Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] man's science vs. God

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Biblereader said:
No, wrong Slevin. The Bible DOES say God created man from the dust of the earth, and that He created THE DUST.

Uh-huh, but the specific quote says that in the beginning he created the heavens and the earth. I didn't say that the Bible doesn't say that God created man from the dust of the ground.

The scientist in the story quoted that out of context. It doesn't say "in the beginning God created man out of dirt" so if the scientist wanted to do what God did in the beginning, he'd have to create the heavens and the earth first, obviously something a little more difficult than just taking dirt and creating a dude.

Biblereader said:
The burden of proof you said I was shifting upon you, HERE:

Yes, you claimed that I needed God I asked in what way and you shifted the burden. I'm not claiming I don't need God, I'm asking you to prove why I need God.

I don't have a conversion experience since I'm not a Christian, I thought it was fairly obvious.

No, really, they're not.

[quoite]Science even has god did it type excuses for what they cannot explain.[/quote]

Someone's had a little fun with your trust. Let's take a look at the "god type excuses":

1) Natural selection.

Demonstrably true. Undergraduates can directly observe it in expriments. You might as well call gravity a "god type excuse."

2) Given enough time, anything can happen.

I've heard creationists say thins, but never a scientist. Why do you suppose that is?

3) Odds don't count, because science no longer counts it.

This one, too. I've seen it expressed by creationists, but never by scientists. In fact, almost every sceintific paper I've read has a discussion of the odds.

If we can see it, it did happen.

Got me there. Yes, science depends on evidence. Never thought of the truth as an "excuse", though. But then, I'm not a creationist.

So there is a lot of faith and assumptions from the other side as well.

That's the part they suckered you on. BTW, if you really are a Christian, you should consider the truth to be important. He tells us to know the truth and it will set us free. It could set you free, too.

BTW, if you really are a Christian, you should consider the truth to be important. He tells us to know the truth and it will set us free. It could set you free, too.

:tongue :roll: Listen to yourself, and put your words into action, boy... :x

You can fear the truth, or you can accept it. You're afraid that, if you follow the truth, it will take you away from some of your cherished beliefs. But it will bring you closer to God.

You have to die to the world to be born again in God. Let Him take charge. And you'll be happier.

You can fear the truth, or you can accept it. You're afraid that, if you follow the truth, it will take you away from some of your cherished beliefs. But it will bring you closer to God.

You have to die to the world to be born again in God. Let Him take charge. And you'll be happier.

And the philiosophy of evolution does that? :-?

Nonsense, boy. Who's been filling your head with that garbage?
God' Word is the Truth:

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.

3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood[a] it.

John 1

Barbarian observes:

And the philiosophy of evolution does that?

No, a humble acceptance of God and His will does that.

Nonsense, boy. Who's been filling your head with that garbage?

The One who said this...
Luke 18:17
Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

Have you been eatin's them magic shrooms again?

You can't drink or drug your way out of the fix you're in, either. Nor is there a magic formula to memorize. Not all who say "Lord, Lord" will enter the kingdom.

Chanting verses and prooftexting won't save you, either. Jesus saves by changing the hearts of men. Let Him do that.

Before it's too late.

No, a humble acceptance of God and His will does that.

Wait, you forgot one...His Word.

But you reject it, because it doesn't make sense to your inflated ego. :o

Remember, we're saved by grace, through faith. You have no faith in God's Word, so at this point, your not saved. The opportunity stands right before you. Submit yourself to His Word, Son, Will, and Kingship...or perish.

Ha! And the last laugh is on you. :tongue

Remember, I'm the one you called the atheist, troll... :tongue

It's always fun jacking with you guys... :tongue

Later

Charlie

Maybe I'll pop in under another name in the future, and jack with ya'll some more...ha!! :tongue

Wait, you forgot one...His Word.

Jesus never said that you had to accept the Bible to be saved.

But you reject it, because it doesn't make sense to your inflated ego.

I just accept it the way it is, because I don't have to change it to my liking.

Remember, we're saved by grace, through faith. You have no faith in God's Word,

I worship God, not a book. Bibolatry isn't going to save you.

so at this point, your not saved.

You aren't God, remember?

Ha! And the last laugh is on you.

Remember, I'm the one you called the atheist, troll...

You clever rascal, you. Very devious. Very Charlie.

It's always fun jacking with you guys...

You've been very useful, Charlie.

Maybe I'll pop in under another name in the future, and jack with ya'll some more...ha!!

Will you cuss us out again, too?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back