Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

John MacArthur UNFIT to be a Minister Of the Bible!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Your answer makes me thankful that Jesus is the one who judges.
Without seeing your previous posts, without knowing your heart,

remember Jesus's Judgment is very very much more strict and devastating than any "answer" here or perhaps most anywhere, except as when in agreement with Jesus' and the Father's Judgment.
How is it written somewhere ? how fearful it is to (or awesome??) to fall into the hands of a consuming fire!
Some or even many of the false teachers recently named on this forum
are directly headed to that consuming judgment fire, and taking /teaching/ multitudes with them !
Be sober! Be vigilant! For many there is no escape!

Most has been "general" observations without direct judgments of teachings so far.
The direct judgments of teaching (of the false teachers/ anyone , any one at all agreeing with and bringing a false gospel) is far far far worse
than anyone's criticism of the false teachers , whether casually without specifics, or in detail .....

Ephesians 5:11-17
[11]And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.
[12]For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.
[13]But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
[14]Therefore He says: “Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light.” Walk in Wisdom
[15]See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise,
[16]redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
[17]Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
Baking a cake?

If I'm a doctor then I can perform abortions ?

Drive a mother to that clinic ?

Some on here will say a LOUD yes!

We are living in a time of compromises from those who pretend to be followers of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Teachings of the Bible

For homosexuals and others like them. For those who are truly born again and follow the Lord, it is a non starter
If I don't have anything to do with those "outside" the church I will need to leave this world. Otherwise doing to others what you what done to you is NOT nullified by what others do. Love one another. Your teaching hate.

1 Corth 5:9-11
I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister[ but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

If I don't have anything to do with those "outside" the church I will need to leave this world. Otherwise doing to others what you what done to you is NOT nullified by what others do. Love one another. Your teaching hate.

1 Corth 5:9-11
I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister[ but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

What John MacArthur was asked is very clear. is it a sin for a born again Christian, to bake a cake for a homosexual "wedding"? He said no!

Firstly, Biblically, there is no such thing as a same-sex "wedding", or a "trans wedding". The Bible is very clear, a marriage is ONLY between a single man and a single woman. Period!

Secondly, for any Christian to bake a cake for his purpose, even if it is their job as bakers, they are disregarding what the Bible says is a SIN, and WRONG.

Thirdly, by doing so, they are actually "agreeing" with this FALSE and DEMONIC "celebration", which is the purpose of this cake!

You have MISUSED what Paul says in 1 Corinthians. He is talking about LIVING WITH sinners, NOT part-taking in their SINS! Or to ENCOURAGE their SINFUL lives!

What John MacArthur was asked is very clear. is it a sin for a born again Christian, to bake a cake for a homosexual "wedding"? He said no!

Firstly, Biblically, there is no such thing as a same-sex "wedding", or a "trans wedding". The Bible is very clear, a marriage is ONLY between a single man and a single woman. Period!

Secondly, for any Christian to bake a cake for his purpose, even if it is their job as bakers, they are disregarding what the Bible says is a SIN, and WRONG.

Thirdly, by doing so, they are actually "agreeing" with this FALSE and DEMONIC "celebration", which is the purpose of this cake!

You have MISUSED what Paul says in 1 Corinthians. He is talking about LIVING WITH sinners, NOT part-taking in their SINS! Or to ENCOURAGE their SINFUL lives!
So should we nail him to the cross and crucify him along with Begg?

Does this mean that all thier faithful preaching and teaching is tainted?

Does this make him unfit for the ministry?

Does God forgive and restore?

We all have sinned one way or another, even in the doctrines we believe.

So should we nail him to the cross and crucify him along with Begg?

Does this mean that all thier faithful preaching and teaching is tainted?

Does this make him unfit for the ministry?

Does God forgive and restore?

We all have sinned one way or another, even in the doctrines we believe.

now you are being rather silly!

These men are highly regarded Evangelical teachers/preachers, who are trusted by thousands for what they teach. It is clear that they are TOTALLY WRONG on these important issues, and refuse to recant and repent.

Are you suggesting that Christians do nothing? Are we to accept what they say blindly, because they are otherwise "sound"?

Your reasoning is MOOT!

now you are being rather silly!

These men are highly regarded Evangelical teachers/preachers, who are trusted by thousands for what they teach. It is clear that they are TOTALLY WRONG on these important issues, and refuse to recant and repent.

Are you suggesting that Christians do nothing? Are we to accept what they say blindly, because they are otherwise "sound"?

Your reasoning is MOOT!
Here is the title of your thread....

John MacArthur UNFIT to be a Minister Of the Bible!​

Should he be canceled?

What do you suggest happens to Macarthur for his commnets?

Hev you seen the newer conference video where he says it is a sin to do that?

"To you" I guess its sin.

Here is the title of your thread....

John MacArthur UNFIT to be a Minister Of the Bible!​

Should he be canceled?

What do you suggest happens to Macarthur for his commnets?

Hev you seen the newer conference video where he says it is a sin to do that?

JM criticized Begg for his "advise" to the woman who wanted to know if she should attend a "trans wedding". After JM called Begg, Begg withdrew from the Shepherds Conference.

JM himself gives UNBIBLICAL advice on baking a cake for a "homosexual wedding"; and also the way he treated that woman in the OP, who was INNOCENT, and DEFENDED her CRIMINAL husband!

You are only supporting these, because they are "reformed". If what these said was by Joel Osteen, I have NO DOUBT that you would be treating this very different!

JM criticized Begg for his "advise" to the woman who wanted to know if she should attend a "trans wedding". After JM called Begg, Begg withdrew from the Shepherds Conference.

JM himself gives UNBIBLICAL advice on baking a cake for a "homosexual wedding"; and also the way he treated that woman in the OP, who was INNOCENT, and DEFENDED her CRIMINAL husband!

You are only supporting these, because they are "reformed". If what these said was by Joel Osteen, I have NO DOUBT that you would be treating this very different!
You did answer the question what should be done with him. You said he is unfit for the ministry in your eyes.

Joel Osteen is not eve a real pastor, so he cannot be copmpared to Macarthur.

Reformed or not, his second conference said it was a sin and that is befor Begg had his issues.

I go to beggs church, he is reformed, Should I stop attending. Begg will not change his tunme about what he said.

Macarthur did.

The Holy Bible is entirely True, and always exposes perverted hearts , does not comfort perverts but only serious oft repeated warnings of destruction, .... ....

You did answer the question what should be done with him. You said he is unfit for the ministry in your eyes.

Joel Osteen is not eve a real pastor, so he cannot be copmpared to Macarthur.

Reformed or not, his second conference said it was a sin and that is befor Begg had his issues.

I go to beggs church, he is reformed, Should I stop attending. Begg will not change his tunme about what he said.

Macarthur did.

The OP is dealing with John MacArthur and Eileen Gray, who was publicly disciplined by his church, and then kicked out, for not taking her ABUSIVE husband back. This guy was found GUILTY, and spent many years in prison. In a LA Times report 21st Feb 2024, this same David Gray, the "husband", has been charged "with four counts of sex abuse of a child younger than 15, one count of child abuse, one count of physical abuse of a child and two counts of dissuading a witness", https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2004-feb-21-me-teacher21-story.html

One of JMs own elders, Hohn Cho, after a detailed investigation, sent his report to JM, and this was IGNORED!, and NEVER APOLOGIZED!!!

If you are happy attending a "church", where the senior pastor openly counsels AGAINST the clear Teachings of the Holy Bible, and then publicly rejects the need to recant and repent, then you are "supporting" this man's FALSE teachings by being there!

I used JO as an example, because he is not "reformed", and if all of this that JM and his church has allowed, in the Name of the Lord, happened at JOs church, no doubt the "reformed" will be REJOICING and CONDEMNED him!!!

Personally, I think that JM is a very gifted man of God, but what has happened with the Gray case, and his REFUSAL to admit GRAVE UNBIBLICAL ERRORS, does really undermine his ministry.

I don't know personally anything of any value or importance about jm.

I do know that very specifically, teachings of jm several years ago - so long ago I forgot them and it does not matter any more today because jm never turned to the truth concerning them -
were clearly exposed by men of God trusting Jesus, verse by verse if you want, and not from memory I hope and think they offered jm a chance to come clean, to right the wrongs, to correct his false teachings, and to the best of my personal knowledge he never did, not once. That is he never did that I know of.

Anyhow, the real point for the readers of this forum is to always read the Bible, go back to , or simply stay with the Bible, as God reveals His Purpose and His Plan in the Bible,
and if anyone , jm or anyone else, goes contrary and opposed to the Bible, warn them if required, and if they do not repent , dump them. Never recommend a man who opposes God's Word, ever.

Even stronger warnings in God's Word against accepting anyone who brings a false gospel, if that happens.

Now, you have openly, on a Christian forum, accused a pastor of "false teachings", which is a very grave charge indeed. You must here give some solid, backed-up evidence, or withdraw what you say.

If you are referring to JMs "Calvinism", which does include false teachings, especially the TULI in TULIP, then that is a different matter.

You must be clear on what you are accusing JM of in public, or any other Christian.

If you are referring to JMs "Calvinism", which does include false teachings, especially the TULI in TULIP, then that is a different matter.
A decade or longer ago I might have wondered and searched out from his own words what someone's teachings were, and if they lined up with Scripture or not.
Since in the last several decades over a dozen very public figures were shown to be teaching either a false gospel, or serious other error/false teaching/ and publicly were shown to have no sign of repenting or recanting or whatever , I no longer seek out the ones nor listen to the ones who are proclaiming either a false gospel or any false teaching, since it seems (or can you or anyone show otherwise) that the public does not care, and the congregations do not care, that no one cares at all, that can stop the false teachings even if it is a false gospel.

The more popular something false is, the less likely it is to be stopped, in any field of mankind/society/ or the churches.

Back