Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

LUCIFER

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

jeremiah1five

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:
I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying,
Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
Isaiah 14:12–16.

11 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. 13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. 16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. 17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. 19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more. Eze. 28:11–19.

Here, Strong defines the word as:

Hebrew Word: מִמְשַׁח
Transliteration: mimshaḥ
Phonetic Pronunciation: mim-shakh’
Root: from <H4886>, in the sense of expansion
from <H4886> (mashach), in the sense of expansion; outspread (i.e. with outstretched wings)

The ministry of Lucifer was to guard/station at the throne of God on earth. This was BEFORE Adam and Eve. My guess is the throne was at what is now called Jerusalem. At any rate, Lucifer was himself created "sin-ful" or missing the mark of the glory of God which is why sin was found in him. Cherubs guard holy earthly things and seraphim guard holy heavenly things. No doubt Lucifer was jealous and envious and wanted to be 'like God.' So, what can be understood, implied, and reasoned from these two passages of Scripture dealing with ol' slew-foot? What can be learned about this cherub and the circumstances that surround him?

There are only two 'heavens' in creation.
The first heaven is the atmosphere from the ground to where outer space begins.
The second heaven is where the moon, planets and stars reside.
Lucifer was guarding the throne of God on earth and this is first heaven. He made attempt to go into second heaven:

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:

That's what he thought in his heart. But the instant the thought occurred he was cast down immediately.
He never got the chance to do what he thought to do.

There are only two 'heavens' in creation.
The first heaven is the atmosphere from the ground to where outer space begins.
The second heaven is where the moon, planets and stars reside.
2 Corinthians 12:2 kjv
2. I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

While in creation there are only 2 heavens created, there is a 3rd heaven. At the time of creation there was a 3rd heaven
Already existing.

Jesus is now in the 3rd heaven with the Father.

Just to help with the discussion.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

For me from the biblical projection of his ultimate fate the current mindset of the devil can be equated in human terms , to the mindset of the mass shooter.
The mindset of the mass shooter before the shooting actually begins, is to anticipate that one future moment when at last they will have absolute physical control/power over others to perpetrate as much evil , carnage , misery in a very brief period of time as they possibly can , their own time being brief.
The devil is doing this right now as we speak.
Anticipating his one brief moment of a longed for level of control & violence, on a scale never seen before.
There is no doubt in my mind that at least some of the mass shootings that we see today with greater frequency are demonic in nature.

For me from the biblical projection of his ultimate fate the current mindset of the devil can be equated in human terms , to the mindset of the mass shooter.
The mindset of the mass shooter before the shooting actually begins, is to anticipate that one future moment when at last they will have absolute physical control/power over others to perpetrate as much evil , carnage , misery in a very brief period of time as they possibly can , their own time being brief.
The devil is doing this right now as we speak.
Anticipating his one brief moment of a longed for level of control & violence, on a scale never seen before.
There is no doubt in my mind that at least some of the mass shootings that we see today with greater frequency are demonic in nature.
Must begin with attitude.

11 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. 13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. 16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. 17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. 19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more. Eze. 28:11–19.

from <H4886> (mashach), in the sense of expansion; outspread (i.e. with outstretched wings)

The ministry of Lucifer was to guard/station at the throne of God on earth. This was BEFORE Adam and Eve. My guess is the throne was at what is now called Jerusalem. At any rate, Lucifer was himself created "sin-ful" or missing the mark of the glory of God which is why sin was found in him. Cherubs guard holy earthly things and seraphim guard holy heavenly things. No doubt Lucifer was jealous and envious and wanted to be 'like God.' So, what can be understood, implied, and reasoned from these two passages of Scripture dealing with ol' slew-foot? What can be learned about this cherub and the circumstances that surround him?
God created Satan sinless, therefore the appearance of wickedness was Satan's doing, his free will choice.

Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

From the day you were created you were blameless in your ways until wickedness was found in you. (Ezek. 28:15 CSB)

We can deduce the wickedness from what he accused Job of:

9 So Satan answered the LORD and said, "Does Job fear God for nothing?
10 "Have You not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land.
11 "But now, stretch out Your hand and touch all that he has, and he will surely curse You to Your face!"
(Job 1:9-11 NKJ)-

Satan realized he served God for selfish reasons, and just as thieves believe everyone is a thief he assumed Job did the same.

Last edited:
God created Satan sinless, therefore the appearance of wickedness was Satan's doing, his free will choice.

Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

From the day you were created you were blameless in your ways until wickedness was found in you. (Ezek. 28:15 CSB)

We can deduce the wickedness from what he accused Job of:

9 So Satan answered the LORD and said, "Does Job fear God for nothing?
10 "Have You not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land.
11 "But now, stretch out Your hand and touch all that he has, and he will surely curse You to Your face!"
(Job 1:9-11 NKJ)-

Satan realized he served God for selfish reasons, and just as thieves believe everyone is a thief he assumed Job did the same.
Sinless? That's a Deific Attribute. Well, if Lucifer was sinless then he'd MUST possess ALL the other Deific Attributes of God like omnipotence, omniscience, all-knowing, eternal, all-wise, all knowledge, etc., because IF Lucifer was only sinless but fell short on the other Deific Attributes of God then he was fallen short of the glory of God. The word for that is "sin-ful."

Notice that Lucifer didn't commit an act of sin. Sin was FOUND IN HIM. Big difference. That implies that he was created sin-ful, missing the mark of the glory of God. The word for that is "harmatia" in Greek translated "sin." Why do you give Lucifer all this glory when he's only an obedient sin-ful servant of God and locked up in jail?

And the word "perfect" means "complete." similar to the word "good" that God called His creation after a creative act on His part. It means "good" enough or "to specification."
"Perfect" and "good" DO NOT mean sinless or holy.
There is ONLY ONE GOD.
Not two [Lucifer].
Not three [Adam].

It is IMPOSSIBLE for God to reduplicate Himself or any of His Nature or Attributes in created matter.
Do you even understand this?

Sinless? That's a Deific Attribute. Well, if Lucifer was sinless then he'd MUST possess ALL the other Deific Attributes of God like omnipotence, omniscience, all-knowing, eternal, all-wise, all knowledge, etc., because IF Lucifer was only sinless but fell short on the other Deific Attributes of God then he was fallen short of the glory of God. The word for that is "sin-ful."

Notice that Lucifer didn't commit an act of sin. Sin was FOUND IN HIM. Big difference. That implies that he was created sin-ful, missing the mark of the glory of God. The word for that is "harmatia" in Greek translated "sin." Why do you give Lucifer all this glory when he's only an obedient sin-ful servant of God and locked up in jail?

And the word "perfect" means "complete." similar to the word "good" that God called His creation after a creative act on His part. It means "good" enough or "to specification."
"Perfect" and "good" DO NOT mean sinless or holy.
There is ONLY ONE GOD.
Not two [Lucifer].
Not three [Adam].

It is IMPOSSIBLE for God to reduplicate Himself or any of His Nature or Attributes in created matter.
Do you even understand this?

What I understand is your theory contradicts the scripture you cited. Satan was created blameless [until he created] the wickedness found in him, not God. God rested on the seventh day, so He did not create the wickedness:

What I understand is your theory contradicts the scripture you cited. Satan was created blameless [until he created] the wickedness found in him, not God. God rested on the seventh day, so He did not create the wickedness:

So, the ALL-KNOWING God overlooked this about him?

15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. Eze 28:15.

The word "perfect" [blameless in your corrupt translation] means "complete," not sinless. Your translation is not a good translation to be confusing Christians like this. But that's what the Revised Version of 1881 was used for. Satan has been attacking God's Word for centuries. And Christians never learn a translations origin and buy into Satan's plan. They help him bring confusion.

There are only two ways known to man: life and death, truth and lie, holy and sinful.

Many here say Lucifer and/or Adam was sinless. That translates to being HOLY.

If Lucifer and Adam are not sin-ful then the other way before God is sinless.

ONLY GOD IS SINLESS.

ONLY GOD.

There are only two ways known to man: life and death, truth and lie, holy and sinful.

ONLY GOD IS SINLESS.

ONLY GOD.
Ecclesiastes 7:29 kjv
29. Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

On the evidence of two or three witnesses.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

So, the ALL-KNOWING God overlooked this about him?

15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. Eze 28:15.

The word "perfect" [blameless in your corrupt translation] means "complete," not sinless. Your translation is not a good translation to be confusing Christians like this. But that's what the Revised Version of 1881 was used for. Satan has been attacking God's Word for centuries. And Christians never learn a translations origin and buy into Satan's plan. They help him bring confusion.
God knows all things, before they exist---God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did; (Rom. 4:17 NKJ)

But to deal directly with your claim of bad translation, that is incorrect. The same word describes Noah (Gen. 6:9) and Abraham (Gen. 17:1). Sin is missing the mark of God's perfection, that is what Satan did of his own volition.

Logos10 Bible Sense Lexicon "blameless-free of guilt; not subject to blame."

God knew Satan would sin and cause the Fall. But God also foreknew them that loved Him, and that includes the 2/3 of the angels who did not join Satan's rebellion. For their sake, God endures with much long-suffering vessels of wrath, prepared for destruction:

22 What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction,
23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory,
24 even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? (Rom. 9:22-24 NKJ)

ONLY GOD IS SINLESS.

ONLY GOD.
I partly agree. Only God is Perfect in Holiness:

He puts no trust in His holy ones; The heavens are not guiltless in His sight; (Job 15:15 TNK)

But Satan wasn't sinful until he decided he served God for selfish reasons, and rebelled against Him.

I'm speculating now, but its likely Satan could have begged God to purge the iniquity before he sinned.

[This is hypothetical, because he is the Devil, the father of lies and all evil But it was his choice to sin, and therefore what happens to him is upon his own head. Its his own fault.]

By a Spirit of Judgment, by a Spirit of burning, purge it out of him just as God will do for the daughters of Zion:

When the Lord has washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and purged the blood of Jerusalem from her midst, by the spirit of judgment and by the spirit of burning, (Isa. 4:4 NKJ)

Just as He does for many who go to hell, slaves of sin and delusion. God restores them to sanity, the fire of God's inspection brings to the surface, the truth of the individual much as a torture rack caused truth to come out, or the gold revealed through its covering.

That is what the Torments in Hades are designed to do.

"And being in torments (931 βάσανος basanos)in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. (Lk. 16:23 NKJ)

931 βάσανος basanos

Meaning: 1) a touchstone, which is a black siliceous stone used to test the purity of gold or silver by the colour of the streak produced on it by rubbing it with either metal 2) the rack or instrument of torture by which one is forced to divulge the truth 3) torture, torment, acute pains 3a) of the pains of a disease 3b) of those in hell after death.

Evidently, there is no forgiveness for Satan and angels once they sin. Even the angelic "sons of God" who did not join Satan's rebellion, but sinned with human females, are forever bound in "everlasting chains":

And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; (Jude 1:6 NKJ)

Last edited:
Are you guys never ashamed in the slightest to be always seen to never talk with even any of the simplest of understanding. ( it is simplicity to understand Christ. 2 Corinthians 11:3.)

The proverb is against the king of Babylon, the Lord breaks the staff of the rulers, of the wicked, the king of Babylon ruled the nations in anger, now is persecuted and nobody helps.

The answer to the messenger of the nation, is that the Lord has founded Zion, the poor of HIs people shall trust in it.

It was the time when the wicked profane prince of Israel had his day come, when iniquity had an end, as the Lord said, remove the diadem, take off is crown, it would never be the same after this, because exaltation comes to Him that was low, as abasing came to him that was high, ( king Nebuchadnezzar and lucifer) God overturns and it is no more and God gives it unto Him whose right it is. ( The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.)

Genesis 49:10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

Isaiah 14:4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!
5 The Lord hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers.
6 He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, and none hindereth.

Isaiah 14:32 What shall one then answer the messengers of the nation? That the Lord hath founded Zion, and the poor of his people shall trust in it.

Isaiah 21:25 And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,
26 Thus saith the Lord God; Remove the diadem, and take off the crown: this shall not be the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high.
27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.

Here is the matter on Nebuchadnezzer, to the intent that the living may know that the most High rules in the kingdom of men, and gives it to whomsoever He will, and sets up over it the basest of men.

Daniel 4:17 This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.

Daniel 4:25 That they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field, and they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and they shall wet thee with the dew of heaven, and seven times shall pass over thee, till thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.

Daniel 4:32 And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.

Nebuchadnezzar had his understanding returned to him, at the end of days.

Now Nebuchadnezzar praised and extolled and honoured the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and His ways judgment: and those that walk in pride He is able to abase.

Daniel 4:34 And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation:
35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?
36 At the same time my reason returned unto me; and for the glory of my kingdom, mine honour and brightness returned unto me; and my counsellors and my lords sought unto me; and I was established in my kingdom, and excellent majesty was added unto me.
37 Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase.

Micah 4:10
Be in pain, and labour to bring forth, O daughter of Zion, like a woman in travail: for now shalt thou go forth out of the city, and thou shalt dwell in the field, and thou shalt go even to Babylon; there shalt thou be delivered; there the Lord shall redeem thee from the hand of thine enemies.

That was the kingdoms rebuked by the Lord, and then we hear of the one coming whose right it is, sitting on the throne of David, in mercy establishing the throne, hasting righteousness.( unlike the thrones of this world all rebuked and finished)

The King is meek, lowly, having salvation.

He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts., He has put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree. He has filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he has sent empty away.

Isaiah 16:5 And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

Luke 1:50 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.
51 He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
52 He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.
53 He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.

Matthew 21:5 Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.

God's creations were perfect Jeremiah, Lucifer created lucifer, through free will satan chose to rebel against God.

God's creations were perfect Jeremiah, Lucifer created lucifer, through free will satan chose to rebel against God.
You believe God gave his creational creatures FREE WILL?
You believe God doesn't interfere with man or angels FEE WILL?

That's a lie and I'll prove it.

Let's say we're a few years down the road and I'm a father. I want to take my boy to the park and throw the ball around. That's my FREE WILL to do, right?

Then, before I exit my vehicle at the park parking lot I hear a TRUMPET! Then I see something in the clouds. It's Jesus Christ coming back a second time as promised!

Now everything is over. No throwing the ball around with my boy because the angels are sent to the winds to gather God's Elect.

I can't throw the ball around with my boy as was my FREE WILL to do!

God has actively INTERFERED with my FREE WILL and now we are performing HIS WILL.

C'mon, man, THINK!

Back