Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Killing and the Christian

Im am not the first and I will not be the last to thank God for Jason (and his company) for their service.

i have just returned from taking nathan on a road march and i took him on a 5 miler. i taught him the proper use of a compass. did execellent for the first time. both methods of shooting an azimuth.

im go where im called. trust me i dont like my countries leadership. at present i cant finanacally afford to leave the guard. that said my chaplain has asked me to consider doing some of that work.
Yes you can afford it. Here is why: Matthew 6:25-34.
a humbling request, one that i dont take lightly, i refuse to take lightly.so god said let someone rape your wife so that the gospel may be passed on? No, Psalm 91 works if we believe it and meet the conditions it states.did he say if you see evil turn the cheek and not call the law? no he didnt. common sense. if i see evil and i have step in to stop it. There are spiritual weapons much stronger we have been given if we know them and use them in these situations. i dont play hero when i have but i will and have called the cops to stop crimes. No, problem.

none of the soldiers were asked by jesus to stop being roman soldiers, they were just told to treat the jews and other locals humanely.i far more non-violent then you think. i dont watch gore nor enjoy mindless violence, though i train in the acts of it so that i may save my life or anothers.
He met Roman soldiers where they were at spiritually. They certainly were not born again or have the Acts 2:4 experience. Do you? They would never have understood Matthew 5, 6 and 7 or be able to do it. However he loved them and healed the centurion's servant and praised his faith. When he got the light on the rest he would have dealt with it. John the Baptist did say this to the soldiers he baptized. Please be aware that John did not have the light on nonresistance either. Luke 3:14New King James Version (NKJV)

14 Likewise the soldiers asked him, saying, “And what shall we do?â€
So he said to them, “Do not intimidate anyone or accuse falsely, and be content with your wages.â€

i have been in prayer with god and he warned me of an ambush, one sec later it happened. it was a training event but surely after 15yrs of being with him and in the service one would think that i would be called away. but it hasnt come to me. there has been times i should have waited longer then i did to reup. but still by now that conviction would have come and i could have ets'd.
I have read about the preservation of God's elect in combat dozens of times. Scott Lutrell, E. B. Sledge, Kenny Wayne Fields, Mr. Lucky(the book) and dozens more. These were preserved by God's direct intervention, and often supernaturally. However, no one should mistake God's goodness, love and mercy for approval of what they are doing that is in violation of His clear word. Military service is, if for no other reason then we are not our own, but bought with price. The military owns you to the point of your bowel movements and the state of your urine. Also know that God is under no obligation to "convict" anyone of anything that is clear in His word.
The Army chaplain's job is to keep soldiers assured that the military system works for them and the mission is God ordained i.e. killing or supporting killing. None of that is true or Biblical.

that said so you partake of the goverments protection when you call the cops and they act in authority over you. one cant say its a sin to be a cop then use that cop to do the job that you cant do. to me thats like saying its a sin for that girl to wear short shorts but i think i will ask to her keep wearing them shorts.

i know all about war and what death does.

The police are in authority as Romans 13:1-8 says. However if you are one you had better be prepared to take life. Not a job for a believer. I make no judgement on a policeman's salvation. It is not up to me. I respect them pray for them,and obey the law. I also minister the gospel to them every chance I get. Christians have a much higher calling and a difficult job. Mark 16:17-18 and Matthew 10:7-8 to name part of it.

Clearly you have no grasp of the job that an officer has...

I am in intern at a police department. Every day I see new opportunities to spread the Word. You somehow think that being a cop means shooting people? That isn't true. Most officers never kill a person, and if and when they do that death is justifiable and the power to take a life is handed to them by God. Most of the time they are social workers, making the lives of others a lot better. Stop watching the TV shows and movies. Go down to your local PD and request a ride along. You will be surprised.

Matter of fact, I know more cops who are practicing Christians than I know who are not. And even those who are not practicing at least claim Christianity, and neither your nor I are qualified to say they are otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
The police are in authority as Romans 13:1-8 says. However if you are one you had better be prepared to take life. Not a job for a believer. I make no judgement on a policeman's salvation. It is not up to me. I respect them pray for them,and obey the law. I also minister the gospel to them every chance I get. Christians have a much higher calling and a difficult job. Mark 16:17-18 and Matthew 10:7-8 to name part of it.
So pagaism should be a requirment for the police force?

insulting, i am an mp corrections officer by training. and i serve the lord with two cops as a ministry to the youth. one of them (the head of the ministry) is a retired officer and the other is still works an officer. he saved a life of visitor(who is a lesbian). she was suicidal and ready to jump of the bridge and die.he talked her out of it. for that he is to be respected not judged. i have helped more muslims then i killed which is zero. so please kindly learn what cops and soldiers do.

at least have the respect to say that i cant do that but i praise god for those that do put their lives on the line for me.

Clearly you have no grasp of the job that an officer has...

I am in intern at a police department. Every day I see new opportunities to spread the Word. You somehow think that being a cop means shooting people? That isn't true. Most officers never kill a person, and if and when they do that death is justifiable and the power to take a life is handed to them by God. Most of the time they are social workers, making the lives of others a lot better. Stop watching the TV shows and movies. Go down to your local PD and request a ride along. You will be surprised.

Matter of fact, I know more cops who are practicing Christians than I know who are not. And even those who are not practicing at least claim Christianity, and neither your nor I are qualified to say they are otherwise.

I have had friends and extended family members whom haqve been/ are in the US Border Patrol, NY State Police, and local police force.
It is VERY hard on marriage with a high suicide rate. The shifts "back" (tough on sleep) and the BP used to ride alone even at night. Please read what I actually said about policemen above. There is no substitute for carefully reading a post.
I had a new piece of equipment once which had a tag: Please do it our way before you try it yours. It is the same thing with our instruction manual called the Bible and others' posts.

And still I don't think you have a grasp on the job of an officer. Perhaps it is you who needs to read posts more carefully?

Seems to me that high divorce and suicide rates are reasons FOR Christians to go into the job. Why would you want to put your brothers and sisters who don't yet know Christ into such a position as that without the proper tools to actually combat depression and high stress? A Christian has a much better chance at keeping the marriage and not committing suicide than a heathen!

Back