Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Jesus&TheRapture

H

Hitch

You are invited to support whatever view you hold of the 'rapture' by quoting Jesus Christ as recorded in the inspired Word of God.

Take care

Hitch​

You are invited to support whatever view you hold of the 'rapture' by quoting Jesus Christ as recorded in the inspired Word of God.

Take care

Hitch​

Not many people want to hear Jesus on this subject but here goes.

Mt 24;31
And he shall send his angles with a great sound of a trumpet,and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds,from one end of heaven to the other.

Matthew 24
29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

As it is written so shall it be.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Matthew 24
29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

As it is written so shall it be.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days
Where is rapture here?

Take care

Hitch​

Thanks Hitch,

If Jesus is, by definition, “the Word of God (Rev. 19:13),†can we also quote the apostles and prophets; for example, John, who transmitted “the Revelation of Jesus Christ (Rev. 1:1)?â€

Thanks Hitch,

If Jesus is, by definition, “the Word of God (Rev. 19:13),†can we also quote the apostles and prophets; for example, John, who transmitted “the Revelation of Jesus Christ (Rev. 1:1)?â€
Of course you can, just start a thread for that. :)

Matthew doesn't use the word harpazo in chapter 24.
Interesting non sequitur wasnt it?

But when our Lord does speak about the end he says;

Matthew 13:30
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

If thats not far enough removed from popular rapture theories Jesus goes on to define the timing ;

Matthew 13:39
The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the

Looks like at the end the tares are removed. If Jesus intended any support for all the rapture theories I know of he didnt do a very good job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting non sequitur wasnt it?

But when our Lord does speak about the end he says;

Matthew 13:30
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

If thats not far enough removed from popular rapture theories Jesus goes on to define the timing ;

Matthew 13:39
The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the

Looks like at the end the tares are removed. If Jesus intended any support for all the rapture theories I know of he didnt do a very good job.

so when paul used that word raptos in thessalioans when he described the the removal he that was in the way it can be the saints then. as they wouldnt stand in the way of sin now they.

and lets what does one do with a sickle(reap)

and and then takes them.

gather by force!
i'm sorry i have been alive 37 yrs and seen the world running to the lies of the devil, not God

and it aint gettin better.

let me ask you this

did God mean to save govt and civilisations or men indivivually?

why then does it say we arent to be conforming to the world and that the world is dying?

if i'm near stench i wont stay in the smell of it.

what of one at the wheel and the other taken away.

or two men in bed and one taken?

so when paul used that word raptos in thessalioans when he described the the removal he that was in the way it can be the saints then. as they wouldnt stand in the way of sin now they.

and lets what does one do with a sickle(reap)

and and then takes them.

gather by force!
i'm sorry i have been alive 37 yrs and seen the world running to the lies of the devil, not God

and it aint gettin better.

let me ask you this

did God mean to save govt and civilisations or men indivivually?

why then does it say we arent to be conforming to the world and that the world is dying?

if i'm near stench i wont stay in the smell of it.

what of one at the wheel and the other taken away.

or two men in bed and one taken?
Well thats your critique of 2,000 years of the Holy Spirit's work. But your post really doesnt have anything to do with rapture.

Well thats your critique of 2,000 years of the Holy Spirit's work. But it really doesnt have anything to do with rapture.

history, buddy. the narrow path. isnt it. few be that find it.

why would jesus say that?

if we are honest we christians arent in the majority but in the minority,

i dont know where you live or whether you have been in the middle east, i have, men do evil and large amounts of it unchecked.

and in larger and larger amounts.

sure we christians have had are moments of slowing it down but we also have blood on the churches hand and i wont deny what was done by the protestants and the catholics.

was it christ that commanded these?
kill the jew because he wouldnt repent
kill the protestant because he didnt beleive in papal authority
kill the calvanist because he believe in the concept TULIP.
kill the anabaptist
kill the american indian and force them to christ?
take land and enslave men.

i think not.

few since the time of the last book by john have followed the bible, and its them and God that its a miracle that we even have the word.

to quote my chaplain"i'm sure that i will make it worse" he laughed when he said that but he was in honest. we men do make mistakes

history, buddy. the narrow path. isnt it. few be that find it.

why would jesus say that?
Because he was talking to first century apostate jews
if we are honest we christians arent in the majority but in the minority,
Hmmm David was one boy against the champion of the Phillestines
i dont know where you live or whether you have been in the middle east, i have, men do evil and large amounts of it unchecked.

and in larger and larger amounts.

sure we christians have had are moments of slowing it down but we also have blood on the churches hand and i wont deny what was done by the protestants and the catholics.
Thats is why the kindom is presented as a slowly growing living thing
was it christ that commanded these?
kill the jew because he wouldnt repent
kill the protestant because he didnt beleive in papal authority
kill the calvanist because he believe in the concept TULIP.
kill the anabaptist
kill the american indian and force them to christ?
take land and enslave men.

i think not.
All that and still men turn to God and love Christ, amazing isnt it?
few since the time of the last book by john have followed the bible, and its them and God that its a miracle that we even have the word.
Jesus is building his church, I reckon he is more than able, I hope some day you will feel the same.
to quote my chaplain"i'm sure that i will make it worse" he laughed when he said that but he was in honest. we men do make mistakes
Interesting point. Had the Father wished to utterly destroy the enemy He certainly could have done so. He did not. He sent Jesus to redeem us and regain the world the hard way. By preaching and living the Gospel. God could have used some completely different program. But this program makes use of frail, mistake making men. And this program uses these frail mistake making men to turn the world upside down.

You have a negative view but consider how many Roman garrisons you've seen, and compare that to the number of churches.

Because he was talking to first century apostate jews Hmmm David was one boy against the champion of the Phillestines Tahts is why the kindom is presented as a slowly growing living thing All that and still men turn to God and love Christ, amazing isnt it? Jesus is building his church, I reckon he is more than able, I hope some day you will feel the same. Interesting point. Had the Father wished to utterly destroy the enemy He certainly could have done so. He did not. He sent Jesus to redeem us and regain the world the hard way. By preaching and living the Gospel. God could have used some completely different program. But this program makes use of frail, mistake making men. And this program uses these frail mistake making men to turn the world upside down.

lol. i love when you assume that i dont know what what God does but the reality is we are in the minority and jesus said we would be

thus the mentioning of the narrow path and strait is the gate and FEW be there that find it.

just because i dont believe in your version of the end times doesnt mean i dont see what God does

my church lost one of its member, died with days of coming to christ . His death brought 75 to the lord.

he was warned that he might die(the pastor felt led to say that but didnt know who till after wards)

but that doesnt negate the or gist of what i said.

its foretold that this would come and the apostate jew, really?

why then in isiah 65 did it say that reference to the men having their own house and land and vineyard?
that was in reference to something, me thinks the idea of the restoration

and what of the times of the gentiles.

and jerusalem shall be trampled upon till the time of gentiles be fulfilled.

hmmm

who has been getting with the program lately?aint the jews but all other nations.

lol. i love when you assume that i dont know what what God does but the reality is we are in the minority and jesus said we would be

thus the mentioning of the narrow path and strait is the gate and FEW be there that find it.
After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
just because i dont believe in your version of the end times doesnt mean i dont see what God does

my church lost one of its member, died with days of coming to christ . His death brought 75 to the lord.

he was warned that he might die(the pastor felt led to say that but didnt know who till after wards)

but that doesnt negate the or gist of what i said.

its foretold that this would come and the apostate jew, really?
I try to answer you directly Jason but sometimes I cant grasp what you're saying, maybe you will re- phrase?
why then in isiah 65 did it say that reference to the men having their own house and land and vineyard?
that was in reference to something, me thinks the idea of the restoration
Yup
and what of the times of the gentiles.

and jerusalem shall be trampled upon till the time of gentiles be fulfilled.

hmmm
What of it?
who has been getting with the program lately?aint the jews but all other nations.
Once again I dont understand what you're asking ,sorry.

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; I try to answer you directly Jason but sometimes I cant grasp what you're saying, maybe you will re- phrase? Yup What of it? Once again I dont understand what you're asking ,sorry.

ok if i have 1 trillion items and another person has 10 trillion things who has the greater?

few is relative aint it?

and the times of the gentiles what does that mean both paul says it and the the lord?

theres gonna be alot in hell otherwise why would jesus say FEW? hmm

Few cant mean anything but few in comparison to a large number.

or what of many are called few are chosen?

ok if i have 1 trillion items and another person has 10 trillion things who has the greater?

few is relative aint it?
And 1 man plus God is? Since when does God require greater numbers?
and the times of the gentiles what does that mean both paul says it and the the lord?
Im lost here got a reference?
theres gonna be alot in hell otherwise why would jesus say FEW? hmm
Few cant mean anything but few in comparison to a large number.
Like I said Jesus was speaking to first century apopstate Israel, the nation he took thekingdom from, but even there I'll wager more were saved than we usually think.
or what of many are called few are chosen?
Its an odd saying, I dont think its used anywhere else in Scripture. It might mean that at that time many were yet to make up their minds . But that is conjecture.

how convient then if he was only speaking the apostate isrealis. then what did this word mean.

if we take it that way then what did he mean by this?

for God so loved the world?

if i was jew then it would mean all that romans conquered, trade with.

and in fact he didnt mean that see acts 1. all that are afar off and to the uttermost ends of the earth.

uh, now few be there that find it

so what if to the jew only is that statement of wide is the way to destruction and many be on it?

it few is isreali only then wide is only the jew as well.

matthew 7:12-14 kjv 12Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it

so i'm not gentile but maybe you are then you should just ignore that path of destruction? which would have to be judaism and only judaism?

that cant be the case as judiasm is small and cant be many that find it and wide(judaism isnt in big numbers or very wide if its true to its origins, and even given the reform,the orthodox,unorthodox jews) its smaller then gentiles religions such as islam.

how convient then if he was only speaking the apostate isrealis. then what did this word mean.

if we take it that way then what did he mean by this?

for God so loved the world?
It means the Gospel is and was always intened to eventually spread to the whole world.
if i was jew then it would mean all that romans conquered, trade with.

and in fact he didnt mean that see acts 1. all that are afar off and to the uttermost ends of the earth.

uh, now few be there that find it

so what if to the jew only is that statement of wide is the way to destruction and many be on it?

it few is isreali only then wide is only the jew as well.
Severla here in a row I cant understand
matthew 7:12-14 kjv 12Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it
I dont get your point here?
so i'm not gentile but maybe you are then you should just ignore that path of destruction? which would have to be judaism and only judaism?
I have no idea what you're talking about
that cant be the case as judiasm is small and cant be many that find it and wide(judaism isnt in big numbers or very wide if its true to its origins, and even given the reform,the orthodox,unorthodox jews) its smaller then gentiles religions such as islam.
I dont know what you're getting at. Sorry Im having so much trouble understanding.

Back