Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Jesus&TheRapture

It means the Gospel is and was always intened to eventually spread to the whole world. Severla here in a row I cant understand I dont get your point here? I have no idea what you're talking about I dont know what you're getting at.

in a nut shell comparatively thinking the jews make up less then 5% of the population of the world and that the jews of that group less then 1% are in the temple.

so it cant be them that the path is wide alone.

the muslims next to the rcc is the largest religion.

i dont consider the rcc as in a state of apostasy.

You are invited to support whatever view you hold of the 'rapture' by quoting Jesus Christ as recorded in the inspired Word of God.

Take care

Hitch​
When I read this, I was anticipating the posting of scripture and the poster's exegesis.

Honestly, I haven't seen much of either. :shrug

Lets gather our thoughts and narrow them down a bit. A few simple verses or passages and some discussion of them would be nice. :yes

Joh 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
Five times in John Jesus talks about last day. But is last day rapture?

Any other days after the last day?

See post #9.
I wasn't being critical of you, I'm just trying to get everyone to concentrate on your OP. Everyone who posts verses needs to focus on the verses they post. :yes

I also believe the bad is taken away and the good stay. That is what I get from the Mat 24:40-41 passage.

It's like a silversmith;

He heats up the silver and as it melts, he keeps skimming off the slag on the top until the silver is pure and he can see his reflection in it. ;) He doesn't keep the slag, he discards it and keeps only the pure silver. :yes

I wasn't being critical of you, I'm just trying to get everyone to concentrate on your OP. Everyone who posts verses needs to focus on the verses they post. :yes

I also believe the bad is taken away and the good stay. That is what I get from the Mat 24:40-41 passage.
No offence was taken :)
It's like a silversmith;

He heats up the silver and as it melts, he keeps skimming off the slag on the top until the silver is pure and he can see his reflection in it. ;) He doesn't keep the slag, he discards it and keeps only the pure silver. :yes
Since the thread is Jesus and the Rapture two things are very important. One you touched on above, what is taken and what is left, the other is timing. Jesus leaves no time following the harvest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't understand what it is you are try to say here, but I worked in a foundry for years in the 70's and what comes to the top is called slag. :shrug

i was told it was called scum, and weilders called the weilded material that use see them strike off with the hammer slag.

doesnt matter the idea is the same.

I honestly don't understand what it is you are try to say here, but I worked in a foundry for years in the 70's and what comes to the top is called slag. :shrug

That's right. My husband has worked at the Steel Company of Canada (now US Steel!) for 30 years. What the byproduct is from the steelmaking process is called slag.

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Again Jesus speaks of resurrection by announcing that all who are in the graves,defined as the good and evil, will hear the call in the same hour.

This keeps in line with his description of the harvest in M13 and as in M13 no space is given for multiple resurrections over time and no space is given for continuing history following the resurrection.

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Again Jesus speaks of resurrection by announcing that all who are in the graves,defined as the good and evil, will hear the call in the same hour.

This keeps in line with his description of the harvest in M13 and as in M13 no space is given for multiple resurrections over time and no space is given for continuing history following the resurrection.

Depending on what is meant by "world", there may indeed be continuing worldly history following the resurrection.

I do not believe that this teaches that the resurrection of the whole world occurs at one time. In fact, according to the rest of scripture, it definitely doesn't.

There is the resurrection of the righteous and in Revelation it teaches that the dead outside of Christ are resurrected at a much later date, well over a thousand years later for judgment. That is the second death.

You have to make sure what you believe is congruent with scripture.

Jesus says the HOUR is coming when "they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation"

And a peson disagrees with The Christ. WOW

Jesus says the HOUR is coming when "they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation"

And a peson disagrees with The Christ. WOW

Each resurrection has its own hour of fulfillment. It doesn't happen at the same time.

However, there is a time after the Millennium, when the wicked dead for all time will be resurrected to stand in judgment and also the dead who have had faith in Jesus Christ since the first resurrection. But the righteous Church will be resurrected before the Millennium, for we shall be among those who judge, govern and bring these people to faith in Christ.

Each resurrection has its own hour of fulfillment. It doesn't happen at the same time.

However, there is a time after the Millennium, when the wicked dead for all time will be resurrected to stand in judgment and also the dead who have had faith in Jesus Christ since the first resurrection. But the righteous Church will be resurrected before the Millennium, for we shall be among those who judge, govern and bring these people to faith in Christ.
Care to support that quoting Jesus ? He had a lot to say about the resurrection.

actually he spoke more about hell then heaven.

and why cant she quote from revalation?surely you do see the bible is innerrent.

or the apostle paul. one cant contradict each other.

actually he spoke more about hell then heaven.

and why cant she quote from revalation?surely you do see the bible is innerrent.

or the apostle paul. one cant contradict each other.
Since there can be no contradiction and Jesus spoke directly to the iussue of resurrection and this thread is conserned with what Jesus personally said wrt rapture theories anything he said should be adequate.
You sound as though Jesus is unreliable Jason, perhaps Jesus said something that doesnt quit fit your program?

But if our Lord addressed a given issue shouldnt that be our begining point for comparitive study?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back