Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Muslim friend asking questions

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
God is infinite. Humans are finite. The complete truth of the trinity can never fully be grasped by us.

The Father is God. The Father is not the Son. The Father is not the Holy Spirit.
The Son is God. The Son is not the Father. The Son is not the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is God. The Holy Spirit is not the Father. The Holy Spirit is not the Son.

Three persons in one God (not three gods). Same in essence and being, three in role and relationship. Co-eternal, co-existent and consubstantial.

Jesus is the Son is God.

Jesus claimed to be God in a couple of passages in the Bible:

John 10:30 I and the Father are one."

John 8:54-59 Jesus answered, "If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say, 'He is our God.' (55) But you have not known him. I know him. If I were to say that I do not know him, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and I keep his word. (56) Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad." (57) So the Jews said to him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?" (58) Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am." (59) So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.

The Quran says the Bible is trustworthy. Surah 34:31, 35:41, 19:12.

Lucifer
... and how can God have a son?
I know this is perhaps the Muslim's biggest hang-up!

First let me say ...
The whole concept of a sinless human dying in our place makes a whole lot of sense!
The whole concept of GOD coming and dying in our place is just all the more wonderful!

Now ... Jesus can very easily be called the Son of God because:
Jesus's father was none other than God Himself ... the Holy Spirit (Matt 1:20, Luke 1:35).

And I've said all of this realizing that ...
Most spiritual truths really must be revealed to a person by God Himself.

Also, if I may be so bold ...
Satan --> "Gabriel" --> "Allah" --> Mohammed --> Qur'an --> Islam

Lucifer(Satan) is the absolute greatest liar and deceiver in the history of our world.

Last edited by a moderator:
God is infinite. Humans are finite. The complete truth of the trinity can never fully be grasped by us.

The Father is God. The Father is not the Son. The Father is not the Holy Spirit.
The Son is God. The Son is not the Father. The Son is not the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is God. The Holy Spirit is not the Father. The Holy Spirit is not the Son.

Three persons in one God (not three gods). Same in essence and being, three in role and relationship. Co-eternal, co-existent and consubstantial.

Jesus is the Son is God.

Jesus claimed to be God in a couple of passages in the Bible:

John 10:30 I and the Father are one."

John 8:54-59 Jesus answered, "If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say, 'He is our God.' (55) But you have not known him. I know him. If I were to say that I do not know him, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and I keep his word. (56) Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad." (57) So the Jews said to him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?" (58) Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am." (59) So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.

The Quran says the Bible is trustworthy. Surah 34:31, 35:41, 19:12.

Hi Joe,

It seems you've contradicted yourself here. You said three persons yet same in essence and being. Person means being.

The Bible teaches that there is only one God. (Isaiah 43:10, Isaiah 44:6-8, Isaiah 45:22, 1Peter 1:2)

The Bible teaches that there is one who is called Jesus and is identified as being God. (John 1:1-3; 14-18, John 20:28-29, 1 John 1:1-4; 5:20, Philippians 2:5-8, Revelation 1:17-18, Revelation 22:12-20)

The Bible teaches that there is one who is called the Holy Spirit and is identified as being God. (John 14:16-17, John 15:26, John 16:7-15, Acts 5:3-4, Acts 13:2, 1 Corinthians 12:4-18, Hebrews 9:14, Hebrews 10:15-18)

Well my muslim friend and I are having a debate about our faiths and the main issue that he (and most muslim's) have is with Jesus. The questions asked were how can Jesus be man and God? Is Jesus the Son of God or God?, and how can God have a son? Also that Jesus doesn't claimed to be God but that the bible was changed from Greek and misinterpreted.

Hi bhayes,

I have a Muslim co-worker, and we have been around the block a few times regarding faith. You will never find agreement with him because there are two different sources of information regarding truth. The one thing you have going for you is his conscience. If you gently ask your Muslim friend if he has kept the Law of Moses, then his conscience will agree with you whether he voices agreement or not. Go down the list of the Ten Commandments and ask him if he has ever violated them. Even if he says he kept them all, it doesn't matter. You don't want to argue with him. What will happen, most likely, is he will walk away from the conversation feeling like he justified himself, but the conscience will continue to accuse him, unless his conscience is seared to the point of no return.

If a man justifies himself, he won't see his need for salvation, and there is nothing you can do except live your faith and pray for him.

- Davies

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back