Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Member thoughts requested: POLL included.

What (if any) concerns do you have about our C&S forum.

• Not enough freedom to express "unique" or unconventional thoughts or opinions.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moderator bias.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I'm not quite sure why this subject arose in connection with my articles.

I have never hidden my relentless opposition to evolution, and this last is a serious challenge to the pro-evolutionists to come up with anything that could possibly account for the origin of the human mind.

As said, there is no accounting possible, and it is noteworthy that Barbarian had nothing to say. That isn't a surprise, because there is no accounting.

That being so, the theory of evolution is finished, and he knows it. If our minds did come from the chimps etc, then the theory of evolution also came from the chimps - and is a s worthless as a banana skin!

So I'm just a little perplexed. OK, I expressed myself a bit forcibly, but that isn't trolling, merely my heavy-footed style of writing.

Valid question Asyncritus. Why was my trigger pulled when I read your post? Certainly, I've literally read hundreds of similar posts from both sides of the fence. Could it be that I thought you'd be okay with it? Some of us have "evolved" a thick skin and can handle the various "sharp" replies given (thrown?) from the other side of the fence. Some even encourage such things. I picked you, because over the years, we've gotten to know each other well enough to be able (I think) to be open about stuff with each other.

That's not yet true for many, but it is true for a few. I could have used any number of threads as a launching pad for the point that I'm trying to make here. But, what exactly is that point? In the one-picture-is worth-a-thousand-words category, here's the point, illustrated by the picture:

Animated0237_zpsc47e0f44.gif

This is what I see every day in the Christianity and Science forum. Yes, I do see the little guy and am amused to see the harmless fun, but what I also see (and am conflicted about) is the evil sister, behind the camera, the one who attached the water balloon to the hose and then waited for her amusing trap to be sprung and posted on You-Tube for the amusement of her friends. Now, am I guilty of trolling here? Did I say that YOU were the evil sister? No and no. It's just a point that I want to drive home and I too am using a literary device to assist me.

If the sister isn't "evil" (and she isn't) would there be any concern if the younger boys were able to spot her devious ploy? What if the joking escalated? What if the little "water traps" became a full out battle and the living room couch and every bed in the house got wet in the heat of the battle? Would my laundry concerns need to be raised? That's all. We're just talking about laundry here, nothing more.

To even get here, you need plead your casewith the mods for permission to post.
Apparently, a half a dozen of us have been approved.
What is this all about, making it five?
To simply say "I Agree" to some forum-specific rules, I hardly think is a "plead".

Many people have been approved for this section. It obviously only has a small group of regulars.

To simply say "I Agree" to some forum-specific rules, I hardly think is a "plead".

Many people have been approved for this section. It obviously only has a small group of regulars.

Right...

The group is already small...
Give the OK to tell the few people here to shut up when one of the mods are themselves posting in ever discussion is sure to end with a bias or the feeling that there is such a bias.

With a little "supervision" over the 4 people who are even here to vote (not counting the two mods), we are sure to be talking to ourself.

Can you guys go back through our last two months of posting here with one another and give us an example of a post that you would have taken action against and how that would have improved our intercourse with one another here???

And, do you have a mod of staff in this forum who is on the other side of you mods, here, who are orthodox traditional medieval genesis advocates?

While Free was here with us we had no problem with spam or other ba behaviors.
Why do you think the changes are needed now???

Right...

The group is already small...
Give the OK to tell the few people here to shut up when one of the mods are themselves posting in ever discussion is sure to end with a bias or the feeling that there is such a bias.

With a little "supervision" over the 4 people who are even here to vote (not counting the two mods), we are sure to be talking to ourself.

Can you guys go back through our last two months of posting here with one another and give us an example of a post that you would have taken action against and how that would have improved our intercourse with one another here???

And, do you have a mod of staff in this forum who is on the other side of you mods, here, who are orthodox traditional medieval genesis advocates?

While Free was here with us we had no problem with spam or other ba behaviors.
Why do you think the changes are needed now???
You quoted me, but what you had to say had very little to do with what I posted. This thread is Sparrowhawke's initiative, not mine. He and Free moderate the science section.

I don't have time to go into specific examples, but I would suspect that a lot of posts that get moderated in this section are because they are not civil.

If you're asking do we have members of staff that believe in a literal 6 day creation, then yes we do. Most of the staff subscribe to that view.

FYI there are currently 232 people in the science group.

FYI there are currently 232 people in the science group.

And that does not count the unregistered among us. Just because one member or Moderator is more vocal than another does not mean that this one person should be given more consideration than the other two hundred and thirty-one Members, or those who are guests. I will thank you for your opinion here, but also ask that we simply leave it at that and stop trying to turn even this thread into a debate.

Thank you.

But most of all, my thanks to those who have participated in the poll.

Cordially,
SparrowHawke

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back