Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Looking for Jesus according to Luke

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
33) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 14:

Jesus said to him: “A man was spreading a grand evening meal, and he invited many. He sent his slave out at the hour of the evening meal to say to the invited ones, ‘Come, because everything is now ready.’ But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said to him, ‘I bought a field and need to go out and see it; I ask you, have me excused.’ And another said, ‘I bought five yoke of cattle and am going to examine them; I ask you, have me excused.’ Still another said, ‘I just got married, and for this reason I cannot come.’ So the slave came and reported these things to his master. Then the master of the house became angry and said to his slave, ‘Go out quickly to the main streets and the alleys of the city, and bring in here the poor and crippled and blind and lame.’ In time the slave said, ‘Master, what you ordered has been done, and still there is room.’ So the master said to the slave, ‘Go out to the roads and the lanes and compel them to come in, so that my house may be filled. For I say to you, none of those men who were invited will taste my evening meal.’”

- What about today?

- Is it so different?

- People are busy and find excuses?

- I am so and so but I am not practicing!

- What do you think will happen when Jesus comes as a king and a warrior to destroy this society?

- What happened to the Israelites?

- They made a bad end!

- Think about Lot’s wife!

- It is so simple and apparently so complicated!

- Remember the destruction of Jerusalem!

- The false prophets said nothing bad will arrive!

- They were wrong!

- When men follow man’s tradition and not God’s word, sooner or later they pay the price!

- God has always been warning men but they usually don’t care!

34) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 14:

- Now large crowds were traveling with him, and he turned and said to them: “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.

- Jesus tells us that it is not possible to be one of his disciples and be a tourist!

- We must be able to defend our faith!

- Otherwise it is dead!

- We must prepare ourselves for any bad situation!

- We must be at Jesus’ service!

- But the majority doesn’t do that!

- They think like the Israelites!

- But think about their end!

- Compare with the faithful servants of God!

- Jesus’ message is quite different from the religious leaders’ one!

- For those who may be interested!

Is there a Holy Trinity in Judaism?

In Judaism, the idea of God as a duality or trinity is heretical — it is even considered by some polytheistic. According to Judaic beliefs, the Torah rules out a trinitarian God in Deuteronomy (6:4): "Hear Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is one."

What do Jews think of the Holy Spirit?

In Judaism, the Holy Spirit (Hebrew: רוח הקודש, ruach ha-kodesh) refers to the divine force, quality, and influence of God over the universe or over God's creatures, in given contexts.

Do Messianic Jews believe in Trinity?

Many Messianic Jews affirm the doctrine of the Trinity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit as three representations of the same divinity.

Who do the Jews worship?

Yahweh

God in Judaism has been conceived in a variety of ways. Traditionally, Judaism holds that Yahweh, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and the national god of the Israelites, delivered the Israelites from slavery in Egypt, and gave them the Law of Moses at Mount Sinai as described in the Torah.
There are two G/gods in the Old Testament, the preincarnate Jesus and the god of the Jews to whom they offered burnt offerings that the pre-incarnate Jesus abhorred. I will explain later if people want me to, but I am dashing off to a Bible study at my local Anglican church now.

There are two G/gods in the Old Testament, the preincarnate Jesus and the god of the Jews to whom they offered burnt offerings that the pre-incarnate Jesus abhorred. I will explain later if people want me to, but I am dashing off to a Bible study at my local Anglican church now.
- I am waiting for that!

- I am waiting for that!
The true God (the pre-incarnate Jesus) said through the prophets.
Bring no more vain offerings; incense is an abomination to me. New moon and Sabbath and the calling of convocations—I cannot endure iniquity and solemn assembly. (Isaiah 1:13)

Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters, they have burnt in the fire to their gods. (Deu 12:31 KJV)

Isaiah 1:11 NKJV "To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices to Me?" Says the LORD. "I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams And the fat of fed cattle. I do not delight in the blood of bulls, Or of lambs or goats.

1 Samuel 15:22 NKJV So Samuel said: "Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, As in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed, is than the fat of rams.

Psa 40:5-6 Many, O LORD my God, are Your wonderful works Which You have done; And Your thoughts toward us Cannot be recounted to You in order; If I would declare and speak of them, They are more than can be numbered. Sacrifice and offering You did not desire; My ears You have opened. Burnt offering and sin offering You did not require.

The god of the Jews demands animal sacrifice.
Jeremiah 7:21 Thus says Yahweh of Armies, the God of Israel: Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices, and eat meat.

Ezekiel 20:40 For in my holy mountain, in the mountain of the height of Israel, says the Lord Yahweh, there shall all the house of Israel, all of them, serve me in the land: there will I accept them, and there will I require your offerings, and the first fruits of your offerings, with all your holy things.

Ezekiel 44:15 But the priests the Levites, the sons of Zadok, who performed the duty of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall come near to me to minister to me; and they shall stand before me to offer to me the fat and the blood, says the Lord Yahweh:

35) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 14:

Whoever does not carry his torture stake and come after me cannot be my disciple. For example, who of you wanting to build a tower does not first sit down and calculate the expense to see if he has enough to complete it? Otherwise, he might lay its foundation but not be able to finish it, and all the onlookers would start to ridicule him, saying: ‘This man started to build but was not able to finish.’ Or what king marching out against another king in war does not first sit down and take counsel whether he is able with 10,000 troops to stand up to the one who comes against him with 20,000? If, in fact, he cannot do so, then while that one is yet far away, he sends out a body of ambassadors and sues for peace. In the same way, you may be sure that not one of you who does not say good-bye to all his belongings can be my disciple.

- Remember Lot’s wife!

- Whom do we want to look like?

- It is not possible to have two masters?

- The master of this world is the devil!

- If we look toward this world, we can’t look toward God’s kingdom!

- The majority prefers to enjoy life!

- It’s a personal choice!

- Then there will be no surprise when Jesus says I don’t know you!

35) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 14:

Whoever does not carry his torture stake and come after me cannot be my disciple. For example, who of you wanting to build a tower does not first sit down and calculate the expense to see if he has enough to complete it? Otherwise, he might lay its foundation but not be able to finish it, and all the onlookers would start to ridicule him, saying: ‘This man started to build but was not able to finish.’ Or what king marching out against another king in war does not first sit down and take counsel whether he is able with 10,000 troops to stand up to the one who comes against him with 20,000? If, in fact, he cannot do so, then while that one is yet far away, he sends out a body of ambassadors and sues for peace. In the same way, you may be sure that not one of you who does not say good-bye to all his belongings can be my disciple.

- Remember Lot’s wife!

- Whom do we want to look like?

- It is not possible to have two masters?

- The master of this world is the devil!

- If we look toward this world, we can’t look toward God’s kingdom!

- The majority prefers to enjoy life!

- It’s a personal choice!

- Then there will be no surprise when Jesus says I don’t know you!
Jesus first in all things, for Hebrews 13:5, Matthew 6:24 and the love of money is the root of all evil.

The true God (the pre-incarnate Jesus) said through the prophets.
Bring no more vain offerings; incense is an abomination to me. New moon and Sabbath and the calling of convocations—I cannot endure iniquity and solemn assembly. (Isaiah 1:13)
-To answer this I have to copy what i wrote about Isaiah chapter one!
1) LOOKING FOR ISAIAH
Chapter One

- Isaiah tells about a vision he saw about Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah, kings of Judah !
- God tells about sons he has brought up and raised !
- But they have revolted against him !
- Israel doesn’t know God !
- He calls them a sinful nation !
- They are called wicked men, corrupt children !
- They have treated God with disrespect !
- They have turned their backs on him !
- The whole head is sick !
- The whole heart is diseased !
- About the whole body, nothing is healthy !
- The land is desolate !
- The cities are burned with fire !
- Israel is compared to Sodom and Gomorrah !
- God has enough of their sacrifices !
- It is detestable to God !
- God is not listening anymore to Israel !
- The faithful city has become a prostitute !
- It is time for God to turn his hand against israel !
- Sometimes when I hear some people, it seems to be we are not reading the same Bible !
- It is not possible to be more clear !
- Or people prefer to be deaf and blind !

-To answer this I have to copy what i wrote about Isaiah chapter one!
1) LOOKING FOR ISAIAH
Chapter One

- Isaiah tells about a vision he saw about Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah, kings of Judah !
- God tells about sons he has brought up and raised !
- But they have revolted against him !
- Israel doesn’t know God !
- He calls them a sinful nation !
- They are called wicked men, corrupt children !
- They have treated God with disrespect !
- They have turned their backs on him !
- The whole head is sick !
- The whole heart is diseased !
- About the whole body, nothing is healthy !
- The land is desolate !
- The cities are burned with fire !
- Israel is compared to Sodom and Gomorrah !
- God has enough of their sacrifices !
- It is detestable to God !
- God is not listening anymore to Israel !
- The faithful city has become a prostitute !
- It is time for God to turn his hand against israel !
- Sometimes when I hear some people, it seems to be we are not reading the same Bible !
- It is not possible to be more clear !
- Or people prefer to be deaf and blind !
What you write is very true and it is so, so sad.

And to think the Jews themselves seem to be unaware of what is written in their own Bible.

Do you mind if I keep your study for future reference?

According to the Jerusalem Talmud, Isaiah, fearing King Manasseh, hid himself in a cedar-tree, but his presence was betrayed by the fringes of his garment, and King Manasseh caused the tree to be sawn in half. A passage of the Targum to Isaiah quoted by Jolowicz states that when Isaiah fled from his pursuers and took refuge in the tree, and the tree was sawn in half, the prophet's blood spurted forth. The legend of Isaiah's martyrdom spread to the Arabs and to the Christians as, for example, Athanasius the bishop of Alexandria (c. 318) wrote, "Isaiah was sawn asunder".

36) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 14:

- “Salt, to be sure, is fine. But if the salt loses its strength, with what will it be seasoned? It is not suitable for soil or for manure. People throw it away. Let the one who has ears to listen, listen.”

- Jesus taught us about God’s word!

- He didn’t teach us about Man’s tradition!

- Or he warned us against it!

- When we read the Bible, we are told how God’s word was corrupted by the Israelites and the Jews!

- They were rejected by God!

- But they kept going after man’s tradition which corrupted!

- Jesus, the apostles, Paul told us about such a corruption!

- But people don’t really care!

- They keep following man’s tradition!

- The Israelites and the Jews kept following their religious leaders!

- They lost everything!

- Yes, “let the one who has ears to listen, listen.”

37) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 15:

- Now all the tax collectors and the sinners kept gathering around him to hear him. “And both the Pharisees and the scribes kept muttering: “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”

- On the one hand, tax collectors and sinners!

- On the other hand, Pharisees and scribes!

- Two different categories of people!

- Some want to be taught by Jesus!

- Others don’t care!

- Find the mistake!

- Those who think they know usually don’t know anything!

- Those who don’t know and look for are on their way to knowledge!

- Knowledge is not a point to reach, it is a continuous process!

- The brain is made for it!

- There is no limit to it except death!

- If you are ready, you can make it grow and grow!

38) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 15:

- Jesus tells an illustration about a man having 100 sheep!

- If he loses one, he will leave the 99 to go after the lost one!

- When he finds it he will rejoice!

- When he comes back home he will tell everybody!

- So it is the same in heaven, there will be more joy over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous ones who have no need of repentance!

- For Jesus every person is important!

- Quite different from religious leaders!

- Either God and Jesus want the biggest number of human beings to repent and be saved!

- But there are conditions!

- People must show they want to live under their authority!

- They are gathering people!

- And it is necessary to prepare for that!

- Remember the flood!

- Only Noah and his family escaped!

- There is no mystery!

- There is no maybe!

- There are certitudes!

- If we don’t look for, we can forget it!

- There will be no surprise!

- When Jesus will say I don’t know you, it will mean I don’t know you!

- if he says I know you, it will mean I know you!

39) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 15:

- “Or what woman who has ten drachma coins, if she loses one of the drachmas, does not light a lamp and sweep her house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she has found it, she calls her friends and neighbors together, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the drachma coin that I had lost.’ In the same way, I tell you, joy arises among the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

- Light!

- Darkness!

- Lost!

- repentance!

- Joy!

- God has given mankind a lot of time!

- The majority of humanity is unable to understand that!

- He wants people to repent and look for him!

- He sent his son for that!

- But they corrupted his message!

- They corrupted every little part of it!

- They pushed men to kill one another in the name of God!

- Or in the name of their gods!

- Always man’s tradition vs God’s word!

- In fact, the majority of mankind doesn’t really care about God!

- It was the same with the flood!

- It was the same with the Israelites and the Jews!

- They all did a bad end!

- And history is going to reproduce again sooner or later!

- But this time it will be to put an end to this society!

40) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 15:

- Then he said: “A man had two sons. And the younger one said to his father, ‘Father, give me the share of the property that should come to me.’ So he divided his belongings between them. A few days later, the younger son gathered all his things together and traveled to a distant country and there squandered his property by living a debauched life. When he had spent everything, a severe famine occurred throughout that country, and he fell into need. He even went and attached himself to one of the citizens of that country, who sent him into his fields to herd swine. And he longed to be filled with the carob pods that the swine were eating, but no one would give him anything. “When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired men have more than enough bread, while I am dying here from hunger! I will get up and travel to my father and say to him: “Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy of being called your son. Make me as one of your hired men.”’ So he got up and went to his father. While he was still a long way off, his father caught sight of him and was moved with pity, and he ran and embraced him and tenderly kissed him. Then the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy of being called your son.’ But the father said to his slaves, ‘Quick! bring out a robe, the best one, and clothe him with it, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet. Also bring the fattened calf, slaughter it, and let us eat and celebrate, for this son of mine was dead but has come to life again; he was lost and has been found.’ And they started to enjoy themselves.

- It is a good description of man, isn’t it?

- The only difference is that man usually doesn’t go back to God!

- And the situation keeps deteriorating!

- And Jesus will come to put an end to such a situation!

- May we understand the lesson!

- May we make the right choice!

- May I ask a question to everybody ?

- I will let people time!

- Then I will answer too!

- There is no trap!

- WHAT IS ALL THE BIBLE ABOUT EXCEPT THE FACT THAT IT IS GOD’S WORD ?

- There may be different answers depending on the elements we have!

Back