Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus the Entrance?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

834m3r

Hello Everyone.

I Was Reading John 10 9 and found that Jesus says He is the Gate/Door.

Does that mean that Jesus Himself is the Entrance Unto His Kingdom?

I’m trying to Develop a Simple and Easy way to Express the Gospel and some feedback on this whole Gate thing would help.

Peace and Blessings Jay

Hi 834m3r

In the Revelation of Jesus, we read that he (Jesus) has a book that is referred to as the "Lamb's Book of Life". Jesus is the gatekeeper for all those whose names are written in it. Yes, Jesus is the gatekeeper.

God bless,
Ted

Hello Everyone.

I’m trying to Develop a Simple and Easy way to Express the Gospel and some feedback on this whole Gate thing would help.

Peace and Blessings Jay
Yes 834m3r, that is exactly what it means. Jesus is the only way that mankind may be saved.

I have something that you might be able to use, or at work off of it.

1. All have sinned.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

2. We have no righteousness within ourselves.

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

3. Unforgiven sin leads to death.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

4. God provides a way for us, through His Son Jesus Christ, to have our sins forgiven, and have everlasting life. (Salvation)

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

5. Jesus will provide forgiveness, and salvation, if we receive Him into our lives.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

6. When Jesus enters our lives, He cleanses us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

7. Once we are cleansed, we are, in Christ, new creatures.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

How do we get there? If we are truly repentant, here is a simple prayer asking for forgiveness.

Jesus, I know that I am not where I should be with You. I repent of my sins, and ask You to come into my life; and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Thank You Jesus. Amen.

Do with this what you will. I hope it helps.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

If you are struggling to understand what John ch 10 teaches, then may e you shouldgo back to church /sunday school to learn what it means.

Jesus warned about teachers who caused the young in faith to stumble. See
Matt 6:6 “If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. 7 Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to stumble!"

It seems to me that you are at risk of doing this.

Please feel free to ask any question you need to; you do not have to go back to "Church or Sunday school" in seeking understanding.

The answer to your question is complicated; with various Church doctrines having slightly different "understandings" of most things in the "Bible".

Christ will show the way; but like our Heavenly Father he will not force anyone to follow, he will not strip free will.

Hello Everyone.

Peace and Blessings Jay
To put it another way Jesus is how God chose to forgive sin. So one can't say, " I don't need Jesus, I'll just ask God to forgive me", for its not for man to choose how to forgive sin. There is no other way or any other name but Jesus who was chosen by God's set will before the world began.

Col 1:20
and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through the blood of His cross.

I Was Reading John 10 9 and found that Jesus says He is the Gate/Door. Does that mean that Jesus Himself is the Entrance Unto His Kingdom?

If the synagogue was Yahweh’s sheep pen, what became the man expelled from it (Jhn.9:34)? John spoke in term of the prophetic shadow and the true (eg Jhn.2:21). Two pictures were put side by side. In one, Jesus is the authorised entrant to the flock (Jhn.10:1-6). In the other, he is the entrance for the flock (7-9). This fits the idea of mutual coinherence: he dwells within his flock; his flock dwell within him, though his disciples would not have understood that at the time.

That is one level of kingdom, of flock—the messianic level in mortal life. In filial terms, the flock is in fact all who become messianic children of God, who thus know God as father and Christ as brother by the spirit (Jhn.14:6).

Back