Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

John MacArthur UNFIT to be a Minister Of the Bible!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

SolaScriptura

2024 Supporter
John MacArthur's behavior is TOTALLY UNBIBLICAL! He and his church are TOTALLY WRONG!

A DISGRACE to the Body of the Lord Jesus Christ!

"David Gray, once a teacher on staff at the church, went on to be sentenced for his crimes in 2005: aggravated child molestation, corporal injury to a child, and child abuse. Witnesses and victims backed his wife’s account of the abusive behavior, while church leaders continued to defend him, according to court documents referenced and posted with the March 2022 Roys Report article. David Gray remains in prison"

Grace Community Church Rejected Elder’s Calls to ‘Do Justice’ in Abuse Case

I used to listen to John MacArthur,what's it called "Grace to You"?.I remember J.M saying stuff that came across as sort of strange.I remember him speaking about the end times,and that he said that he would like to be standing beside Jesus with his own sword to wield.Thats all I'm going to say.

I used to listen to John MacArthur,what's it called "Grace to You"?.I remember J.M saying stuff that came across as sort of strange.I remember him speaking about the end times,and that he said that he would like to be standing beside Jesus with his own sword to wield.Thats all I'm going to say.

would you like to share some more of JM's "strange" teachings?

John MacArthur's behavior is TOTALLY UNBIBLICAL! He and his church are TOTALLY WRONG!
Likely it was a bad seed, then grew into a bad tree, that could not , could not, could not bear good fruit.
His teachings were shown to be false over a decade ago, and often. He <apparently> tickled ears.
Readers of this forum and other forums have claimed 'oh no!, how good he is/was !' but could not correct his false teaching.

Yes Julie Roys should be trusted.
Sounds like it all may be true.
We're all only human....even JM.

My question would be:
WHY would she stick around for the abuse? (Eileen).
Maybe we trust our pastors TOO MUCH?
JM was trying to keep the family together - but at what cost?

And, I never liked churches that depended too much on a particular pastor.
And, I don't trust anyone 100%.
Only Jesus can be trusted.

Likely it was a bad seed, then grew into a bad tree, that could not , could not, could not bear good fruit.
His teachings were shown to be false over a decade ago, and often. He <apparently> tickled ears.
Readers of this forum and other forums have claimed 'oh no!, how good he is/was !' but could not correct his false teaching.
Which teachings?

This is a very relevant topic to the Church today. Let's keep it on what churches and Christian leaders should be doing in such cases, rather than picking on or bashing any one pastor or church.

Sounds like it all may be true.
We're all only human....even JM.

My question would be:
WHY would she stick around for the abuse? (Eileen).
Maybe we trust our pastors TOO MUCH?
JM was trying to keep the family together - but at what cost?

And, I never liked churches that depended too much on a particular pastor.
And, I don't trust anyone 100%.
Only Jesus can be trusted.
Julie Roys (Roys report) has been trying for years to take down Macarthur.

When this all came out last year, it lit up the internet. Many wondered why Macarthur did not defend himself or make a statement. I think it was Phil Johnson that made a statement on this event.

There is info debunking this whole thing.

Julie roys has also reported that macarthur is a multi-millionaire and lives the life of a televangelist. Her own ministry has been tainted from what I have read.

I am not trying to change anyones mind.

Spurgeon, Edwards, Calvin, etc., all had their accusers.

The main thing I have read about all of these men as false teachers were their Calvinistic views.

Satan hate those sound in the faith.

However, many here will tell you different.

Julie Roys (Roys report) has been trying for years to take down Macarthur.

When this all came out last year, it lit up the internet. Many wondered why Macarthur did not defend himself or make a statement. I think it was Phil Johnson that made a statement on this event.

There is info debunking this whole thing.

Julie roys has also reported that macarthur is a multi-millionaire and lives the life of a televangelist. Her own ministry has been tainted from what I have read.

I am not trying to change anyones mind.

Spurgeon, Edwards, Calvin, etc., all had their accusers.

The main thing I have read about all of these men as false teachers were their Calvinistic views.

Satan hate those sound in the faith.

However, many here will tell you different.
It SOUNDS like maybe JM should have listened to the Eileen woman.
Seems like he didn't believe her.

And what are committees for if even THEY don't pay attention?

I have to assume (dangerous) that the circumstances were truthful...sure sounds like it.

I wonder what a different pastor would have done?

In the CC for instance, abuse is not tolerated and an annulment can be sought.

Not defending any particular denomination - I don't think I belong anywhere.
I do feel strongly about abuse.
Women should be protected by men.

This is a huge issue for all churches ⛪️ and church leaders. Here locally a branch of a megachurch somehow has a dude accused of sex crime at other churches volunteering around children. Did not go well lots of litigation…

But it’s a fallen world we live in. In the case I mentioned for instance the dude had a clean official background check and he slipped through the cracks it seems. Who is liable? Or do we have to admit that no one can guarantee 110 percent safety?

I will say that JM was involved with Christian counseling some of which struck me as not only harsh and not biblical but possibly dangerous. But there again what’s the alternative? Hand people over for standard treatment and then deal with the bills 💵 and brain damage that result?

This is a huge issue for all churches ⛪️ and church leaders. Here locally a branch of a megachurch somehow has a dude accused of sex crime at other churches volunteering around children. Did not go well lots of litigation…

But it’s a fallen world we live in. In the case I mentioned for instance the dude had a clean official background check and he slipped through the cracks it seems. Who is liable? Or do we have to admit that no one can guarantee 110 percent safety?

I will say that JM was involved with Christian counseling some of which struck me as not only harsh and not biblical but possibly dangerous. But there again what’s the alternative? Hand people over for standard treatment and then deal with the bills 💵 and brain damage that result?
How did you come to know about the counseling?

Proverbs 18:17 The first to plead his case seems right, Until another comes and examines him.

This is a long read on what happened. I did not get through the whole things.

Agreed.

All men are flawed and fallible.

How did you come to know about the counseling?
JM appealed to me in part because he questioned psychiatry. He doesn’t seem to discuss it as much now but some older sermons brought up some facts that dissidents bring up about psychiatry. And…

It appears a young troubled man he counseled attempted or committed suicide and there was a lawsuit. I seem to recall that the young man had a serious diagnosis…maybe schizophrenia?

But…scripture tells us to minister to each other. Advanced degrees are not necessary. Faith humility and love are essential. I kind of wonder 💭 if Christians practicing Christian counseling aren’t bringing dangerous psychological techniques into the mix with sad consequences.

A DISGRACE to the Body of the Lord Jesus Christ!

"David Gray, once a teacher on staff at the church, went on to be sentenced for his crimes in 2005: aggravated child molestation, corporal injury to a child, and child abuse. Witnesses and victims backed his wife’s account of the abusive behavior, while church leaders continued to defend him, according to court documents referenced and posted with the March 2022 Roys Report article. David Gray remains in prison"

Grace Community Church Rejected Elder’s Calls to ‘Do Justice’ in Abuse Case

I'm no fan of MacArthur, but I'm also no fan of coming to conclusions on the basis of only one side of a story.

Search the Web and you will find the truth
You need to find some credible sources. Anything goes on the web.

Christian tabloid sites? Seriously?

There is a reason you do not see Macarthur defending himself.

I find that very Christlike.

Remember Christ before Pilate?

BTW, John MacArthur doesn’t make a practice of defending himself against false accusations, full-time critics, and slanted hit pieces. He will defend the gospel when some essential truth is under assault, but he prefers to ignore petty personal attacks. Phil Johnson on X

If there is true proof of this, then there should be court files and police reports, if not this is nothing more htan slandering someone.

God wants us to see that slandering someone is an indicator that our hearts are not right with Him. A desire to slander can spring from a root of bitterness (Hebrews 12:15), from unresolved hurt (1 Peter 3:14–16), from unforgiveness (2 Corinthians 2:10–11; Ephesians 4:32), from jealousy (Galatians 5:20; 2 Corinthians 12:20), or from other sins of the heart.

You need to find some credible sources. Anything goes on the web.

Christian tabloid sites? Seriously?

There is a reason you do not see Macarthur defending himself.

I find that very Christlike.

Remember Christ before Pilate?

If there is true proof of this, then there should be court files and police reports, if not this is nothing more htan slandering someone.

so you are saying that what is on the web, because it is on the web, and exposes JM for his UNBIBLICAL treating of Eileen Gray, is wrong? There are many credible videos and articles that show him to be VERY WRONG!

As with JM saying that Alistair Begg's advice to the grandmum about attending a trans "wedding", being wrong, which is is. But JM himself said that it was not a sin to bake cakes for homosexual "weddings"!

Pot calling the kettle...

so you are saying that what is on the web, because it is on the web, and exposes JM for his UNBIBLICAL treating of Eileen Gray, is wrong? There are many credible videos and articles that show him to be VERY WRONG!

As with JM saying that Alistair Begg's advice to the grandmum about attending a trans "wedding", being wrong, which is is. But JM himself said that it was not a sin to bake cakes for homosexual "weddings"!

Pot calling the kettle...
Believe as you will.

You should look in the mirror before you point fingers.

Shall I bring up your past embarassments in some of the Reformed threads?

How would any of this advance the Lords Kingdom?

Aren't we all sinful humans that make fools of ourselves from time to time.

Grace and peace to you.

Back