Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Looking Ahead in a Divided Country

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
As Christians, we don't look to the healing of the world through mankind. No, we look forward to the return of Christ. In the meantime, let's do as Jesus asked and make disciples of others!

As Christians, we don't look to the healing of the world through mankind. No, we look forward to the return of Christ. In the meantime, let's do as Jesus asked and make disciples of others!

Has anyone indicated that Christians are not to witness and make disciples? Has anyone indicated that we shouldn't be anticipating the Coming of Christ.

Are you part of 'mankind'? Does God use your voice, a voice of mankind, to witness? To worship? I wonder why God does that? He doesn't need mankind to do it.

My opinion is your statement has an air of spirituality about it, but one that is without knowledge.

Quantrill

You can forget about any unity in our country. It's not going to happen. There is no material to bridge the divide. Atheistic liberal left vs Christian conservative right. One side is going to dominate. The other side will have to either submit or fight against it.

But to try and heal our land toward some unity is impossible. Conservative politicians who do that are just too scared for their job to stand up. And it is my belief that that is what you will see with the Conservatives. They had their chance to dominate during the first two years of Trumps presidency. They wasted it because in their pride they wanted to show Trump who was boss and resisted what he wanted to do. Now they can sit and watch the Bolshevik democrats do what they refused to do.

The Conservative Republicans sold us out.

Quantrill
Unity and reconciliation is a choice and a mindset.
As long as one party is willing to work toward unity, there is always a hope for unity. When both parties are unwilling to work toward unity, then it becomes impossible.

If anyone is unwilling to work toward unity, then these are those who contribute to the problem.

Instead of fretting about what the U.S. or the world are becoming...or already are, I will conduct MYSELF as a "country", representing God among them.
I realize that wherever two or more are together there will always be differences, sometimes creating conflict.
It is how we react to the conflicts that will determine how we are judged on the last day.
"My country" will stay separate from the others until they too decide to serve God only.

Chocolate or vanilla...Does it really make a difference?

Unity and reconciliation is a choice and a mindset.
As long as one party is willing to work toward unity, there is always a hope for unity. When both parties are unwilling to work toward unity, then it becomes impossible.

If anyone is unwilling to work toward unity, then these are those who contribute to the problem.

What do you have to work with? Nothing.

What do you base your 'unity' on? Just unity? That is nothing but a house of cards with no substance.

How do you establish unity, yet sing the praises of diversity? Oxymoron.

How do you have a black history month and not a white history month and expect unity.

How do you let black culture destroy the statues and monuments of white American culture and expect unity?

Every move America makes creates division, not unity. The political parties are evidence of it and they are but a reflection of the people themselves.

God established America on the basis of Christian European people and the Bible. Race unites and race divides. As a result, satan has steadily come against that by changing the make up of the race from dominate white to dominate people of color. satan has also come against the Christian foundation, having the Bible and prayer and Christian monuments moved away from public places.

America sings the praises of immigrants. But, the majority of immigrants must come from third world countries. Not Europe. Immigration Act of 1965.

There is not going to be unity. There is only going to be one side surrendering and submitting to the other. Or, outright civil war. And it will probably be the conservative Christian Republican side that decides to surrender and try to pretend it is for the sake of unity, when there is no unity.

So, what are you willing to compromise on?

Quantrill

What do you base your 'unity' on? Just unity? That is nothing but a house of cards with no substance.

How do you have a black history month and not a white history month and expect unity.

How do you let black culture destroy the statues and monuments of white American culture and expect unity?

Every move America makes creates division, not unity. The political parties are evidence of it and they are but a reflection of the people themselves.

God established America on the basis of Christian European people and the Bible. Race unites and race divides. As a result, satan has steadily come against that by changing the make up of the race from dominate white to dominate people of color. satan has also come against the Christian foundation, having the Bible and prayer and Christian monuments moved away from public places.

America sings the praises of immigrants. But, the majority of immigrants must come from third world countries. Not Europe. Immigration Act of 1965.

There is not going to be unity. There is only going to be one side surrendering and submitting to the other. Or, outright civil war. And it will probably be the conservative Christian Republican side that decides to surrender and try to pretend it is for the sake of unity, when there is no unity.

Quantrill
The principals On unity are biblical.

It’s about hope. Just as you’ve argued for division, God himself argued with Moses when Israel worshipped the golden calf. By all right of the covenant, it would have been righteous for God to wipe them out and start new with Moses.

It took 40 days for God to foster a relationship with national Israel and it took 80 days to repair the wrong. But in the end, God himself was willing.

Jesus himself came to reconcile humanity to himself. He did not come to condemn because Jesus understood those that were lost were already condemned. Jesus came as a redeemer, to seek and save that which was lost. It didn’t matter what you did, who you hurt, what you believed or didn’t believe. Jesus was always willing to reconcile.

Will look for them on Amazon.it
If they have them, I'll order them.

I know a little bit about the history of post-modernism.
This explains why all the Professors are liberal these days....
They're a product of the 60's when we thought we were so enlightened...
I was leftist back then, then I realized the error of my ways somewhere in my 20's.
You know, it sounds so good. They're for the working person, they're for freedom (I mean liberty),
free speech and all that.

Problem is, they're the ones that are taking freedoms away,
they're the ones that make persons poor.
They're the ones that use double-speak.
The challenge for us as human beings is to look past evils of left and right policies and attitudes. Use the best of both points of view to create a nation that is unified. We can't make it perfect for the poor nor can we make it perfect for the rich.
Anyway as Christians, we need to transcend ideological thinking.

It’s about hope. Just as you’ve argued for division, God himself argued with Moses when Israel worshipped the golden calf. By all right of the covenant, it would have been righteous for God to wipe them out and start new with Moses.

It took 40 days for God to foster a relationship with national Israel and it took 80 days to repair the wrong. But in the end, God himself was willing.

Jesus himself came to reconcile humanity to himself. He did not come to condemn because Jesus understood those that were lost were already condemned. Jesus came as a redeemer, to seek and save that which was lost. It didn’t matter what you did, who you hurt, what you believed or didn’t believe. Jesus was always willing to reconcile.

You answered nothing I asked. What are you going to build unity on to help bridge the divide? What are you willing to compromise for the sake of unity?

Hope is nothing without substance. We are talking about present day America, not the Church.

Quantrill

Quantrill
Any compromise of two evil entities...is evil.

The challenge for us as human beings is to look past evils of left and right policies and attitudes. Use the best of both points of view to create a nation that is unified. We can't make it perfect for the poor nor can we make it perfect for the rich.
Anyway as Christians, we need to transcend ideological thinking.
Using the best of both points of view is good.
But will it ever happen?
I don't think so.
The two parties have demonized each other and
I think that we SHOULD take sides.

I used to be of the liberal left into my 20's.
Then I found out that it doesn't really work...
instead of helping poor persons,,,it ends up making
everybody poor and helps no one.

I don't like their attitude about life matters.
I understand younger kids are committing suicide now
because of their total confusion as to social matters, not
the least being what they learn in school, and it's starting earlier
and earlier...I predicted this would happen over 30 years ago.
(yeah, I'm a prophet...LOL)
Anyone could see where we're headed.

Now there's talk of being able to kill a baby for 24 hrs after
birth if there are birth defects. Now there's talk of . let's say -
a 30 year old man marrying a 14 year old girl if they're both agreed
to it.

Remember that the state we're in today started about 40 or 50 years ago
and here we are.

I think the divide is real and I don't understand how we could be one nation
united with such differing ideas.

I'm sorry about this. America is the best nation in the world...
or, it has been until now.

Jesus said He would set father against son
etc.

Jesus divided...He did not mean to unite.
A person is either in The Kingdom or out of it.

Jesus said He would set father against son
etc.

Jesus divided...He did not mean to unite.
A person is either in The Kingdom or out of it.
Yeah.... but that’s not what I’m talking about.

Jesus also said a house divided can’t stand. Matthew 12:22-28

Is Jesus contradicting himself, or does context play any part in Jesus words?

Also, why does Jesus say, ( and I’m paraphrasing) if they are for us, they can’t be against us . Luke 9:50

I was never liberal .

Ben Franklin ,said its a federal republic if you can keep it and also the founders said the constitution is for a moral society and none other .

Yeah.... but that’s not what I’m talking about.

Jesus also said a house divided can’t stand. Matthew 12:22-28

Is Jesus contradicting himself, or does context play any part in Jesus words?

Also, why does Jesus say, ( and I’m paraphrasing) if they are for us, they can’t be against us . Luke 9:50
The house IS divided, and this is why I'm worried it won't stand.

Jesus separated the believers because they have different ideas about things....
§As for Luke 9:50, I don't think ultra liberals are for Christians...
I mean, I don't think they're casting out demons in our name.
I don't think they're casting out demons....
the opposite. But I think we're trying to close down this thread so I'll keep it short.

I was never liberal .

Ben Franklin ,said its a federal republic if you can keep it and also the founders said the constitution is for a moral society and none other .
So what happened to the moral society?
I remember back in the 80's I complained to a candy store owner because
there were Playboy magazines on the countertop where minors could see them.
He replied that no one else complained.
Hints of things to come.

It's a joke now with what's happening....

So what happened to the moral society?
I remember back in the 80's I complained to a candy store owner because
there were Playboy magazines on the countertop where minors could see them.
He replied that no one else complained.
Hints of things to come.

It's a joke now with what's happening....
not that it ever was fully.

In part but not fully lay blame upon the hippies .

sure racism was awful ,there were the lies of the reasons for Viet nam.

the posts on things like that that the kkk did under the protection from the state's can't be ignored ,we ended that and now are turning against the white folk who had nothing to do with that or the past racial strife.

i don't want to derail this on my local knowledge of Florida history . in short we do well to remember

alcohol was illegal ,the feds poisoned people making moonshine
the syphilis experiments on blacks
abortion anyone ?
eugenics was acceptable in our culture prior ww2 and viola it is once again see roe v wade ,and the stats

Back