Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] MUST WATCH: Global COVID Summit - Declaration IV - Restore Scientific Integrity

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It was never intended for application in regular checkups

I never said a person shouldn't have regular checkups. Please don't make up lies about what I stated to misrepresent me.

A person should make their own decision and be led by the Spirit of Jesus Christ concerning their own body.

If a person doesn't believe in Jesus Christ or have His Spirit within them, then the Covid vaccine is the least of their problems.

For me personally, I don't want advice from a Christ rejector, because I don't trust their decision making process.

JLB

I love how so many anti-abortion Christians suddenly become champions of individual autonomy when it comes to the vaccine.

I never said a person shouldn't have regular checkups. Please don't make up lies about what I stated to misrepresent me.

A person should make their own decision and be led by the Spirit of Jesus Christ concerning their own body.

If a person doesn't believe in Jesus Christ or have His Spirit within them, then the Covid vaccine is the least of their problems.

For me personally, I don't want advice from a Christ rejector, because I don't trust their decision making process.

JLB
Should a person make their own decision on carrying a pregnancy to term? The language you use, "decision... their own body", is just like the language used by the pro-choice movement.
As for the Christ rejector comment, my "rejection" need not be relevant to the conversation unless you make it so.

Should a person make their own decision on carrying a pregnancy to term?

The decision to murder is always the decision of each individual.

Murder is a crime.

Murder violates God's commands to love.

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

JLB

The decision to murder is always the decision of each individual.

Murder is a crime.

Murder violates God's commands to love.

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

JLB
If you support the restriction of one's autonomy in this way, why not with vaccines? Because not getting vaccinated actually does harm people since it makes you more likely to spread it.

That statement Jesus made was never intended to be brought to the lengths you bring it to. It was never intended for application in regular checkups or vaccines. Jesus was not teaching medicine, he was referencing the analogy in reference to how he came to save sinners. What, just because I don't think the man actually existed means that I can't understand this?
Exactly. Context is important.

I love how so many anti-abortion Christians suddenly become champions of individual autonomy when it comes to the vaccine.
This is true. I had noticed this as well with much of the arguments made in the news and on social media about the vaccines and mandates. The difference is that a pregnant woman has another body inside her, so it is impossible to claim bodily autonomy. But similarly, and this is largely missed or ignored by anti-vaxxers, one person with the virus inevitably affects others, so the bodily autonomy argument fails as well. (Sorry, I see you made that point in your most recent post. haha)

Exactly.

"Azithromycin should not be routinely prescribed for Covid-19 infections because it does not help in fighting the disease. Instead, it may actually lead to the development of antibiotic resistance. It can also lead to side effects such as diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and more."

https://quick.md/blog/drugs-informa...z-pack-be-prescribed-for-covid-19-infections/
Which when I did take caused diarrhea and also the tests on it show it has no effect on covid recovery same as a placebo .

I was over covid in three days

Which when I did take caused diarrhea and also the tests on it show it has no effect on covid recovery same as a placebo .

I was over covid in three days
The belief that things like ZPaks and ivermectin help is rather ironic, since the main claim of most anti-vaxxers is that 99% (or thereabouts) of people recover from COVID, so it is nothing serious, nothing more than a flu (of course, some argue falsely that it is the flu). However, when they get COVID, they take medications to "help." They then attribute their getting better to the medication rather than their belief that most people get better from COVID without intervention.

So, either they actually believe COVID is more serious than they state and we need medication (or other medical intervention), or COVID isn't serious and at least some of the medications do little to nothing.

I find the psychology of anti-vax/anti-mandate people quite interesting. As an example, my step-dad and his wife ("step-mom") disagreed with the health mandates up here (mainly just masking and distancing) and believed at least some of the misinformation about vaccines, despite being retired health professionals. So, they went to Texas, one of the worst places to go during this pandemic (I suspect it is also where most of their misinformation was coming from as her daughter lives there). Sure enough, they both got COVID, bad, a couple of weeks before Christmas. My step-mom was able to get monoclonal antibody treatment but my step-dad's disease was too advanced. He died at the very beginning of this year, never having left the hospital. But now my step-mom is saying that she got COVID and was fine, completely ignoring the fact that she got a treatment that very likely saved her life. She also claims he didn't die of COVID. She has to believe that because cognitive dissonance can't allow her to admit it was COVID, or else she is culpable in his death (as are all who spread misinformation about the vaccines and the pandemic).

And it was almost certainly avoidable just by getting vaccinated and following the mandates.

The belief that things like ZPaks and ivermectin help is rather ironic, since the main claim of most anti-vaxxers is that 99% (or thereabouts) of people recover from COVID, so it is nothing serious, nothing more than a flu (of course, some argue falsely that it is the flu). However, when they get COVID, they take medications to "help." They then attribute their getting better to the medication rather than their belief that most people get better from COVID without intervention.

So, either they actually believe COVID is more serious than they state and we need medication (or other medical intervention), or COVID isn't serious and at least some of the medications do little to nothing.

I find the psychology of anti-vax/anti-mandate people quite interesting. As an example, my step-dad and his wife ("step-mom") disagreed with the health mandates up here (mainly just masking and distancing) and believed at least some of the misinformation about vaccines, despite being retired health professionals. So, they went to Texas, one of the worst places to go during this pandemic (I suspect it is also where most of their misinformation was coming from as her daughter lives there). Sure enough, they both got COVID, bad, a couple of weeks before Christmas. My step-mom was able to get monoclonal antibody treatment but my step-dad's disease was too advanced. He died at the very beginning of this year, never having left the hospital. But now my step-mom is saying that she got COVID and was fine, completely ignoring the fact that she got a treatment that very likely saved her life. She also claims he didn't die of COVID. She has to believe that because cognitive dissonance can't allow her to admit it was COVID, or else she is culpable in his death (as are all who spread misinformation about the vaccines and the pandemic).

And it was almost certainly avoidable just by getting vaccinated and following the mandates.
I am anti mask mandate ,not because masks bother me .just that I was forced to wear one that unless it ripped off ,I got no new ones
I poke my head into bushes looking for water meters .

Panty hose masks were tolerated here and other structer places .

Bandanas counted too.never mind the rules for inside restaurants.or my job .three or at the most five ac units in a large building .we must wear a mask if we leave our area ,so I walk 50 feet and wear a mask ,yet I wonder if they all shared each other's ac unit.

Have a beard ,mask is useless .but what do I know ,I have a beard and no masks touched my skin.per army it's why we shave ,a nerve agent ,etc and bio will still get you.

I live in Florida .pro mandate pelosi bought a house where I can go to and it's not far from her house to mar el Lago .she live an hour at most from me .

Jupiter island is in mask free Martin county .she bought as house there

I am anti mask mandate ,not because masks bother me .just that I was forced to wear one that unless it ripped off ,I got no new ones
I poke my head into bushes looking for water meters .

Panty hose masks were tolerated here and other structer places .

Bandanas counted too.never mind the rules for inside restaurants.or my job .three or at the most five ac units in a large building .we must wear a mask if we leave our area ,so I walk 50 feet and wear a mask ,yet I wonder if they all shared each other's ac unit.

Have a beard ,mask is useless .but what do I know ,I have a beard and no masks touched my skin.per army it's why we shave ,a nerve agent ,etc and bio will still get you.

I live in Florida .pro mandate pelosi bought a house where I can go to and it's not far from her house to mar el Lago .she live an hour at most from me .

Jupiter island is in mask free Martin county .she bought as house there
Ugh I stand corrected on pelosi .she didn't buy a home in Jupiter island .

Exactly. Context is important.

This is true. I had noticed this as well with much of the arguments made in the news and on social media about the vaccines and mandates. The difference is that a pregnant woman has another body inside her, so it is impossible to claim bodily autonomy. But similarly, and this is largely missed or ignored by anti-vaxxers, one person with the virus inevitably affects others, so the bodily autonomy argument fails as well. (Sorry, I see you made that point in your most recent post. haha)
though I don't think the fetus is a person (don't want to derail the thread with that too much though), certainly anyone who calls themselves pro-life should be concerned that their decisions not to get vaccinated are harming others.

The Covid Vaccine may work for some, but may injure and kill others.
There will always be some who are allergic or otherwise harmed by any vaccine. This is why you're required to stay in the area for about 20 min. after receiving it. Life-threatening complications, which are rare, will almost always happen in that time. (and they are easily treated) In 8 years operating an immunization service for the Air Force, I've had two such cases, and only one was life-threatening. A quick shot of epinephrine reversed the reaction, although he had to stay in ICU overnight to make sure his system had cleared all of the antigen before he was released, and he required two further does of epinephrine before morning.

Counting flu shots, there were hundreds of thousands of shot given in that time. The COVID-19 vaccinations seem to have about the same rate of severe reactions. As you probably know, VAERS allows anyone to report anything, so the few real reations get mixed up in reports of the shot causing auto crashes, suicides, and turning people into the Incredible Hulk
For me, it's not worth the risk of the problems and or death it could cause.

It's like refusing to wear a seat belt, because the dye in the belt could cause an allergic reaction. Given that the hospitalization and death rate of unvaccinated people is thousands of times higher than the death rate from reactions to any vaccine, it's an extraordinary failure to consider the odds.

And so far, there's no indication of "long range" effects of the vaccine, other than immunity. But as you know, there are numerous, serious long range effects for many people who have even minor infections from COVID-19. Some of those take months or years to appear.

All needless risks; the "long haul" victims and the costs to them and to society are yet to be determined.

Death would be considered a "long range" effect I believe .

COVID VACCINE VICTIMS MEMORIAL WALL
Wow, that's very few people. Very very few. Virtually every vaccine, including the ones that are mostly uncontroversial, has claimed a whole lot more lives than that. Of course some people's bodies will react to every vaccine in negative ways that can result in death.

But the number you have there completely disappears next to the number of people who died from COVID. Being scared about the vaccine and ignoring COVID's death toll is just irrational. It's like Jesus' comparison of the log and the speck in the eye. You are focusing on the little things and disregarding what matters more.

Besides, do we even know that all of those people even actually died of the vaccine? Or is this just "after this therefore because of this"? I don't see details on this handful of people.

Back