Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Man was in Pangaea

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The word day means a period-of-time, depending on context. Usually, it is twenty-four hours, but the beginning and end times that tell of the eternal God are the exception.
Depending on the planet in the solar system within the long clock.

And that would reflect on the teacher.
Well, Jesus had that issue when He was at a larger objective, too.

Matthew 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

(Barbarian shakes the dust from his shoes) So I'm in good company.

Last edited:
Your disagreement is the Bible, not me.
I can merely point out that the Bible does not say God created carnivores to eat plants. You just made that up.

Is it beginning to occur to you that the Bible is not a science book? It's not about how tigers eat. It's about God and man and our relationship and how to have a relationship with Him. If you try to use it otherwise, you will always be misled.

I can merely point out that the Bible does not say God created carnivores to eat plants. You just made that up.

Is it beginning to occur to you that the Bible is not a science book? It's not about how tigers eat. It's about God and man and our relationship and how to have a relationship with Him. If you try to use it otherwise, you will always be misled.
Gen 1:30 says you are wrong.

Gen 1:30 says you are wrong.
No. As you see, God made spiders, Tigers, etc. unable to survive on plant life. Reality beats anyone's interpretation of scripture. One literalist suggested that Eden lacked any carnivores, who were all outside the garden. Which is reasonable. But beside the point.

No. As you see, God made spiders, Tigers, etc. unable to survive on plant life. Reality beats anyone's interpretation of scripture. One literalist suggested that Eden lacked any carnivores, who were all outside the garden. Which is reasonable. But beside the point.
So when the Bible directly contradicts your pet theory... you throw the Bible under the bus.
You haven't engaged with the verse at all.
Gen 1:30 states that all beasts of the earth ate green herbs. Which part of that is saying... except the spiders and tigers.

So when the Bible directly contradicts your pet theory... you throw the Bible under the bus.
I just showed how you were doing that. Instead of inventing things like "Bible says tigers were vegetarians", why not just focus on what God is telling you? Hint: it's not about carnivores being vegetarians. One literalist suggested that Eden lacked any carnivores, who were all outside the garden. Which is reasonable. But beside the point.

I just showed how you were doing that. Instead of inventing things like "Bible says tigers were vegetarians", why not just focus on what God is telling you? Hint: it's not about carnivores being vegetarians. One literalist suggested that Eden lacked any carnivores, who were all outside the garden. Which is reasonable. But beside the point.
Again you don't engage with the verse.
The verse says all animals on land where ruminants.
Don't argue with me... but rather with the text.

The verse says all animals on land where ruminants.
Nope. That's another of your additions to scripture. You're arguing with the text again.

Perhaps you don't know what "ruminants" means?

Again, you're straining at gnats. Listen to what God is actually saying to you in the Bible, and these things won't be a distraction for you any more.

Nope. That's another of your additions to scripture. You're arguing with the text again.
And you refuse to engage with the text.
How am I arguing with the text when the text agrees with me?
Maybe read the about me section of my bio.
Again, you're straining at gnats. Listen to what God is actually saying to you in the Bible, and these things won't be a distraction for you any more.
So please explain Gen 1:30.

And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creeps on the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

What part of EVERY BEAST OF THE EARTH excludes tigers?

And you refuse to engage with the text.
How am I arguing with the text when the text agrees with me?
Because it doesn't agree with you. Nothing whatever about ruminants.

Maybe read the about me section of my bio.
Better to just note this:
Ruminant: Any of various hoofed, even-toed, usually horned mammals of the suborder Ruminantia, such as cattle, sheep, deer, antelopes, and giraffes

You have a different definition? That would explicitly exclude tigers. No rumin. Interestingly, whales retain a primitive rumin. Evolved from artiodactyls, (even-toed ungulates) you know.

You're still letting your own ideas pull you away from what God is trying to show you in the Bible. Let go of your own wishes, and just listen to him. It's not about tigers having rumins. It's not about spiders being herbivores. It's about God and man and our relationship. That's good enough for God. It should be good enough for you.

Because it doesn't agree with you. Nothing whatever about ruminants.

Better to just note this:
Ruminant: Any of various hoofed, even-toed, usually horned mammals of the suborder Ruminantia, such as cattle, sheep, deer, antelopes, and giraffes

You have a different definition? That would explicitly exclude tigers. No rumin. Interestingly, whales retain a primitive rumin. Evolved from artiodactyls, (even-toed ungulates) you know.

You're still letting your own ideas pull you away from what God is trying to show you in the Bible. Let go of your own wishes, and just listen to him. It's not about tigers having rumins. It's not about spiders being herbivores. It's about God and man and our relationship. That's good enough for God. It should be good enough for you.
For the umpteenth time... will you address Gen 1:30 or not?

Back