Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Keeping the sabbath holy

Is keeping the sabbath holy necessary?

• Yeah For Sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Way

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
R7-12 said:
I will not begin to demonstrate the significant errors in the explanation of end time events given because they are so numerous. However, I will address one point that clearly shows the position given above is quite erroneous.

What?? What kind of Born Again love for Christ is that??? :crying: (and me??) Read Revelation 3:16-17. I am in error & you pick one 'mistake'?? Whatever? Lets read on & see what I am mistaken on?

And Christ's God Glory + the angels Glory, will kill the rest of the worlds wicked, so that [all] wicked are now D-E-A-D. satan and the evil angels will now again be here on depopulated earth as it was before God created it!

[quote:37a5b]The wicked who died are still dead & will not come forth until after the 1000 years.
More than once was it asserted, with great emphasis, that following Christ’s return and the death of many people that allegedly all the wicked will be killed at this time. Thus it is asserted that none shall survive into the period called the millennium. It was also asserted that only Satan and the fallen host will be on an earth during the millennium.

Now, the earth is as it was before creation. Dark & Void, the home for the evil angels & their master, satan. Chained by a literal set of circumstances until the 1000 years are finished.
The texts given in my earlier post absolutely refute this false assertion showing it is false.

What I leave for careful consideration is the following biblical scenario and question. The scriptures clearly state that the elect of God will be resurrected at Christ’s second coming and will then REIGN with him as KINGS and serve as PRIESTS on this earth for the 1000 years called the millennium. Therefore, if Revelation 5:10 is true,
And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth.â€Â

You have said that most is in error? What good does it do to give 'the post' an answer to this question? But for others sake, I ask how anyone can find this 'time period' in between the 1000 years?????

And if Revelation 20:6 is true,
Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

Then I ask, if all the wicked are dead and none remained alive and all the elect of God are no longer on the earth, then who are these people that have been made kings and priests on the earth? And who are they ruling over? And who are they serving as Priests?

Again most of the assertions in the above post are in error, not supported by Scripture and too numerous to deal with considering the time and effort required. If someone wishes to understand specific events and related texts more accurately concerning this topic, please feel free to ask.

R7-12[/quote:37a5b]

Forum:
Take note of what the Word of Gods says.
"And then shall the [wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the Spirit of His mouth, and [shall destroy with the brightness of His COMING.]" 2 Thessalonians 2:8

It just seem to me that this is the Word of God, and not my 'errors'? Notice the Words of.. the 'WICKED being revealed', and at the time of His COMING! And the Word.. 'CONSUME'! It seems very clear, does it not???

Then 2 Peter 3:10-13 tells it CLEARLY for me at least? The 'Inspired WORD' says:
v. 10. "But the [Day of the Lord will come] as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens [shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works works therein shall be burned up.]"

A few Words of notice are, Christ's coming, and.. shall pass, shall melt, be burned up. But lets go on?

v. 11 "SEEING then that [all these things shall be dissolved], what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness.

And the Word of dissolved means what again? That the post is in error, or that the Word of God has missed the mark??

v. 12 tell what day it is that we are to be looking for!
"Looking for and hastening [unto the COMING OF THE DAY OF THE LORD,] wherein [the heavens being ON FIRE SHALL BE dissolved,] and the [elements SHALL MELT WITH FERVENT HEAT.]" If we are not gone from planet earth, we will be D-E-A-D!

And I am told that these verses are telling me that sinful mankind (not wicked angels) can be living for 1000 years on earth through this? And I am in error for believing as I do?? :o

v. 13 says:
"Nevertheless we, (?) according to [HIS PROMISE], look for a [new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.]" (one might try a study to see what these ones are to be called? Revelation 5:10, but read on to get the setting!)

Just a couple more Everlasting Gospel verses that by my 'believing' cause 'me' to be accused as being in error. The closing verse finds that 'some' are to be living 'somewhere' at this time, but 'i' can rest assured that it will not be here on earth! Here is the 'INSPIRATION':

Jeremiah 4:23-27.

"I [beheld the earth], and, lo, [it was without form, and void;] and [the heavens, [and they had no light] (and some say that there is mankind alive living here???)

v. 24. I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. (now take NOTE!)

v. 25. I beheld, and, lo, [there was no man,] and the birds of the heavens fled. (again: 1 Thessalonians 4:16)

NOW NOTICE WHEN THIS TAKES PLACE!
v. 26. I beheld, and lo, the fruitful place [was a wilderness,] and all the cities thereof [were broken down and by His fierce anger.]

Now: there are only two class of humans who can be alive through this!!
They are seen in v. 27

"For thus [hath the Lord said,] (where? In the Everlasting Gospel!! See Matthew 4:4) The [whole land shall be DESOLATE; yet will I not make a full end]."
OK: That needs some clarification for some I see? :wink: This is not HELL, OK? Hell will destroy the ones that come up in the second resurrection, but the full end, leaves satan & his evil angels here during the 1000 years, and at that time God will make a full end! See Nahum 1:9 & Obadiah 1:16.

So what one will understand when they get it 'all' together, is that God requires that there be no new thing under the sun! Ecclesiastes 1:9-10 & Ecclesiastes 3:15. The only ones on depopulated earth before man being created, were the same ones who will be here on the Void and depopulated earth during the 1000 years! Revelation 20:1-3 finds where satan is quarantined too, by a [set] of history repeated circumstances!

---John

There are several importnat questions that have been left unanswered.

If all the wicked are dead and none remained alive and all the elect of God are no longer on the earth, as it has been asserted, and the following texts are considered to be true,

Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years (Revelation 20:6).

And,

And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, on them there will be no rain. 18 If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the Lord strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles (Zechariah 14:16-19).

Also,

And it shall come to pass that from one New Moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, all flesh shall come to worship before Me,†says the Lord (Isaiah 66:23).

Then please explain,

1) Who are these people that have been made kings and priests on the earth for the period of the millennium?

2) Who are they ruling over during the millennium?

3) Who are they serving as Priests throughout the millennium?

4) Who are those of all the nations which are left that enter the millennium as flesh?

5) Who are they which are flesh that will be required to keep God's Holy Days during the millennium?

Overcoming what these texts say by answering directly the questions above is necessary if you even hope to maintain your premise.

R7-12

R7-12 said:
There are several importnat questions that have been left unanswered.

If all the wicked are dead and none remained alive and all the elect of God are no longer on the earth, as it has been asserted, and the following texts are considered to be true,

Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years (Revelation 20:6).

The rest of the dead lived not until the 1000 years were finished! Got that?? These '.. and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the [rest od the D-E-A-D [lived not agsain until the 1000 years were finished]." Revelation 20:1-6.

What are they doing?? :o See 1 Corinthians 6:2-3 Got that??

And,

And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, on them there will be no rain. 18 If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the Lord strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles (Zechariah 14:16-19).

And now we see the Book that Moses wrote having anything at all to do with the 1000 years??

Also,

And it shall come to pass that from one New Moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, all flesh shall come to worship before Me,†says the Lord (Isaiah 66:23).

What does that 'above verse' have to do with the dead lost sinners? (Obahiah 1:16) Surely one knows that the only way dead people are in heaven, is by the record books. Surely heaven are 7th day Sabbath keepers!

Then please explain,

1) Who are these people that have been made kings and priests on the earth for the period of the millennium?

2) Who are they ruling over during the millennium?

3) Who are they serving as Priests throughout the millennium?

4) Who are those of all the nations which are left that enter the millennium as flesh?

5) Who are they which are flesh that will be required to keep God's Holy Days during the millennium?

Overcoming what these texts say by answering directly the questions above is necessary if you even hope to maintain your premise.

R7-12

You have it all wrong! :wink: Go back & start over again. The post that was posted had all of your questioned made void by the thus sayest the Lord!
What in the world do you think that we will be doing in heaven during the 1000 years before the Heavenly City descends to the re/created earth? Are you up on the Daniel 7:9-11 & Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, and Revelation 20:12-14 verses?? Take note that INSPIRATION has these [ALL DEAD] in verse 12! The ONLY WAY FOR THE DEAD TO STAND IS BY ACCURATE RECORD BOOKS! (Got that?)

Again, do you believe in 1 Corinthians 6:2-3. This is why ones see the words of being priests.

---John

Here's the sequence,

And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them (Rev. 20:4-9).

However, after reading a few of your comments I think I understand now.

It appears you still hold to the false teachings of the immortal soul doctrine and going to heaven. At least that's the impression I got from your convoluted reply.

That makes bridging the gap at this point highly improbable.

To me, your response was evasive, aggressive, rude, and condescending and you still appear to be very uncomfortable facing the questions I raised. That's probably why you won't answer them.

I'm not interested in meaningless arguments and insults so perhaps we will have opportunity for a more positive and beneficial discourse sometime in the future.

Peace,
R7-12

Forum: Did we get that?
OK, here is an old post slighty altered that I did a long time ago. It does not go along with the Broadway stuff. (movie)

Here is a verse in the New Testament, 2 Timothy 3:16 that tells us a Gospel Truth.
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."

The movie 'Left Behind' would need to stand the test of all scripture, that includes
the 66 books of the 'Word' of God as we call it. We are going to test the content of the movie on just one part of its main theme. And remember the above 'words' from Timothy, [doctrine,] [reproof,] ]correction,] and [instruction in righteousness.]

So we are going to explore the 'Doctrine' part of 'left behind' for scriptural accuracy?
Remember now the Word above says 'All Scripture'.

So we want to test [also] the Word of God :wink: , to have it show us, this 'Doctrine' from the [Start to Finish] in His Word!
It is only then that we will see what God tells us is the Truth, by using only a couple verses found in the book of Ecclesiastes.

First in the closing book of His Word, Revelation 20:1-3 we read.
"And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, (remember these names for the same being-where was the serpent first mentioned in the Word? He spoke to Eve.)
which is the Devil, and Satan, and [bound him a thousand years]. A cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, [till the thousand years should be fulfilled:] and after that he must be loosed a [little season]."

These verses talk of a time-frame of 1000 years. Many today just say a Millennium,
which mean the same time period. Also the above verses tell us that Satan [is bound]
and cannot deceive the nations no more' until after he is again loosed. This is simple enough, OK? We are taking the Gospel at its Word!

So now, lets go to Ecclesiastes 1:9-10 & Ecclesiastes 3:15 and use these verses to test this verse above from Revelation? The real test is for us, Will We Believe The Word Of God? (we will use the verses only in part-you can read the rest)

"The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done [is] that which [shall be done:] and there is [no new thing under the sun.] Is there [anything]
whereof it may be said, [See, this is new?] (pay apt attention as the GodHead answer themselves) it [hath been already of old time, which was before us.]"

Do you believe God? If it does not happen again, or if it has not happened before, we will be told in the Word itself! Example? Nahum 1:9 tells us that 'affliction will not rise
up a [second] time' And most all remember the 'rainbow' set in the sky by God?
No more world floods. OK? But lets be sure to ask & test ourselves about this verse from above in Revelation? Does God mean that this 'revelation' verse was before us??

That is what God said! (not me) But lets try another verse in Ecclesiastes 3:15 to see if God is consistent? You know, as plain & simple as this is stated? 'we' might still need more Truth? And then we will do a search in the Word to find out what and where this first history came about, that is from Revelation 20:1-3?

Eccl. says: "That which hath been [is now;] and that which is to [be hath already been;] and [God requireth that which is past.]" Are you afraid to put God to the test? Do you think that we might find that He can't back up His Word? Don't worry about it, God 'cannot' lie, nor does He change! :wink:

We will use His Everlasting Gospel! try Rev. 14:6 first part.

Notice here in Jeremiah 4:23-27 (in part) "I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void: and the [heavens, and they had no light.] .... I beheld and there was [no man,] .... I beheld, and lo, [the fruitful place was a wilderness,] (notice the time frame below for this to happen, & ask yourself if any are 'Left Behind'?)
and [all the cities] thereof were broken down [at the presence of the Lord, and by His fierce anger. For the Lord hath said, [The whole land shall be desolate.."]

Remember that we have just a part of the subject that we are covering today.
"Left Behind"? And God has stated by His Word that this 1000 year Millennium Is Nothing New! But here we are reading something that is to come & it was also before us! At least before the 'earth' was created! Notice the Word's Word, Wilderness! No man? The whole land 'shall be desolate? But God said that this history was also in the past! What was before the creation of man??
Lets go to Genesis 1:1-18,

"In the beginning God created the [heavens and the earth.] And the earth was [without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep]. ...And God said, let there be light. ...And God said, Let there be a firmament. ...And God called the dry land Earth; ... And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night:..." Yes, just in part, you can read it all. But we can see the history continuing 'forward' from creation to the ending of 6000 years. Or when the Millennium is to start. Where is there any life living upon earth during this time?? Jeremiah 4:26, last part "At the Presence Of The Lord.." This is surely the 'Second Coming of our Master and all the wicked are dead, and there is no life to be seen! (except for you know who!)

But to soon close out for today, we want to just think about a 'Nothing New Under The Sun'
statement or two, from the Godhead. And surely you can see that God was consistent
in the 'binding of Satan' in Rev. 20:1-3 as to the fact that no man lived upon earth until the 1000 years were completed? Still not sure? Well try this verse 4-5 ibid.. (in part)

"..and they lived and reigned with Christ a [thousand years.] But the [rest of the dead live NOT UNTIL the thousand years were finished.." It continues on to say that this is the First Resurrection! These are those who are raptured (if I might use a word that you understand) at the second coming of Christ, and who are living with Christ in heaven.

"Nothing New Under The Sun"?? Jude 6 says: And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their [own habitation,] he hath [reserved] in [everlasting chains under darkness] unto the judgement of the great day." Sounds like Rev. 20's wording? But do not miss the word 'unto the judgement'. (or until)

So, where were the angels who rebelled in heaven sent? Earth! Before it was populated by the creation of God. And the History to be repeated? Again, to a earth that will be as it was in the beginning, Void and empty! This will be the serpents ('s'atans) and the evil angels home once again for the 1000 years!

Notice two thoughts from 2 Peter 3:7-12 (in part) we will come back to verse 8 in closing.
The time before the world flood, "For this they willingly ignorant of, that by the Word of God the [heavens were of old,] and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: (Notice) Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, [perished:] But the heaven and the earth, which now, by the same Word are kept in store, [reserved unto fire against the day of judgement...But (Notice) the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; (to the ones in the 'Second' resurrection only! 1 Thess. 5:4) In which the [heavens shall pass away with a great noise,] and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the [earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.]" Again! With a great noise! Secret? Hardly. And again, what time in history is his?
We drop on dow to verse 11-12 (in part)

"Seeing then that [all] these things [shall be dissolved,]...Looking for and hasting unto the [coming of the day of God], wherein the [heavens being on fire [shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat.]" Who is left on earth besides the 'd'evil & his angels?
Verse 8 gives us the first history from the beginning until this last history we have studied.
"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, [that one day] is with the Lord as a
[thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.]"

So in concluding this subject, lets once again put the Word to the test?
God worked six days, evening and the morning made up the day. And the Seventh Day He set aside for holy use. The Sabbath it is called, a Day Of Rest! Now using the scale of a day for 1000 years that Peter said not to be ignorant about, we see 6000 years have just about arrived, (God makes no mistake, man is just very close!) and when it does arrive, the Master will very soon afterwards come also!

And then the GodHeads once inhabited earth will have her Sabbath's rest for the 1000 years as seen in Rev. 20:1-3. And with the only ones being seen here, are as it was seen before creation, a bottomless pit with the devil & his fellow angels once again chained with NO MAN to tempt!

---John

Back