Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Must I go to church?

Which church?

Not going to church regularly doesn't seem to affect my walk with the Lord. I pray very much and read every day, but still, I do wonder if my walk would be even better if I did in fact attend regularly.
I think that depends on the church. We had to search 10 years to find the church where the Lord wants us now, but I can see He had a purpose in us going to the churches we did go to. I love the church we go to now, our pastor is great and his sermons (or even just talking to him) can leave me thinking for weeks!

I think that depends on the church. We had to search 10 years to find the church where the Lord wants us now, but I can see He had a purpose in us going to the churches we did go to. I love the church we go to now, our pastor is great and his sermons (or even just talking to him) can leave me thinking for weeks!

Rachel: It's good when one can feel comfortable with the ministry and fellowship of a particular local company of Christians. It's a very valuable thing.

Blessings.

Yeah. I think it would be improper (if not totally UnGodly) not to go to church.
I presently do not go to church.

I honestly do not get much out of the Sunday Morning tradition found in the church today except the satisfaction of a check mark in the 'gotta go to church' box on my to-do list.

I know it's important to stay in contact and fellowship with the brethren. But I also know there are ways that is done that is beneficial and which actually accomplishes what God had in mind for doing that, and ways that are largely a waste of time.

Well, I went to Church this morning. First time in months. Just got back actually. It was a good service, the Holy Spirit was evident and present. The pastor had a good message, and spoke about Grace, works law, justification, and faith. Interesting topic. One that has been beaten to death here, and I must say, he blew the naysayers out of the water, who drone on about how one must have works to be justified. Gave plenty of scripture to back it up, but I will not go into it here. This thread is about attending church.

There was a lot of fellowship there, and very friendly people. They had donuts and coffee (praise the Lord!) and dedicated some children to the Lord. As I walk away, I see that my biggest impression left with me was the singing unto the Lord. They had good music, with good lyrics and as our voices were lifting up joyful noise unto the Lord...I had a hard time singing along. When I would sing, the Spirit of the Lord came upon me and I got real choked up and tearful. It's very evident that the Lord likes us to lift up our voices in Praise and Worship in song. All in all, I am glad that I attended and plan to return for that reason. I enjoyed it very much, and I'm sure the Lord did too. Thanks for the referral to this Church, Deb.

That's wonderful! I was able to go to church this morning, which at 2am last night for the second time in a row I was not sleeping I was not sure if I would be able to handle waking up early. But I go to sleep a little later and even woke up an hour early and was able to just get up out of bed without hitting snooze (which has not happened in a long time) so I am truly thankful that I was able to make it. I am always amazed by how good of a sermon our church has and how when we start singing praises I don't want to stop.

Btw, a couple in our church has started to bring doughnuts which made me quite happy as well. ;)

That's great news Edward, I hope you are on your way to new heights.

My church service was great also. I think we were going through a down period but are on the way back up again.

I am now on the welcoming committee and I am the one now giving out the coffee cups!

News must travel fast, lol!

the apostle Paul speaks of the importance of coming together in the fellowship of other Christians "as the custom of some is" as it is beneficial to the maturation of every Christian.

Back