Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Love the Lord Your God With All Your Heart. A Commentary on Matthew 22:37

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

James Brown

Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
- Matthew 22:37
Thoughts on Today’s Bible Verse:
This is the most important commandment. The Lord hopes that we can love Him with all our heart, with all our mind, and without our impurity or demands, or misunderstandings of God or suspicion. He hopes that we can love Him more than love our family and marriage, and expend our whole life for Him.
Share a passage of God’s words: “It is hoped that you can love God with all your heart, with all your mind, and with all your strength, just as if you were protecting your own life. Is this not a life of the utmost meaning? Where else could you find the meaning of life? Would that not be so blind? Are you willing to love God? Is God worthy of man’s love? Are people worthy of man’s adoration? So what should you do? Love God boldly, without reservations—and see what God will do to you. See if He will slay you. In sum, the task of loving God is more important than copying and writing things down for God. You should give first place to what’s most important, so that your life has more meaning and is full of happiness, and then you should wait for God’s ‘sentence’ for you. I wonder if your plan will include loving God—I would that everyone’s plans become that which is completed by God, and become reality.
Only if we pursue loving God can we live out a life of meaning. May we all become people who love God. Amen!

Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
- Matthew 22:37
Thoughts on Today’s Bible Verse:
This is the most important commandment. The Lord hopes that we can love Him with all our heart, with all our mind, and without our impurity or demands, or misunderstandings of God or suspicion. He hopes that we can love Him more than love our family and marriage, and expend our whole life for Him.
Share a passage of God’s words: “It is hoped that you can love God with all your heart, with all your mind, and with all your strength, just as if you were protecting your own life. Is this not a life of the utmost meaning? Where else could you find the meaning of life? Would that not be so blind? Are you willing to love God? Is God worthy of man’s love? Are people worthy of man’s adoration? So what should you do? Love God boldly, without reservations—and see what God will do to you. See if He will slay you. In sum, the task of loving God is more important than copying and writing things down for God. You should give first place to what’s most important, so that your life has more meaning and is full of happiness, and then you should wait for God’s ‘sentence’ for you. I wonder if your plan will include loving God—I would that everyone’s plans become that which is completed by God, and become reality.
Only if we pursue loving God can we live out a life of meaning. May we all become people who love God. Amen!

Amen!
Matthew 6:21 Jesus said,
'For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. "

If the Lord is our treasure, then our heart will be loving the Lord !

Just a couple of things that stood out to me

Share a passage of God’s words: “It is hoped that you can love God with all your heart, with all your mind, and with all your strength, just as if you were protecting your own life.

If we are to love God with all of our heart, soul and mind, then it is just as if we were willing to lay down our own lives, not by protecting it.

Be ye perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect. Practice perfect forgiveness, for he causes it to rain on both the just and the unjust alike.

Love God boldly, without reservations—and see what God will do to you.

We are to love God with Humility and meekness; The thought of loving God boldly causes me to think about the Pharisees and those who stand on the street corners praying openly to be seen. But if you do so in secret, then your Father which is in Heaven will reward you openly.

James Brown sang my, all time, favorite to sing when I was young, "I Feel Good.¨ Good controversial verse and important, both, to remember and to incorporate into our moment to moment lives and/or lifestyles.

The only issue I have seen arise in the past 30 years of following Yashuah ha'Mashiah is misuse by the intentionally misguided and their unfoundable refusal to die in the defense of their wives, children, mother and/or country,

So many cling to False Teacher and/or their false teachings, refusing the very foundation Christianity is taught by Yashuah from. This has awarded us with people that have never, and never intend to read the Holy Scriptures from, "In the beginning..." of Genesis 1 through the very last word of Revelation 22. They will never see the Complete Context, known by me as the Major or Overall Context of the book.

By pulling the Scriptures apart, any prechosen position can and too often is supported, according to the teaching of heretics. Men should stand ready to die for our Mashiah but the Feel Good Pew Whales will not. They seem to prefer dying for naught.

If we are truly loving God with all that is within us then we will place Him above our self and everything on this earth including our family. Why would we love God more than our own family is because of God's unconditional love for mankind no matter who they are. When we learn that God does not put conditions on us to love Him then we will not put conditions on our family and force them to love us.

It's God's nature to love as He sends sun and rain on the righteous and the unrighteous, Matthew 5:43-48. God wants to save all of us from sin unto death as there is no greater love than one who lays His life down for another, John 15:13. This is what Jesus did for us as He laid down His own life (love) that we can have life eternal with Him and the Father as this is given to all who walk in the love of the Lord.

I will leave you with a thought to ponder. We were all enemies of God at one time lost in our sin, but yet God loved us.

Back