Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Just out of curiosity....

Have you ever changed your mind?

• No! I come here to stand up for my beliefs!!! After all, it's not me saying it, it's God!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but I do listen and try to understand other's POV's.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Yes, I've had my mind changed by other's excellent exegesis!

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • I've changed my mind so much, I wonder if I'm double-minded! :(

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

handy

Has anyone ever had their mind fully changed via on-line forums?

I started fellowshipping on-line way back in 2002, when we got our first computer...believe it or not, the same one that I'm using now.

I would say that my biggest change has been in the area of OSAS. I was pretty dyed-in-the-wool Preservation of the Saints back then. Now, after really chasing down all the arguments, both for and against, I no longer am.

Now, this is not, not I say, a thread about OSAS and any attempts to make it one will get me a bit huffy....

It's a thread about how much we learn from each other, in what ways discussing various issues like this changes our opinions about things.

Having said that, what about y'all? Any testimonies about how being a part of forums like this have changed your POV's.

BTW, perhaps an option - I did because something didn't feel right, and I was lead to seek other scripture and other POV's.

Anyway, if we're limiting this to being on this forum, one clear thing is the doctrine of the Trinity. For most all of my life, I'd been a staunch believer that non-Trinitarian always = non-Christian. I'm still very certain of the Trinity, but I've come to know some very Godly men and women who just seem to make that step of faith. It seems they have part of it right, IMO, but they just can't grasp the fullness of the Trinity as the fullness of God Himself. I spent my life around like-minded Trinitarians, and when I got here, :shocked!!!! So I've come to witness terrific Brothers and Sisters in Christ (Watchman) who can't grasp it but are very faithful to Him. And, since I know that most Christians see this as a mystery, it isn't hard to see where they have come to not hold it.

That's one of a few things I've changed on.

I'm very interested listening other theoryes about some of the basics of the Bible. Science is one of pylons of this world, so many believe straight what they discover. For example when Jesus died on the cross the sky got darken, the science explanation says that a sun eclipse happened and there was no wonders or signs. Well i don't say this is not possible but not this is the important thing, they try to push u away from real meaning of Scripture, and this is bad.

When i came online and got involved in Christian forums. I came to believe in pre-tribulation rapture, simply because i had never heard of any other position except for no rapture and scripture clearly pointed to a rapture. so the position of the No rapture proponents never swayed me,

But i did have my beliefs on this issue changed to Post -tribulation rapture or what i call second coming rapture. By someone patiently putting forward scripture to me with well reasoned arguments.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

I'm wondering if some people are afraid admitting that they've changed their mind, or they're considering it, will be viewed as a poor foundation of faith; that they've never thoroughly explored it through scripture. Most of us, and I'm including me, can get into a stance where we dig our heals in on an issue, and pride gets in the way. That's something I need to work on. :gah

Ideally, we should be open to new views, as long as they are scriptural. We can grow if we are willing to be led.

A small issue I've never resolved in my heart is the biblical advocacy or refuting of capital punishment.

Interesting responses folks! Mujahid, your post here and your testimony on your "Thanks" thread really are inspiring to me. I love the fact that you are here and are open to discussing things like this with us!!!

Mike, I think you make a good point. Myself, because I was once suckered into becoming involved in a cult due to poor teaching, am one to always go back and go over an issue in the word. I try to be like the Bereans in this regard.

Not changing my mind as such, most of the time it's something I didn't quite understand in the first place and I get enlightenment on here.

I'm always willing though, definitely, to listen to other peeps pov ...

I'm wondering if some people are afraid admitting that they've changed their mind, or they're considering it, will be viewed as a poor foundation of faith; that they've never thoroughly explored it through scripture. Most of us, and I'm including me, can get into a stance where we dig our heals in on an issue, and pride gets in the way. That's something I need to work on. :gah

Ideally, we should be open to new views, as long as they are scriptural. We can grow if we are willing to be led.

A small issue I've never resolved in my heart is the biblical advocacy or refuting of capital punishment.

try the christian in the military threads. war is very ambiogous.

i wouldnt visit this forum becuause of that type of stuff if i was in country as i might lose my focus and life!

i was once very anti osas, now i'm near where handy is.

evolution, learned alot on what that is, and what the defense of the yec view entails and what creationists say

end,times. what theres more then the pre-tribber?

jerusalem is the harlot of babylon.

i used to RARELY speak about my former lifestyle, and also lance givres the counterview a face.

islam. i have much to learn on that. i will find ma most useful if i have to train soldiers on the arabic culture if i have to go overseas again.

On the crucials, no....my first instincts from the New Testament have always held their strength in the face of MUCH opposition on forums.

Justification is by God's grace through faith in Christ completely seperate from works.

This one takes a heck of a battering on the forums and is basically the only doctrine that really matters and needs to be defended vehemently. Hebrew roots law-keeping is the biggest danger faced by Christians in our times and in Jesus' times too.

There is one non-essential that I did change my mind on.

When I first got on the forums, not this one....it was about 1 and a half years ago.....I was pretty sure that Rome was the Whore of Babylon. I was shown in the right direction by a very knowledgable lady using scripture mainly and common sense and I switched to Jerusalem after being shown simple truths with relative ease.

One of the most surprising doctrines I see being pushed in the forums is the pre-trib rapture. I never got that feel from the Bible at all. At first I was just amused by it but now I see it as a very cunning tactic by Satan to catch people out.

Doc.

I have become more socially conservative in my time here.

My belief in predestination has also strengthened. (you can thank JoJo mainly for that one :biggrin)

It should be ones desire to be corrected. One should pray to God to cause correction to come to them. I don't want to be a preacher or supporter of a false doctrine. Far better to be humbled and end up being right with God then bring proud and standing up for a lie.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

I'm here to learn, for sure. I enjoy reading other peoples views....

Ultimately, I trust God, I'll let him teach me what he wants. I don't know anything, all glory is His. It feels great to share that love with other people who feel the same, or atleast are searching for the truth.

I came here with a predefined end times belief. That has changed two or three times due to exposure to many other positions and some excellent sources like Newton and some of the reformers.

I came here with a pretty "traditional" understanding of body soul and spirit and have been somewhat challenged on those traditional beliefs.

Because of Dora, I realized my belief that Heaven may not be our final, eternal destination is not such a weird belief. :yes

I have been challenged many times on the belief of YEC.

My belief of the Lord's Supper has shifted from it being merely symbolic to something along the lines of consubstantiation. (sp?)

... and despite Jason's interpretation of my belief of the Godhead, it is still triune. :lol

I came here with a predefined end times belief. That has changed two or three times due to exposure to many other positions and some excellent sources like Newton and some of the reformers.

I came here with a pretty "traditional" understanding of body soul and spirit and have been somewhat challenged on those traditional beliefs.

Because of Dora, I realized my belief that Heaven may not be our final, eternal destination is not such a weird belief. :yes

I have been challenged many times on the belief of YEC.

My belief of the Lord's Supper has shifted from it being merely symbolic to something along the lines of consubstantiation. (sp?)

... and despite Jason's interpretation of my belief of the Godhead, it is still triune. :lol

i did think that you are a yec er as you posted that the earth could be older. i know that you arent into evo

well from vic i hate nj alittle less then before.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back