Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Matt 23:1-3 question

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Neither
Do you believe Jesus is the way the truth and the life?
Do you need the whole chapter to believe it?
One word of scripture is the inspired word of God, one word of Jesus is still the eternal word of Jesus
Heaven and earth shall pass away but my words shall not pass away!

Thanks
So you think context is not worth anything?

So Jesus told the woman caught in adultery to "go and sin"... why are the extra words of "no more" important to the understanding of the passage.

The words "go and sin" are just as inspired as "no more" so why bother with the extra baggage of "no more"?

Again... a lot of quotes without making a point.
What is your point?
Eph 5:24 the church is subject unto christ
The church has always said JN 3:5 is baptismal regeneration
You have not explained what I asked you to.

If John 3:5 is about Baptism... how is the next verse about natural and spiritual birth?
cos he asked can I enter my mothers womb and be born again referring to the first creation or birth

Eph 5:24 the church is subject unto christ
The church has always said JN 3:5 is baptismal regeneration
Not in my church it is not. So someone is in error here.

And you blindly follow to teachings that were passed on to you?
cos he asked can I enter my mothers womb and be born again referring to the first creation or birth
And you don't see the two verses being related to each other?

If one sentence from Christ's mouth is water and spirit birth... and the very next sentence is natural and spirit birth... does that not form a connection in your mind?

Does anyone else on this thread agree that John 3:5 is about baptism or about new birth in the spiritual?

Not in my church it is not. So someone is in error here.

And you blindly follow to teachings that were passed on to you?

And you don't see the two verses being related to each other?

If one sentence from Christ's mouth is water and spirit birth... and the very next sentence is natural and spirit birth... does that not form a connection in your mind?

Does anyone else on this thread agree that John 3:5 is about baptism or about new birth in the spiritual?
1st “my church” you don’t have a church, only Christ has a church, only Christ has authority to establish the church Matt 18:18-19 all others are heretical sects the tradition of men

2nd why don’t it say, born in water born again of the spirit?

Still can’t explain vs 22 river equals water and they did not preach “accept Christ as your Lord and savior, but they baptized!
Thanks

1st “my church” you don’t have a church, only Christ has a church, only Christ has authority to establish the church Matt 18:18-19 all others are heretical sects the tradition of men
Don't be a silly billy. You understand the words and the ideas I put forward and now you are just quibbling over semantics.

And you are making a fundamental mistake. What is the Greek word that is translated as church?
The word just means a gathering together of people for a common purpose.
So if I gather people together for a purpose... it can be said to be my church.

2nd why don’t it say, born in water born again of the spirit?
So you are telling Jesus a better way to use words... that takes some audacity.
Still can’t explain vs 22 river equals water and they did not preach “accept Christ as your Lord and savior, but they baptized!
Thanks
This has little to nothing to do with verses 5-6.

John 3:22 After these things (a while later) came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea (in a different area); and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

I am not discussing what Jesus and the boys did after meeting with Nicodemus.
I am discussing the discussion between Jesus and Nicodemus.
Do you honestly not see the difference?

The church is the kingdom of God on earth the new covenant

That is one interpretation.
Scripture!

Prophecy of the new covenant and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5 (the church is the new Jerusalem the kingdom) gal 4:26 (one church) Jn 10:16

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Rev 21: 10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Matt 21:43 taken from Israel given to Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18-19 18:18 Jn 20:21 eph 2:20

1 Peter 4:11
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:8
Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

Jude 1:25
To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Christ is king and has all authority and dominion!

Christ appointed Peter, the apostles, and their successors to govern the church and administer the kingdom until He returns in glory!

Lk 1:32-33 how can Christ be king without a kingdom?

Matt 21:43 Lk 22:29 Dan 7:8 heb 12:28 how is the kingdom taken from Israel and given to the apostles if it does not exist?

Jude 1:25 how can there be dominion without a kingdom?

Matt 6:33 how can we seek a kingdom that does not exist?

Matt 16:18-19 how can Christ the king give Peter the keys of a kingdom that does not exist?

Matt 3:2 Mk 1:5 Lk 21:31 How can they preach: “the kingdom is at hand” if the kingdom does not exist?

Thanks

Scripture!

Prophecy of the new covenant and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5 (the church is the new Jerusalem the kingdom) gal 4:26 (one church) Jn 10:16

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Rev 21: 10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Matt 21:43 taken from Israel given to Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18-19 18:18 Jn 20:21 eph 2:20

1 Peter 4:11
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:8
Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

Jude 1:25
To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Christ is king and has all authority and dominion!

Christ appointed Peter, the apostles, and their successors to govern the church and administer the kingdom until He returns in glory!

Lk 1:32-33 how can Christ be king without a kingdom?

Matt 21:43 Lk 22:29 Dan 7:8 heb 12:28 how is the kingdom taken from Israel and given to the apostles if it does not exist?

Jude 1:25 how can there be dominion without a kingdom?

Matt 6:33 how can we seek a kingdom that does not exist?

Matt 16:18-19 how can Christ the king give Peter the keys of a kingdom that does not exist?

Matt 3:2 Mk 1:5 Lk 21:31 How can they preach: “the kingdom is at hand” if the kingdom does not exist?

Thanks
You post a lot of passages here.
I do not read out of context passages until you provide your thesis.
I have no idea what point you are trying to make and I will not sift through a page worth of quoted text to try to tease out your point.
Make a point clearly... give some references to back your point... ask a few questions... then maybe I will take you seriously.

You post a lot of passages here.
I do not read out of context passages until you provide your thesis.
I have no idea what point you are trying to make and I will not sift through a page worth of quoted text to try to tease out your point.
Make a point clearly... give some references to back your point... ask a few questions... then maybe I will take you seriously.
The kingdom came 2000 yrs ago but you can’t enter by faith alone

"In that day there shall be a fountain opened TO THE HOUSE OF DAVID, and to the INHABITANTS OF JERUSALEM, for sin and for uncleanness." (Zech. 13:1.)

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Matt 28:19 faith & baptism
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 eph 2:1 and 5 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 4:5 one faith, one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

The kingdom came 2000 yrs ago but you can’t enter by faith alone

"In that day there shall be a fountain opened TO THE HOUSE OF DAVID, and to the INHABITANTS OF JERUSALEM, for sin and for uncleanness." (Zech. 13:1.)

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Matt 28:19 faith & baptism
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 eph 2:1 and 5 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 4:5 one faith, one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!
I don't see you making a point here.
Was there a question or point you are trying to make?

Back