Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Latest on quitting smoking

How's your quitting going?

• I quit, and I have no desire to smoke again, and I even dislike the smell now

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I quit, and I have no desitr to smoke again, although I do still like the smell

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I am having a hard time quitting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I never smoked

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I used to smoke always when I was having beer when I was a teenager. Sometime I feel like smoking one but I don't do that anymore. It was hardest not to smoke in army, as sitting down in the forest everyone was smoking just because there was nothing else to do. I felt tempted a LOT there but didn't smoke a single one. :sohappy

Well, if you already quit, no need to start again...

I think among you Scandinavians it's the Danes that have the reputation of being the heaviest smokers, if I'm not mistaken.

that and pot.
Up here Liberal leader Justin Trudeau has admitted smoking pot since being elected to the Parliament of Canada, and Ms Wynne the Ontario Premier has admitted it, too. Seems like some Canadian politicians feel the need to talk about smoking pot in order to curry favor with a significant portion of the electorate.

(But then when I started this thread I guess I wasn't particulary thinking about the pot smoking preferences of Mr Trudeau or Ms Wynne.)

Last edited:
Ms. NeedTheLord:

Congrats. on quitting! shows it can be done.

Did you change to a lower tar during your attempts to quit? Sounds like quitting cold turkey would be the route you best recommend, though.

Blessings.

Hi Mr. Farouk,
Well I did do that along the way-changed to "lights". But when I got serious I started chewing the nicotine gum. Probably chewed way more than I was supposed to. I was never the type that could wean myself off of anything. If I was going to put it down it had to be completely. I started to trust that God was Who He Said He Was-and that I could trust and depend and go to Him in prayer and let Him know I needed help. It was not an easy road when I was trying to do it on my own. But when I gave it to God even though in the beginning I could not stop; eventually I was allowed to walk In His Grace (or whatever the official name is) The Grace of God. Whew. He heard my prayers and He helped me! And today I'm free from the whole thing of smoking and drinking! Completely it was taken from me (the desires) Our God Is Awesome!

Much Love To You In Him;
Have Faith In God
N.

Hi Mr. Farouk,
Well I did do that along the way-changed to "lights". But when I got serious I started chewing the nicotine gum. Probably chewed way more than I was supposed to. I was never the type that could wean myself off of anything. If I was going to put it down it had to be completely. I started to trust that God was Who He Said He Was-and that I could trust and depend and go to Him in prayer and let Him know I needed help. It was not an easy road when I was trying to do it on my own. But when I gave it to God even though in the beginning I could not stop; eventually I was allowed to walk In His Grace (or whatever the official name is) The Grace of God. Whew. He heard my prayers and He helped me! And today I'm free from the whole thing of smoking and drinking! Completely it was taken from me (the desires) Our God Is Awesome!

Much Love To You In Him;
Have Faith In God
N.
Ms NeedTheLord:

Good thoughts. So do you definitely recommend that smokers move from high tar to 'lights' when they want to quit: easier to quit from 'lights' than high tar?

Blessings.

I didn't get this in time to vote, but I would fall into this category:

Quit with no desire to start again, and them smell of it makes me want to barf.

Ms NeedTheLord:

Good thoughts. So do you definitely recommend that smokers move from high tar to 'lights' when they want to quit: easier to quit from 'lights' than high tar?

Blessings.

Well, haven't done a scientifical study, but knowing that I went to the "strongest gum" that I could of and chewed a lot of it after smoking a lot of "lights" for a very long time; I would definitely say that I had to depend on God and The Power of The Cross to stop.

When it came right down to it-He (Captial H-God)is the Only One Who can take our fleshly desires away. That was the shocker for me: The Truth that smoking was a desire "lust" of my flesh. I don't want to live like that. I want Jesus to be My Lord. In Him Is Life and Real Love-Not as the world gives. Whew. I'm so grateful He saved me that day.

Have faith in God,
He loves you...
N.

Well, haven't done a scientifical study, but knowing that I went to the "strongest gum" that I could of and chewed a lot of it after smoking a lot of "lights" for a very long time; I would definitely say that I had to depend on God and The Power of The Cross to stop.

Ms NeedTheLord:

Were you on high tar for as long as you were on 'lights'?

Great you managed to quit, anyway!

Blessings.

farouk,
I don't really remember for sure. But seems like I did smoke "stronger" cigs for a very long time. I am so thankful that God had mercy on me and that I went after Him with all of me in prayer. I knew He could help me and take the "yoke" of bondage from me and He did. Our God is Awesome!
Love In Him, N.

I am a smoker.I do not feel that I am going to hell because I smoke.It helps me.Just like some of you need a couple of cups of coffee in the morning.

I am a smoker.I do not feel that I am going to hell because I smoke.It helps me.Just like some of you need a couple of cups of coffee in the morning.
I wouldn't say that its damning, but I wish you could hear my wheezing and coughing fits at times. doctors who don't know my medical history will think I have smokers lung. quit please. even coffee and anything innocuous thing can become god.

I wouldn't say that its damning, but I wish you could hear my wheezing and coughing fits at times. doctors who don't know my medical history will think I have smokers lung. quit please. even coffee and anything innocuous thing can become god.
Your lungs might be in worse shape than mine.Yes,cigarettes are an addiction.God knows my weaknesses just as He knows yours.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back