Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Liberals and Conservatives

NOPE lol most of us have gotten far from scofield but it is neat to read the notes before they were corrected...

NOPE lol most of us have gotten far from scofield but it is neat to read the notes before they were corrected...
I wish I had that. I bet theres a lot. you should scan them and post them and compare. he is so shallow in his commentary on the ot its not worth my time.

Why do ya think my goofie brother was so anti scofield he has the book
lol.if I recall you two had a bad experience with that church that was a futurist. yes hitch was good for that. he used to post what the dts said about this or that. ie that Judaism would return and be in full effect while the church was in heaven. I have heard pastors teach this!

lol.if I recall you two had a bad experience with that church that was a futurist. yes hitch was good for that. he used to post what the dts said about this or that. ie that Judaism would return and be in full effect while the church was in heaven. I have heard pastors teach this!

I've never put a lot of energy into sorting out the differences between liberal and conservative Christianity. I really give people a lot of latitude in how they struggle with understanding God. If pushed to explain, I'd consider myself to be conservative, in that I believe Christianity as traditionally understood on some basics such as the divinity of Christ, salvation through faith, etc., and hold to long standing Christian positions on social issues such as homosexuality, abortion, sanctity of life, etc. If pushed further on what liberal Christianity is, I'd talk about Christians who find themselves in a position where their secular cultural and political beliefs are more important to them than are their Christian beliefs. When faced with a conflict between attitudes of the secular world and their Christian beliefs, they will always modify their Christian beliefs to support their secular cultural beliefs.

Again, I'm pretty tolerant of others beliefs because God is never done with any of us, and I don't know how He's working in their lives. I think we can all afford to be more humble before judging others. I like two scriptures and seem to speak to that.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 1 Corinthians 13:12

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Philippians 2:12-13

Back