Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Liberals and Conservatives

E

elijah23

Liberals make the mistake of recognizing no authority.

Conservatives make the mistake of substituting the Bible for the Lord as the source of authority. It is true that God and Jesus are frequently quoted in the Bible, and their words must be obeyed, but it is God and his Son, Jesus, who possess authority, not the Bible.

And some people make the mistake of generalizing too much. Politically speaking, you would probably call me a liberal, but I recognize the authority God. And I've spoken with conservatives for whom their politics seems more important than God.

The TOG​

And some people make the mistake of generalizing too much. Politically speaking, you would probably call me a liberal, but I recognize the authority God. And I've spoken with conservatives for whom their politics seems more important than God.

The TOG​
I consider myself a conservative, but I do not believe that the Lord is a book. We can read about the Lord in the Bible, but the Bible is not the Lord. God is the Lord.

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 2 Timothy 3:16 NKJV

Dear friend, listen well to my words; tune your ears to my voice. Keep my message in plain view at all times. Concentrate! Learn it by heart! Those who discover these words live, really live; body and soul, they’re bursting with health. Proverbs 4:20-22 Message

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. John 14:12 NIV

[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [[a]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope] Philippians 3:10 AMP

Liberals, conservatives, black people, white people, or whoever and whatever doesn't matter when you want to know Jesus. So I ask all, "do you know Him like that!"

I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in[a] Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. Philippians 3 AMP

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 2 Timothy 3:16 NKJV

Dear friend, listen well to my words; tune your ears to my voice. Keep my message in plain view at all times. Concentrate! Learn it by heart! Those who discover these words live, really live; body and soul, they’re bursting with health. Proverbs 4:20-22 Message

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. John 14:12 NIV

[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [[a]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope] Philippians 3:10 AMP

Liberals, conservatives, black people, white people, or whoever and whatever doesn't matter when you want to know Jesus. So I ask all, "do you know Him like that!"

I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in[a] Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. Philippians 3 AMP
God is not a book. Worship God and God alone. Take the leap of faith and get to know him.

The bible calls your thinking "higher thought thinking", I am able to see the true spirit behind this (PRIDE).

That's probably not true for all liberals or conservatives.
Though it's definitely true for me, even reading the word "authority" makes my stomach turn.

That's probably not true for all liberals or conservatives.
Though it's definitely true for me, even reading the word "authority" makes my stomach turn.
Well, maybe not ALL liberals and conservatives. I will try to avoid use of the word "authority."

Warning to all Christian Believers; The "Spirit of Pride" has come to plant a seed - looking for a harvest. This evil spirit has also come to bring strife to offend and argue. He fully knows when the "HEGE" is up the serpent can't strike. Don't breech the HEGE. Ecclesiastes 10:8 AKJV

Warning to all Christian Believers; The "Spirit of Pride" has come to plant a seed - looking for a harvest. This evil spirit has also come to bring strife to offend and argue. He fully knows when the "HEGE" is up the serpent can't strike. Don't breech the HEGE. Ecclesiastes 10:8 AKJV
Satan is always trying to tempt people into prideful behavior. Look at all the religious leaders who, just as they did in the days of Jesus, promote their own self-aggrandizing agendas rather than the Lord's agenda.

God is not a book. Worship God and God alone. Take the leap of faith and get to know him.

And how do we get to know Him? Does He not reveal Himself through His word? Of course we don't worship the Bible. We worship God, and no-one and nothing else. But the Bible is the only place we can learn about Him. You may mention other ways of learning about God, such as from Christian books, our pastors, other Christians or even through personal experience, but how do we know that those people/things are telling us the truth, except by comparing what they say to God's Word?

The TOG​

Amen!!! Getting to know God is getting to know His Word.

And how do we get to know Him? Does He not reveal Himself through His word? Of course we don't worship the Bible. We worship God, and no-one and nothing else. But the Bible is the only place we can learn about Him. You may mention other ways of learning about God, such as from Christian books, our pastors, other Christians or even through personal experience, but how do we know that those people/things are telling us the truth, except by comparing what they say to God's Word?

The TOG​
We get to know him by loving him with all our hearts, minds, and souls, and listening to what he says to us.

Amen!!! Getting to know God is getting to know His Word.
You need to develop a personal relationship with him. The great, and first, commandment is that we love him will all our hearts, minds, and souls (Matt 22:34-40).

You need to develop a personal relationship with him. The great, and first, commandment is that we love him will all our hearts, minds, and souls (Matt 22:34-40).
What makes you think I haven't? It surely sounds like you are being terribly judgemental, sir. You are implying that because I read God's Word and value it I can't be having a personal relationship with Him. That is so illogical. The FACT is my dear sir: BECAUSE I have a dear and beloved personal relationship with my Lord I cherish and yearn to know His PRECIOUS and INVALUABLE WORD, the Bible, even more.

We get to know him by loving him with all our hearts, minds, and souls, and listening to what he says to us.

How do we know it is God speaking to us and not just our own minds or even Satan trying to deceive us?

By comparing it to God's Word.

The TOG​

What makes you think I haven't? It surely sounds like you are being terribly judgemental, sir. You are implying that because I read God's Word and value it I can't be having a personal relationship with Him. That is so illogical. The FACT is my dear sir: BECAUSE I have a dear and beloved personal relationship with my Lord I cherish and yearn to know His PRECIOUS and INVALUABLE WORD, the Bible, even more.
The point of the thread is that it is wrong to deny the authority of the Lord, while at the same time, it is wrong to place the Bible above the Lord.

How do we know it is God speaking to us and not just our own minds or even Satan trying to deceive us?

By comparing it to God's Word.

The TOG​
We know that the Lord will not say something now that contradicts something he said to us in the Bible.

Back