH THREAD (Linked)

Honour your father and mother.
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. (Ephesians 6:1; Colossians 3:20; Matthew 15:4; Matthew 19:19)

You shall not murder.
I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:44-45; Matt. 5:21-26; Romans 13:9; 1 Timothy 1:9; 1 John 3:15; James 2:11; Matthew 19:18)

You shall not commit adultery.
I say to you whoever even looks at another in lust has already committed adultery in their heart. (Matthew 5:28, 1 Cor. 5:11, 1 Cor. 6:18, Galatians 5:19, Hebrews 13:4, James 2:11, Matthew 19:19, Romans 13:9)

You shall not steal.
Neither thieves, the greedy, or drunkards and robbers will inherit the Kingdom. (1 Corinthians 6:10, Romans 2:21, Mark 7:21, Ephesians 4:28, Romans 13:9, Matthew 19:18)

You shall not bear false witness.
For by your words, you will be justified and by your words you will be condemned. (Matthew 15:19, Ephesians 4:25, Col. 3:9; Matthew 19:18, Romans 13:9)

You shall not covet your neighbours possessions.
Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist of the things he possesses. (Luke 12:15, Romans 7:7, Ephesians 5:3, 1 Tim. 6:10, Hebrews 13:5, Romans 13:9)

You are confusing your rules and regulations with the Mosaic laws written in a book that where shadows of things to come (Colossians 2)

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

Seems God's Word is true; Every argument sounds good until the other side is heard.....

May God bless you as you seek him through His Word.

Last edited:
Acts 15 has no reference in relation to Gods' LAW (10 commandments) it is referring to the Mosaic law written in the book of the law of Moses.
Act 15:24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, You must be circumcised and keep the law
—to whom we gave no such commandment—

Do you see those words?
Do you see the words: "keep the law"?

Act 15:28-29 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well.
Farewell.

By that statement that statement, the Gentile Christians at Antioch are told what the HOLY SPIRIT set as requirements for them.

And "God's Law includes ALL of the Law of Moses, not just the 10 commandments.

The Sabbath [seventh day] was made for man, not man for the Sabbath, so the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.
Why is this the only command that Jesus and the others did not repeat as a command?
"The Sabbath [seventh day] was made for man, not man for the Sabbath" really does not say the same thing as "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it Holy." Some of the verses you list as 'proof' had nothing to do with the sabbath.

... and what of Colossians 2:16-19 NASB
16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ. 18 Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind, 19 and not holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God.

Is there any reason that I cannot 'hold fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God' and worship Christ on Sunday with my fellow Christians who are also part of the same body of Christ?

You also failed to mention Exodus 31:16 NASB "So the sons of Israel shall observe the sabbath, to celebrate the sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant" which makes clear the fact that the Sabbath was a covenant command between God and the sons of Israel. I am not a son of Israel.

Keeping the Sabbath is an act of not working, etc...
People were to rest and spend time with God. Not many people went to Synagogues or Temples every Sabbath. Nor do they do that today. It was never a requirement except for festivals. Christians going to worship God at a building on Sundays should not be a replacement for taking a day off to spend with God.

Hi Allen,

Yes and No. You can choose to stay home on the Sabbath or go out if you wish to. You are correct in saying that the annual festivals were a requirement for God's people to meet and gather together but you are not correct to say that God's people did not meet together on the weekly Sabbath.

you may have missed these scriptures.....

Acts 15:21
21, For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues EVERY SABBATH day.

Jesus....

Luke 4
So He (Jesus) came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read.

MATTHEW 4
And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

MATTHEW 9
And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.

MARK 6
And when the Sabbath day came, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From where has this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given to him, that even such mighty works are done by his hands?

Paul....

Acts 17
Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where there was a synagogue of the Jews.
2, Then Paul, as his custom was, went in to them, and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures,
3, explaining and demonstrating that the Messiah had to suffer and rise again from the dead, and [saying], "This Christ whom I preach to you is the Messiah."
4, And some of them were persuaded; and a great multitude of the devout Greeks, and not a few of the leading women, joined Paul and Silas.

Acts 13:
Now when Paul and his party set sail from Paphos, they came to Perga in Pamphylia; and John, departing from them, returned to Jerusalem.
14, But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day and sat down.
15, And after the reading of the Law and the Prophets, the rulers of the synagogue sent to them, saying, "Men [and] brethren, if you have any word of exhortation for the people, say on.

Acts 13:42
So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath.

Acts 13
Now when the congregation had broken up, many of the Jews and devout proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God
44, On the next Sabbath almost the whole city came together to hear the word of God.

Acts 16
Therefore, sailing from Troas, we ran a straight course to Samothrace, and the next [day] came to Neapolis,
12, and from there to Philippi, which is the foremost city of that part of Macedonia, a colony. And we were staying in that city for some days.
13, And on the Sabbath day we went out of the city to the riverside, where prayer was customarily made; and we sat down and spoke to the women who met [there].

Acts 18
After these things Paul departed from Athens and went to Corinth.
2, And he found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, who had recently come from Italy with his wife Priscilla (because Claudius had commanded all the Jews to depart from Rome); and he came to them.
3, So, because he was of the same trade, he stayed with them and worked; for by occupation they were tentmakers.
4, And he reasoned in the synagogue EVERY Sabbath, and persuaded both Jews and Greeks.

Hope this helps..

Last edited:
Act 15:24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, “You must be circumcised and keep the law”
—to whom we gave no such commandment—
Do you see those words?
Do you see the words: "keep the law"?

Act 15:28-29
For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well.
Farewell.

By that statement that statement, the Gentile Christians at Antioch are told what the HOLY SPIRIT set as requirements for them.

Hi Jim, good morning (my time)

This has already been covered already in some detail in post # 5 for anyone interested however I am happy to talk about it further if you wish. The scripture you quote above only supports what I have been sharing with you and that is the CONTEXT of Acts 15 is....

Acts 15
And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, EXCEPT YOU BE CIRCUMCISED AFTER THE MANNER OF MOSES, YOU CANNOT BE SAVED.

What is being discussed here is not God's LAW (10 commandments) it is the Mosaic law of CIRCUMCISION as a requirement for SALVATION for new Gentile believer. Now notice very carefull at the conclusion of the CONTEXT subject which was the claim that CIRCUMCISION was a REQUIREMENT of SALVATION...

19, Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:
20, But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.<WHY?>
21, For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

The new Gentile BELIEVERS were to continue learning God's Word getting instuction at the Synagogue EVERY Sabbath.

This chapter has nothing to do with Gentiles not obeying God’s LAW (10 commandments) it is about CIRCUMCSION in the Mosaic law being a REQUIREMENT for SALVATION v1-5

You interpret Acts 15 as saying that Gentile believers are not required by FAITH to be OBEDIENT to God's LAW (10 commandments). If you follow this view through to its logical conclusion, Gentile believers can go kill, steal, covet murder and break all of God’s commandments as long as they abstain from things contaminated by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood v20.

I am sure you do not believe this, do you Jim? God’s WORD certainly does not teach this as it says those who are living a life of KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN because those who are practicing SIN have rejected the GIFT of God’s dear son (Hebrews 10:26-27).

Now if you still continue to advocate the above try reconcilling all the scriptures on the first two pages of the OP the disagree with your interpretation of God's Word.

And "God's Law includes ALL of the Law of Moses, not just the 10 commandments

Actually, NO Jim this is not true at all and you have been avoinding my questions for sometime already. It is ok I will provide the scriptures next to the questions.

Who was it that made and wrote the 10 commandments was it God or Man? (Ex 32:16; 34:28; Deut 4:13; 10:4)

What is the purpose of the 10 commandments in the Old and New COVENANTS and the Judgement to come? (Romans 3:20, 1 John 3:4; Romans 7:7; Ps 119:172; James 2:8-12; Hebrews 8:10-12; Gal 3:24)

How many commandments did God write on two tables of stone that nothing was to be added to it? (Deut 5:22; Ex 34:28; Deut 4:13; 10:4)

Why was nothing to be added to it? (Ecc 3:14)

Why did God command Moses to keep the 10 commandments SEPARATE from the Book of MOSES in the Ark of the Covenant and make them himself? (God's LAW; Ex 25:16; Deut 10:5; Ecc 3:14; Book of the law; Deut 31:26; Col 2:14-17)

The purpose of God's LAW is to give us a knowledge of SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS.

God's LAW (10 commandments) is our teacher revealing sin and the character of God and brings us to Christ at the foot of the cross that we might be saved by faith by Him who loves us and washed us in His own blood (Galatians 3:24; Revelation 1:5). Jesus came not to abolish the law, but to fulfil it ( Matt 5:17-20 ). The law is the embodiment of truth that instructs ( Rom 2:18-19 ). It is "holy" and "spiritual, " making sin known to us by defining it; therefore, Paul delights in it ( Romans 7:7-14 Romans 7:22 ). The law is good if used properly ( 1 Tim 1:8 ), and is not opposed to the promises of God ( Gal 3:21 ). Faith does not make the law void, but the Christian establishes the law ( Rom 3:31 ), fulfilling its requirements by walking according to the Spirit ( Rom 8:4 ) through love ( Rom 13:10 ).

You cannot know the power of God or the Gospel of Grace without the 10 commandments. If there is NO LAW then you do not know what SIN is (James 2:11; Romans 7:7; Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4). If you do not know what SIN is you have NO need of a Savior. If you have NO need of a Savior you have NO Salvation. If you have NO Salvation you are LOST because it is written.

Romans 2
For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

Who will you follow?

Last edited:
Why is this the only command that Jesus and the others did not repeat as a command?
"The Sabbath [seventh day] was made for man, not man for the Sabbath" really does not say the same thing as "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it Holy." Some of the verses you list as 'proof' had nothing to do with the sabbath.

Hello atpollard,

So nice to meed you here. Thanks very much for your comments. However I mayt have been posting at the same time to someone else on a similar topic. All of God's commandments are all through the OLD and NEW Testament scriptures including God's 4th commandment as show below.

Thanks I did notice a few scritptures that should not have been added in the Sabbath section of the NT. I have removed the 3 references and updated the list below and most other posts except the one on page one as it was locked.

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS IN THE NEW TESTAMENT

You shall have no other gods before Me.
It is written: You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only you shall serve. (Luke 4:8; Matthew 4:10; Revelation 14:7)

You must not make for yourself a carved image, a likeness of anything in heaven, on earth, or under the sea.
God is Spirit and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. (John 4:24; Acts 15:20; 1 Corinthians 6:9; Ephesians 5:5; 1 Peter 4:3; 1 John 5:21; Revelation 2:14)

You shall not take the Name of the Lord your God in vain.
(1 Timothy 6:1, James 2:7)

Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
The Sabbath [seventh day] was made for man, not man for the Sabbath, so the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath. (Mark 2:27-28, Hebrews 4; Matthew 12:8; Matthew 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56(Mark 2:28; Matthew 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; John 2:6; Matthew 16:24; Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Revelations 1:10 Is binding on all mankind today COL 2:14-17 THE REAL TRUTH THREAD (Linked)

Honour your father and mother.
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. (Ephesians 6:1; Colossians 3:20; Matthew 15:4; Matthew 19:19)

You shall not murder.
I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:44-45; Matt. 5:21-26; Romans 13:9; 1 Timothy 1:9; 1 John 3:15; James 2:11; Matthew 19:18)

You shall not commit adultery.
I say to you whoever even looks at another in lust has already committed adultery in their heart. (Matthew 5:28, 1 Cor. 5:11, 1 Cor. 6:18, Galatians 5:19, Hebrews 13:4, James 2:11, Matthew 19:19, Romans 13:9)

You shall not steal.
Neither thieves, the greedy, or drunkards and robbers will inherit the Kingdom. (1 Corinthians 6:10, Romans 2:21, Mark 7:21, Ephesians 4:28, Romans 13:9, Matthew 19:18)

You shall not bear false witness.
For by your words, you will be justified and by your words you will be condemned. (Matthew 15:19, Ephesians 4:25, Col. 3:9; Matthew 19:18, Romans 13:9)

You shall not covet your neighbours possessions.
Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist of the things he possesses. (Luke 12:15, Romans 7:7, Ephesians 5:3, 1 Tim. 6:10, Hebrews 13:5, Romans 13:9)

You are confusing God's LAW (10 commandments) with the Mosaic laws written in a book that where shadows of things to come (Colossians 2)

May God bless you as you seek him through His Word.

Last edited:
You also failed to mention Exodus 31:16 NASB "So the sons of Israel shall observe the sabbath, to celebrate the sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant" which makes clear the fact that the Sabbath was a covenant command between God and the sons of Israel. I am not a son of Israel.

In the NEW Covenant God's Israel are those that BELIEVE God's Word and FOLLOW it....

Who are Israel?

Let’s have a look at the scriptures……..

"Israel" is only a name given by God himself to represent his people. The origin of the name "Israel" come from Genesis 32:28 where Jacob wrestled with the Angel and prevailed ...for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. Its meaning is his posterity will rule as God. Jacob had 12 sons representing the 12 tribes of Israel.

Israel is only a name given by God that represents God's people and today anyone who is following Jesus is part of God's Israel according to God's Word.

What does God's Word say.....................................…

Let God be true and every man a liar that thou might be justified in thy sayings, and might overcome when thou art judged.

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He says not, and to seeds, as of many; but as of one, AND TO YOUR SEED, WHICH IS CHRIST (Galatians 3:16)

Abraham’s seed is Israel............................................

THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: FOR YOU ALL ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS AND IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN YOU ARE ABRAHAM'S SEED FOR YOU ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS and IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN ARE YOU ABRAHAM'S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE (Galatians 3:28).

No explanation needed, believe God's Word, and again..........................

FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED (Romans 9:6).

FOR HE IS NOT A JEW WHICH IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARDS IN THE FLESH: BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; and CIRCUMCISION IS OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE LETTER; whose praise is not of men, but of God. (Romans 2:28-29)

and again...................

Galatians 3:28-29,
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Colossians 3:11,
Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Romans 10:11-13,
For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 2:28-29,
For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

The New Covenant is for God's Israel..........................

Jeremiah 31:33-4,
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, says the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Hebrews 8:10-12,
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Hebrews 10:14-17,
For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, this is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; and their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Galatians 3:29,
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise

The New Covenant is for God's Israel which represent God’s followers the believers. If you are not part of God's Israel you are not part of the New Covenant (Hebrews 8:10-12).

God's Israel are those that believe the Word of God and follow it and is why Jesus says If you love me keep my commandments (John 14:15)

(4) The 7th day Sabbath was given as a sign between Israel and God.

EX 31:14-16 " `Observe the Sabbath, ....... 17 It will be a sign between Me (God) and the Israelites forever

Already answered above with New Covenant scripture. God’s Israel in the NEW Covenant are those that BELIEVE and FOLLOW God’s WORD. (Gal 3:27-28 see above too many scriptures) The scripture you quoted also says it is a SIGN FOREVER.

Who will you follow?

Genesis 2:
1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished and all the host of them.
2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Sabbath is the seventh day, which by our calendar makes it a Saturday. It is the day God rested after creating everything including man and woman. God sanctified it meaning He set it apart form all the other days as a day He rested from all His work. From the time of Adam to that of Mt. Sinai it was never commanded as being a holy day or that all mankind was to rest on that day. It was a Holy day as God being Holy and rested that day.

The Hebrew Sabbath was instituted by God given to Moses in Exodus 16 as a day that started from Friday at sunset to Saturday at sunset as a day of remembrance or a memorial of the Exodus exile as God parted the sea bringing the Hebrews to the promised land by defeating their foes. Hebrews used a Lunar Calendar that is different from our Gregorian calendar we use today.

The Sabbath was a ceremonial law practiced and that of the Old Covenant, the same covenant that circumcised and sacrificed animals. Some may literally circumcise, but we do not sacrifice animals anymore. This ceremonial law was only for Israel and not the Gentiles as now under the new covenant that joins Israel and Gentiles together under the grace of God the ceremonial laws no longer exist as Jesus is now our sacrifice whom we find rest in.

Here is what scripture says about worship and I also need to add that it is not a four wall building that we are to worship in, but only that of the assembly gathered together with Christ in the midst of them whether it be in side or outside as Church being the body of Christ needs to be a place of teaching, lifting up and edifying one another through the word of God.

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

John 4:
20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

1 Chronicles 16
29 Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.

Mark 2: 27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Luke:13:
14 And the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because that Jesus had healed on the sabbath day, and said unto the people, There are six days in which men ought to work: in them therefore come and be healed, and not on the sabbath day.
15 The Lord then answered him, and said, Thou hypocrite, doth not each one of you on the sabbath loose his ox or his ass from the stall, and lead him away to watering?
16 And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?
17 And when he had said these things, all his adversaries were ashamed: and all the people rejoiced for all the glorious things that were done by him.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back