Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[__ Prayer __] Job and apartment

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
we has veinershinztels and jaggiermeisters
3cd2895d14e16ef9aff150726d13076a.jpg
Yummy..... :biggrin2

I got the number to the district manager soIm gonna call him tomoro and see about more hours and a raise since i havent had one in 3 years.I already feel Gods favor.
Well drat, been busy with my new moderator job here and not watching what others are up to as much as I used to. So I missed this until now. Said a prayer for you even though it was late. I'll just have to trust God's foreknowledge that I was going to pray, eh?

So please, tell us how your call to your district manager worked out? Were you able to get ahold of him/her? (Did you chicken out and need more prayers for boldness? I KNOW those calls can be intimidating, depending on the type of person you have to deal with...)

I'm praying for your recovery from your bad marriage too. I can relate because my ex-wife did almost exactly the same to me. Yeah, guys can go through that too! We aren't the only ones who ruin marriages by cheating. I can honestly say I'm still not recovered from it and may never be. I feel bad for my ex too, as God hasn't rewarded her actions at all and she's suffering for it now. I wish things had turned out differently and will probably always feel bad about it. I've prayed for your recovery as well and that if it is in God's will that he provide you with a good man soon! A christian woman who is happy with her place in life, secure in her relationship to God, not a "gold digger" and loves and is faithful to her man is truly a blessing for the right man to find!

Along with prayers for hallowbonnie 's new job & apartment, I'm praying she'll cook up some delicious dishes in her new kitchen!

Kathi, that food really does look yummy!
Yeah, you guys are making me hungry! Who wants to come over and cook up a bunch. (AirDancer? Kathi? Hallowbonnie? Sparrowhawk, I know you're close by! Anyone?) I'm hungry. I'll invite all the neighbors and some musician friends. We can all sit in the sun out on the boat deck singing and eating a feast!!!! :biggrin2

Yeah, you guys are making me hungry! Who wants to come over and cook up a bunch. (AirDancer? Kathi? Hallowbonnie? Sparrowhawk, I know you're close by! Anyone?) I'm hungry. I'll invite all the neighbors and some musician friends. We can all sit in the sun out on the boat deck singing and eating a feast!!!! :biggrin2
I think you are a Washintonian?Well,if I were eating the Sauerkraut that I posted I would probably need to stay close to home :blush

Tell you what, Obadiah: the next time I plan to be in your area, I'll let you know. Cooking for others can be fun :sohappy

Well drat, been busy with my new moderator job here and not watching what others are up to as much as I used to. So I missed this until now. Said a prayer for you even though it was late. I'll just have to trust God's foreknowledge that I was going to pray, eh?

So please, tell us how your call to your district manager worked out? Were you able to get ahold of him/her? (Did you chicken out and need more prayers for boldness? I KNOW those calls can be intimidating, depending on the type of person you have to deal with...)

I'm praying for your recovery from your bad marriage too. I can relate because my ex-wife did almost exactly the same to me. Yeah, guys can go through that too! We aren't the only ones who ruin marriages by cheating. I can honestly say I'm still not recovered from it and may never be. I feel bad for my ex too, as God hasn't rewarded her actions at all and she's suffering for it now. I wish things had turned out differently and will probably always feel bad about it. I've prayed for your recovery as well and that if it is in God's will that he provide you with a good man soon! A christian woman who is happy with her place in life, secure in her relationship to God, not a "gold digger" and loves and is faithful to her man is truly a blessing for the right man to find!

Thank you obadiah,i called the dm and he and my store manager are in "talks" to see what they can do for me .I know i have Gods favor so i know something is going to happen.Yeah my ex went through some stuff because of his choices too certain things got repossessed and he also had to file bankruptcy on our home .I didnt wish those things on him ive forgiven him and dont wish him ill at all.There is definately a part of me that will always be scarred I dont trust anyone the way i trust God and thats why im so good with it being just the two of us.If he has other plans of course he will let me know.Thank you so much.

Thank you obadiah,i called the dm and he and my store manager are in "talks" to see what they can do for me .I know i have Gods favor so i know something is going to happen.Yeah my ex went through some stuff because of his choices too certain things got repossessed and he also had to file bankruptcy on our home .I didnt wish those things on him ive forgiven him and dont wish him ill at all.There is definately a part of me that will always be scarred I dont trust anyone the way i trust God and thats why im so good with it being just the two of us.If he has other plans of course he will let me know.Thank you so much.
Galatians 6:7-8 7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
My X has been through some really bad times with his now wife that he married two weeks after our divorce was final.It is sad :erm

yep the answer is never another person it is always God.Ive had some pretty beautiful times with God in the middle of nowhere in the middle of darkness to be completely whole with him because he was the only way for me to survive , I finally felt whole I finally felt that perfect love.

yes it is really makes you realize how everything else is nothing compared to it,even the best feeling or thing i experienced in this world that i thought was great was still nothing compared to that feeling!

That perfect love, the sheer sense of the feeling of it, is what gets me through each and every day. It reassures me that with Him, I can get through each and every day.

That perfect love, the sheer sense of the feeling of it, is what gets me through each and every day. It reassures me that with Him, I can get through each and every day.
That is a comforting thought.When God was not in my life it was a horrible feeling that you were all alone in some horrible disaster.

I can recall that feeling of being alone, of being lost, but it was all a vague sense because I didn't know why I felt that way. Thankfully, those feelings disappeared when I turned my life to our Lord. The overwhelming knowledge of love & of belonging was a most joyful sensation, one that hasn't diminished over the years.

I can recall that feeling of being alone, of being lost, but it was all a vague sense because I didn't know why I felt that way. Thankfully, those feelings disappeared when I turned my life to our Lord. The overwhelming knowledge of love & of belonging was a most joyful sensation, one that hasn't diminished over the years.
It is like going up a steep hill and your pushing your car up that hill.It is alot nicer if you have God in the drivers seat and you in the passengers seat.The going goes so much nicer

That's a good way of describing it, pushing a car uphill!

I so prefer having our Lord in the drivers seat, with me in the passenger seat!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back